Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:34 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Well, then, you should have written hospital in your first post.
I’m not aware of emergency rooms being located outside a hospital. But, I’m sure you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 09:35 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You can’t receive chemotherapy, radiation, MRIs, or CAT scans in a physicians’ office.
I'm sorry - but just for the sake of accuracy, this is incorrect. I have received both chemotherapy and radiation therapy in my physician's offices.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
I'm sorry - but just for the sake of accuracy, this is incorrect. I have received both chemotherapy and radiation therapy in my physician's offices.
Then, I stand corrected. However, I do believe people generally receive such treatment at hospitals. At least the years my dad received his, they were always administered inside the hospital. I don’t personally know of anyone who has received those in a doctor’s office, but I accept your word.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:49 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not aware of emergency rooms being located outside a hospital. But, I’m sure you are.
Of course they're not; however, your posts imply that the only way to gain entry to a hospital is through Emergency, and that is not the case, nor is it the case that you must go to a public hospital if your condition warrants emergency care. All major cities have private hospitals, and nearly all come equipped with emergency departments.

Other than when my son was transported via helicopter to Johns Hopkins for a CT following a head injury (he's fine, thanks), my family has always received treatment through private physicians, outpatient treatment centers, or small, private hospitals. If you are insured, these options are probably available to you, too, and it would solve your problem of having to spend any time at all with indigent patients in the waiting area of an inner city public hospital.

Just thought you should know, so you can avoid situations that obviously make you uncomfortable.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:59 AM

634 posts, read 1,558,482 times
Default well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
What about all of the American children (and adults) who need medical care, transplants, food, shelter. I've seen an elderly American woman evicted from her home, in a wheelchair! because she couldn't pay her rent. I know nurses who say if someone comes into the ER, and can't speak English, not to even query them about their finances because they probably don't have any money or insurance! If I went to the ER, they would want to know how I was going to pay the bill, and want the $$$$ right now, before they even would see me. What about the Americans who are dying because they are $1.00 over the limit to qualify for medicaid? What about the fact that if you are an American, you better have the money/insurance for a transplant, or you won't get it, while illegals get them for free!? Hey Illegals, be sure to tell the DHS that you are here illegaly, so your organ transplants and after care will be completely free, for you, anyway.
ALIPAC - Illegal Immigrants Get Free Organ Transplants

The same show that showed the elderly woman being evicted showed some illegals going into a free clinic, then going right around the corner, and selling their medicines! I'm just so sick and tired of seeing hungry Americans paying their taxes to feed these illegals, and to shelter them. Why can't our government see this? Who are they trying to impress, because it sure isn't the Americans!

I don't even know how you Illegals can sleep at night. I'm through reading your sob stories! Do things the right way instead of being such leeches!
I totally agree, I am another American sick of this invasion!!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,900,516 times
The bleeding heart society. Bleed all they want, but the $$$ isn't coming out of their pockets. It comes out of John and Mary hardworking taxpayer's pockets.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Of course they're not; however, your posts imply that the only way to gain entry to a hospital is through Emergency, and that is not the case, nor is it the case that you must go to a public hospital if your condition warrants emergency care. All major cities have private hospitals, and nearly all come equipped with emergency departments.

Other than when my son was transported via helicopter to Johns Hopkins for a CT following a head injury (he's fine, thanks), my family has always received treatment through private physicians, outpatient treatment centers, or small, private hospitals. If you are insured, these options are probably available to you, too, and it would solve your problem of having to spend any time at all with indigents in an inner city public hospital waiting room.

Just thought you should know, so you can avoid situations that obviously make you uncomfortable.
I am insured, and have been for years. Therefore, I have private physicians. However, when family members have had life-threatening injuries or illnesses, they have been transported via ambulance to emergency rooms (Washington Hospital Center, Georgetown, George Washington, etc.). I’m not sure why you are trying to belabor the issue.

As previously stated, my dad (also insured) received treatment for cancer for many years. With the exception of hormone injections for prostate cancer, all other treatments were administered at the Cancer Institute at the Washington Hospital Center, or in other locations at the Hospital Center.

I am entitled to feel disdain for people who are abusing our services. You are entitled to embrace them. End of discussion.

Oh, I forgot to mention. The Washington Hospital Center is a PRIVATE hospital. As a matter of fact, it is the largest private hospital in DC; as well as an award-winning facility.

Last edited by Benicar; 10-18-2009 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Additional info.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
The bleeding heart society. Bleed all they want, but the $$$ isn't coming out of their pockets. It comes out of John and Mary hardworking taxpayer's pockets.
Many self described 'Bleeding Hearts' have turned to stone where illegals are concerned as of late

Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 AM

5,747 posts, read 12,051,162 times
Benicar...Listen, I'm surrounded by a family of health care workers, so believe me when I tell you that I am familiar with the burden indigent patients put on our health care system. Furthermore, I have NOT actually shared my opinion about the situation, so it's unfair of you to imply that I embrace people who "are abusing our services."

My posts were simply intended to let you know that there are other options for you as a fully-insured citizen of this country. If you choose not to embrace those options and continue to put yourself in situations that make you extremely angry, then I can only assume that you enjoy elevating your blood pressure, which isn't a very good idea, since inviting cardiac arrest is the quickest way to find yourself in the den of the beast.

In the case, though, that you eventually decide that there is more to life than looking for trouble in public hospital waiting rooms, you can avoid the situation altogether by taking advantage of the alternate treatment venues available to you through your insurance provider.

Wishing you good health...FC

Old 10-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Benicar...Listen, I'm surrounded by a family of health care workers, so believe me when I tell you that I am familiar with the burden indigent patients put on our health care system. Furthermore, I have NOT actually shared my opinion about the situation, so it's unfair of you to imply that I embrace people who "are abusing our services."

My posts were simply intended to let you know that there are other options for you as a fully-insured citizen of this country. If you choose not to embrace those options and continue to put yourself in situations that make you extremely angry, then I can only assume that your enjoy elevating your blood pressure, which isn't a very good idea, since inviting cardiac arrest is the quickest way to find yourself in the den of the beast.

In the case, though, that you eventually decide that there is more to life than looking for trouble in public hospital waiting rooms, you can avoid the situation altogether by taking advantage of the alternate treatment venues available to you through your insurance provider.

Wishing you good health...FC
When did I ever mention public hospitals? Obviously, you didn’t read the edit to my post. Otherwise, you would realize the hospital in question is private.

Given that you are “surrounded” by healthcare workers, you should realize there are mandates requiring hospitals to treat ALL emergencies. Often, emergency treatment involves a series of tests administered in various locations of the hospital. Furthermore, ambulances are required to take patients to the nearest hospital, whether public or private.

Your posts have been condescending, and replete with assumptions. I do not apologize for opposing lawlessness and the squandering of my hard-earned taxes. However, apathy is certainly your prerogative.

I do appreciate your sarcastic concern for my health; which, by the way, is excellent. The “intent” of your posts is evident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration