U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:55 AM

3,936 posts, read 5,448,242 times

Advertisements

What about all of the American children (and adults) who need medical care, transplants, food, shelter. I've seen an elderly American woman evicted from her home, in a wheelchair! because she couldn't pay her rent. I know nurses who say if someone comes into the ER, and can't speak English, not to even query them about their finances because they probably don't have any money or insurance! If I went to the ER, they would want to know how I was going to pay the bill, and want the $$$$ right now, before they even would see me. What about the Americans who are dying because they are $1.00 over the limit to qualify for medicaid? What about the fact that if you are an American, you better have the money/insurance for a transplant, or you won't get it, while illegals get them for free!? Hey Illegals, be sure to tell the DHS that you are here illegaly, so your organ transplants and after care will be completely free, for you, anyway.
ALIPAC - Illegal Immigrants Get Free Organ Transplants

The same show that showed the elderly woman being evicted showed some illegals going into a free clinic, then going right around the corner, and selling their medicines! I'm just so sick and tired of seeing hungry Americans paying their taxes to feed these illegals, and to shelter them. Why can't our government see this? Who are they trying to impress, because it sure isn't the Americans!

I don't even know how you Illegals can sleep at night. I'm through reading your sob stories! Do things the right way instead of being such leeches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 08:49 AM

807 posts, read 1,116,947 times
Absolutely Agree Jess!!!

I'm also sick of turning on the News every night and hearing some "heart wrenching" story about a family seperated because a woman chose to cross into the U.S. Illegally from Mexico and drop an anchor baby and then be up in arms because immigration is attempting to enforce the law!

It's kinda like a sad story about the man that tried to break into the elderly woman's house, rape and rob her and then ends up getting shot by the elderly woman..

Old 10-18-2009, 08:51 AM

5,748 posts, read 10,504,424 times
Stop watching the news. It messes with your head.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:03 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
What about all of the American children (and adults) who need medical care, transplants, food, shelter. I've seen an elderly American woman evicted from her home, in a wheelchair! because she couldn't pay her rent. I know nurses who say if someone comes into the ER, and can't speak English, not to even query them about their finances because they probably don't have any money or insurance! If I went to the ER, they would want to know how I was going to pay the bill, and want the $$$$ right now, before they even would see me. What about the Americans who are dying because they are $1.00 over the limit to qualify for medicaid? What about the fact that if you are an American, you better have the money/insurance for a transplant, or you won't get it, while illegals get them for free!? Hey Illegals, be sure to tell the DHS that you are here illegaly, so your organ transplants and after care will be completely free, for you, anyway.
ALIPAC - Illegal Immigrants Get Free Organ Transplants

The same show that showed the elderly woman being evicted showed some illegals going into a free clinic, then going right around the corner, and selling their medicines! I'm just so sick and tired of seeing hungry Americans paying their taxes to feed these illegals, and to shelter them. Why can't our government see this? Who are they trying to impress, because it sure isn't the Americans!

I don't even know how you Illegals can sleep at night. I'm through reading your sob stories! Do things the right way instead of being such leeches!
Believe me, you are not alone. Many citizens share your ire, and are fed up.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formercalifornian View Post
Stop watching the news. It messes with your head.
Avoiding the news wonít help if you visit any ER in a major city. Itís in your face.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:10 AM

If you work in an Emergency Department, your options are limited; otherwise, I suggest seeing a private physician.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 AM

Quote:
If you work in an Emergency Department, your options are limited; otherwise, I suggest seeing a private physician.
You can’t receive chemotherapy, radiation, MRIs, or CAT scans in a physicians’ office. Nor can you receive emergency treatment for life-threatening conditions.

When was the last time an ambulance took a dying patient to a doctor’s office?

Old 10-18-2009, 09:23 AM

Now, you're not even making sense. Chemotherapy is never administered in the Emergency Department, neither is radiation therapy. You don't even have to go to a traditional hospital to receive chemo, since there are many private outpatient chemo centers across the nation, most of them in large cities. Certainly, one can receive an MRI or CT after coming to Emergency, but in that case, you've probably suffered a traumatic injury and have been rushed through the waiting area for immediate diagnosis and treatment. You're not sitting around in the waiting room with the great unwashed. (Yes, I'm being facetious.) And, if you don't need to be rushed through the double swinging doors post haste, then you probably don't belong in the Emergency Department at all.

So, unless you're an emergency physician, nurse, tech, or support staff member, I suggest you find another line of argument.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Now, you're not even making sense. Chemotherapy is never administered in the Emergency Department, neither is radiation therapy. You don't even have to go to a traditional hospital to receive chemo, since there are many private outpatient chemo center across the country. Certainly, one can receive an MRI or CT after coming to Emergency, but in that case, you've probably suffered a traumatic injury and have been rushed through the waiting area for immediate diagnosis and treatment. You're not sitting around in the waiting room with the great unwashed. Yes, I'm being facetious.

So, unless you're an emergency physician, nurse, tech, or support staff member, I suggest you find another line of argument.
This is getting to be ridiculous. HOSPITALS -- not necessarily an ER. Do you think illegals are confined to the ER of a hospital? Think again.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:31 AM

It's not ridiculous at all. You should have written hospital in your first post, and then we would be having a different conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration