U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 10-15-2009, 10:24 AM
 
Location: San Diego
17,250 posts, read 13,397,142 times
Reputation: 6082
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm amazed at how many people responded that they dont want illegal immigrants to be counted in the census.

This is why it is very important to count all people regardless of legal status. If say 10 thousand US citizens children are counted in the census but 20 thousand show up to school, the school will be under funded by the government. By law, the school cannot ask for legal status of a child. Therefore, all children in the school system will be lacking resources to succeed in their education. The same goes for community resources and so on. Is this what we want for our children?

I frankly have no faith that illegal immigrants will even consider completing the census forms. They would be too afraid to be deported and some here have already admitted that the census can be a tool to findout who they are and where they live for specifically that purpose.

If we dont have an accurate count of citizens, legal and illegal as a whole, this is going to hurt us in the long run. In addition to it being a waste of money.
I think it is exactly what should happen. When 20K show up at the schools it will force Govt to finally do something about the illegal trespassers choking out the US tax payers and their tax dollars.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2009, 04:42 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,404 posts, read 7,779,416 times
Reputation: 2166
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.
you are wrong.

the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I think it is exactly what should happen. When 20K show up at the schools it will force Govt to finally do something about the illegal trespassers choking out the US tax payers and their tax dollars.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:33 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 4,060,611 times
Reputation: 1274
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.

you are wrong.

the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.
Tell that to their parents.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:49 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 6,097,933 times
Reputation: 2119
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.
you are wrong.

the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.
Just what is the government doing? Not much! "Slowly"? Yeah, slowly our nation is being bled dry by illegal aliens. As I said already, short term loss but long term gain. I'd rather see our kids suffer in the next few years than forever from these invaders in so many other ways that will affect their future.

As for the employers, all the apologists for the illegals and probably many of these greedy employers themselves are bucking e-verify constantly. I don't see our government mandating e-verify across the board anytime soon if ever. Raids alone aren't going to do either.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,157 posts, read 25,991,605 times
Reputation: 3654
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.
you are wrong.


the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.
Take that up with the kids' illegal alien criminal parents.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: San Diego
17,250 posts, read 13,397,142 times
Reputation: 6082
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.
you are wrong.

the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.
This is the choice of the Illegals, they count on being able to burn the tax payers once they can kick out a kid on US soil. We as tax payers are suffering because these Illegals know the loop holes.

Please explain to me why the kids of these Illegals would suffer living in the same house the Illegals were less than a year ago? Is it because they wouldn't get the free social services provided by me and other tax payers. I don't pay my taxes (by force) to have them squandered on the children of criminals working the system. These kids should be the sole responsibility of the criminals having them. Not me.

If I have to adopt one of these kids I want to at least be able to name them just like road side trash pick up signs. Or better yet, how about the Mexican Govt take care of a few Mexican kids instead of me? Does that sound fair? I think it does.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 10-15-2009 at 06:28 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 06:53 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 3,467,533 times
Reputation: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
thats very reactionary and short sighted.

kids should not suffer.
you are wrong.

the govt is already doing something. slowly, but surely. why should we as citizens suffer. would you be fine with the public having to suffer for what employers do? the emphasis is now on employers and such. thats the way to do it.
Well, this group is extremely reactionary and short sighted as a whole...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 08:47 PM
 
Location: Norwood, MN
1,828 posts, read 2,310,501 times
Reputation: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm amazed at how many people responded that they dont want illegal immigrants to be counted in the census.

This is why it is very important to count all people regardless of legal status. If say 10 thousand US citizens children are counted in the census but 20 thousand show up to school, the school will be under funded by the government. By law, the school cannot ask for legal status of a child. Therefore, all children in the school system will be lacking resources to succeed in their education. The same goes for community resources and so on. Is this what we want for our children?

I frankly have no faith that illegal immigrants will even consider completing the census forms. They would be too afraid to be deported and some here have already admitted that the census can be a tool to findout who they are and where they live for specifically that purpose.

If we dont have an accurate count of citizens, legal and illegal as a whole, this is going to hurt us in the long run. In addition to it being a waste of money.
Why shouldn't schools be allowed to ask the legal status of a child? If they arent legal, out they go, and back to Mexico with your parents, by force if necessary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2009, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Cherokee Nation
27,556 posts, read 10,484,208 times
Reputation: 6082
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

kids should not suffer.

You meant to say after that... Anymore than they already do, because of the illegals children flooding our public schools and sucking us dry.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
 
3,536 posts, read 3,467,533 times
Reputation: 774
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You meant to say after that... Anymore than they already do, because of the illegals children flooding our public schools and sucking us dry.
So illegal immigrants shouldn't be counted in the census and thus no funds allocated to such regions affected by population growth? They are here regardless of whether you like it or not. Simply placing blame is not making any inroads in achieving social and economic parity in this nation.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top