U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 05:48 PM

841 posts, read 790,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I can't answer the first but someone is supplying the locals with meth. We go to Cabo many times a year and for the last few years we've had to lock up everything at night cause the tweekers on dinghy and pangas will steal your stuff. I was really bummed that stuff hit Baja.

That is sad to hear. Report said Familia cartel sells only 20% of meth in Mexico but wouldn't be surprised if that number goes up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The impression I get reading between the lines concerning the dramatic increase in murders SoB is that Meth is making huge inroads there since the drug cartels have more trouble selling their junk here in the USA.
So it sounds like there's been more of a crack down in US for awhile. Cartels fight each other and police in Mexico for drug trade there.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Largest US Sting On Drug Cartel Arrests 300-Plus - Politics News Story - KOAT Albuquerque (http://www.koat.com/politics/21391018/detail.html - broken link)
Appreciate the link, so Familia are illegals, not legals, and they have many member thugs here to be eliminated. If we had a better hand on border control long ago this cartel and others would have been stopped along with all illegal immigration and it's problems.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That is probably their intention. Many of the cartels are getting their "soldiers" here legally if they can. With all the many anchor baby births, the previous amnesty, and family chain migration plus the wide open border, pretty much anyone can come here for any reason they have, legally or illegally.
Americans to their government: "What a fine Mess you've gotten me into"! (Oliver and Hardy)

Old 10-24-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
True to a point,BUT both have the factor of no control over them being here. Both are here doing something against the law.
Absolutely, and just goes to show that when laws are not enforced as with illegal immigration it creates many continuing and serious problems spiraling out of control, like a domino effect.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:04 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Drug cartels and illegal immigrants are two total different entities.
No they are not.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:12 AM

The cartels benefit immensely from a wide open border and the lack of enforcement of immigration laws. Anyone can come over that border for any reason at all, all the people coming over illegally do not respect the laws of the USA, they will quickly break any law that does not convenience them. It's a rare illegal that simply breaks the one law of coming here illegally, they will break labor laws, readily commit felony document fraud, drive without licenses and insurance, purchase stolen identifications.

Many illegals are running drugs, many illegals use the illegal immigrant communities established to hide in, provide them a place to stay and to recruit drug dealers to get their drugs sold and distributed. Many drug traffickers and drug runners live with family members that aren't running drugs and many drugs are coming over through the same smuggling rings that smuggle in humans and weapons back to Mexico. Often it's the anchor babies of illegals bringing the crystal meth and marijuana to the middle schools and high schools to deal between class.

Without massive and unlimited illegal border crossing, the drug cartels will have a much more difficult time especially if they also crack down on all the legal crossing by Mexican truck and bus drivers and commuters who are bringing in drugs.

The only way to shake the control of the border from drug cartels is for the government to do it's job and secure it.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
My mother and father are not drug traffickers.
Your mother and father might not have been -- although you probably really don't know if they financed their trip over the border by agreeing to be drug mules. It costs something like $5000 to be smuggled over the border and how do "poor starving immigrants" get a hold of that kind of money?

What your parents did does not justify anything. If my dad robbed banks and my mom shoplifted, does that somehow make those crimes right? What if my uncle embezzled money? Could I justify that by saying he was otherwise a great guy? Some people could have ancestors that owned slaves or that were Nazis, -- nothing is justified because family members did it.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:01 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Quote:
My mother and father are not drug traffickers.
I’m not accusing your parents of being drug traffickers; but, would you actually know? Furthermore, if they are working in this country, they are either working under the table (tax evasion), or using a stolen (theft) or fake (fraud) SSN. No offense, but they're not exactly the pillars of society, are they?

Quote:
"I would say that they were well-integrated members of the community," Clopp said. "A lot of them keep up the everyday appearance of work and family."

Old 10-25-2009, 12:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
So it sounds like there's been more of a crack down in US for awhile. Cartels fight each other and police in Mexico for drug trade there.
Meth consumption is down here in the USA: I live here in Arizona where we had a huge problem with that drug----------Meth is following crack cocaine downward in popularity. The rep of both illegal drugs is they are too damn dangerous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration