Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by briefstop View Post
Why is it acceptable that after being here for hundreds of years, Blacks still find themselves competing with whatever current immigrant wave that happens to be occurring?
Why are they the ones being affect by this the most? Why are they competing with unskilled people who can barely speak English? Why are they unskilled?

Why are you cool with people arguing that Blacks belong in these jobs?

Instead of being all okey-dokey about Blacks being most affected by illegals, and blaming the illegals for being HIRED(not taking) for these jobs, you should be wondering why the Black community is still underrepresented with many not receiving adequate resources to move out of the low class.

The others have no real concern for the Black community..it's just a card being thrown out there. They play it like the Black card trumps the Mestizo card, in a way that should be offensive to you.
Amen! For some reason, I get the feeling that Blacks in this forum are in denial that racism is no longer an issue and that Blacks have all the resources needed to succeed in this country if one needs to. You dont have to go far. Just look at the outcome of Katrina in New Orleans. Many today are still trying to fight for equal treatment and a better education system. They have some of the highest high school drop out rates and the highest crime rates in the country. I personally dont believe that people dont want to get an education like they claim Hispanics dont. There is obviously a connection here. There is one group that is succeeding in this country and it is obviously not Blacks and Hispanics. I'm not trying to bring out the failures of Blacks but some people are never da%n tired of discussing the failures of Hispanics.

As one poster mentioned...jobs are given, not taken.

Last edited by zacatecana; 10-14-2009 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: add
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,879 times
Everybody please calm down. Even sensitive topics like this can be discussed rationally.
Yac.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:50 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Don't give yourself too much credit. It's just a pointless question. I'm not from Mexico or China. I'm from America. America has no race attached to it(well, the Native Americans, but most of them got wiped out). It's not a White country. It's a multiethnic country of AMERICANS, not whites.

But yeah, you should talk it up with the KKK. They have the same goals as you, same ideals. They also say they are about retaining "our" traditional society and culture in this country from "muds". They don't think anything is wrong with that, either.

What's even more deafening is the silence of your fellow anti-immigrants. Where are they? What do they think about your White superior America?
I didn't say that this country belongs to whites only! I said we have a white majority and always have just like Mexico has a majority Mestizo population along with their culture and language. You are confusing majority with minority. I never denied the existance of minority ethnic groups in this country or their right to be here as citizens but that still doesn't change the fact that we have a majority white country racially and an identifying culture and language.

The KKK advocates for an all white country, I don't! I just want to retain our identity as a nation and our traditional society as the dominant one. No different than what the Mexicans, Chinese, Japanese, etc. want for their countries. Advocating for this does not make me a white supremist either anymore than Mexicans in Mexico are brown supremists for wanting to retain their countries traditional society and culture.

I don't know anyone in here that is anti-"immmigrant" so who are you talking about?

Old 10-14-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The same posters who claim to be "defending" blacks in this thread are the same ones opposed to affirmative action and any other programs that might benefit African Americans.
Really? Did you ask any of us about this or are you just assuming and puliing this remark out of a hat?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Amen! For some reason, I get the feeling that Blacks in this forum are in denial that racism is no longer an issue and that Blacks have all the resources needed to succeed in this country if one needs to. You dont have to go far. Just look at the outcome of Katrina in New Orleans. Many today are still trying to fight for equal treatment and a better education system. They have some of the highest high school drop out rates and the highest crime rates in the country. I personally dont believe that people dont want to get an education like they claim Hispanics dont. There is obviously a connection here. There is one group that is succeeding in this country and it is obviously not Blacks and Hispanics. I'm not trying to bring out the failures of Blacks but some people are never da%n tired of discussing the failures of Hispanics.
You will not find ONE post by me in which I have even remotely implied that racism no longer exists against blacks in this country. Unless one is living in a remote area under a rock, it would be impossible not to be aware of the fact that racism is alive and well. Anyone doubting this reality would need only to stroll over to the P&OC forum or Stormfront.

There will always be a need to ensure equitable treatment for ALL citizens of this country, including equal pay for women. If Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson were truly interested in championing ‘black’ causes, they would be in every major city of this country visiting crime-infested inner-city neighborhoods, visiting schools and prisons, and visiting black churches (without expecting offerings from the congregation) to encourage an end to black-on-black crime, teen pregnancy, illiteracy, gang violence, and myriad other problems plaguing poor blacks. The fact that they have now embraced illegal immigration speaks volumes.

With so much work remaining in the black communities of this country, why on earth are these so-called black leaders jumping on the pro-illegal bandwagon and coalescing with ethnocentric Hispanic groups? I would certainly clean my own house before I would even consider running over to help the neighbors clean theirs -- particularly, if said neighbor watched my house burn years ago, and did nothing.

As a black American over the age of 40, I have witnessed the progress made in race relations in this country. Thus, it saddens me to see the progress that so many fought and died for, being systematically dismantled to facilitate the illegal cheap labor industry.

BTW, I don’t recall anyone on this forum highlighting the failures of Hispanics. Unless pro-illegals stop conflating Hispanic illegal aliens with Hispanic-Americans, we will never engage in meaningful dialogue. For the umpteenth time, Illegal aliens are NOT Hispanic-Americans -- they are interloping foreigners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
As one poster mentioned...jobs are given, not taken.
If I steal something, and then give it to you -- is it not still theft? Aren’t you the recipient of something stolen?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
I never said that you said there couldn't be people of color here: as long as they are not too many of them.

Yes, what you are saying is White supremacist. Mexico, China, and Japan have nothing to do with it.
I'm not going to continue this. But the silence from your fellows is deafening.

America is going to be come a "minority-majority" country in the future. Not just Hispanics, but also Asians, mixed-race, Blacks. Whites aren't going anywhere, it's just going to be less dominant by one race. The Hispanics will probably slow down eventually, and then another group(Asians?) will begin to grow.

We're going to be a multi-ethnic America, not a White America with a few minorities thrown in for fun diversity.

American is not a race, and if you truly want people to assimilate and love America as their own, then stop the BS that this country is made for Whites and it should stay that way.

Your views are more related to the KKK than mainstream America or even your average Minuteman.

And that's my last word on that.
Good, I am glad that is your last word on this since all you have done is twist my words and their meanings. My views are not of the KKK. They want an all white America, I don't! You also repeated the same false accusation again that I said that America is for whites only. I NEVER SAID THAT! If the white race is diluted or becomes the minority in this country then so goes our traditonal culture and language. Yes, Mexico and the other countries I mentioned are a relative point in this discussion because no country wants to lose their natural identity, culture and language by an illegal invasion into their countries. There is nothing racist nor supremist about that. These Mesizos for the most part do not want to assimilate to our culture and in fact many harbor a resentment towards the "gringo" over some stolen land BS and many of their citizen counterparts are backing them up and calling us racists for not accepting this. And you wonder why the majority of white Americans are up in arms over this?

I don't see millions of Asians or other ethnic groups invading our country illegally and breeding us out of existance either, only those from south of our border. So your point was moot on that one.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:53 AM

332 posts, read 644,265 times
Quote:
Because they see it as a way to get back at whitey and increase the numbers of people of color in this country.
Very true. I doubt very much that most Black politicians in Washington would side with the illegals, if the majority of illegal immigrants in the U.S were from Scandinavian countries.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:28 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Very true. I doubt very much that most Black politicians in Washington would side with the illegals, if the majority of illegal immigrants in the U.S were from Scandinavian countries.
GREEN is the only color pro-illegal black politicians see.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 AM

264 posts, read 457,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post

Don't know why we're resurrecting a 6 month old thread, but...

If you truly believe that "Black leaders" support illegal immigration, you should read this:

"Congressional Black Caucus study finds that illegal immigration is destroying workforce opportunities and placing a 'crushing burden' on Blacks"

MORRIS: A crushing burden on blacks - Washington Times

Last edited by Econolodge-911; 03-26-2010 at 08:02 AM..

Old 03-26-2010, 08:20 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Econolodge-911 View Post

Don't know why we're resurrecting a 6 month old thread, but...

If you truly believe that "Black leaders" support illegal immigration, you should read this:

"Congressional Black Caucus study finds that illegal immigration is destroying workforce opportunities and placing a 'crushing burden' on Blacks"

MORRIS: A crushing burden on blacks - Washington Times
It sounds to me that the Congressional Black Caucus should be renamed the Un-American Caucus--------------they are de facto traitors IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration