U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 06:48 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read Culture of Critique View Post
And some are Nordic Italians and/or Nordic Castilian Spaniards
Very true: and said Nordic Castilian Spaniards are just as 'Hispanic' as a 5' tall Mayan Indian from Guatemala
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 05:22 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
If Bill Clinton was called 'America's first black President' some years back (for being 'cool')....and if LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa can refer to himself as an illegal alien.("WE clean your toilets")....and if Bill Cosby, when he scolded the black community during a speech, can be called "a white guy"....I see no reason Barak Obama can't be 'America's First Latino President'...

Coming from Geraldo Rivera, in fact, I think that has to be one of the more SENSIBLE things he's said in some time...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM

3,886 posts, read 5,999,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If Bill Clinton was called 'America's first black President' some years back (for being 'cool')....and if LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa can refer to himself as an illegal alien.("WE clean your toilets")....and if Bill Cosby, when he scolded the black community during a speech, can be called "a white guy"....I see no reason Barak Obama can't be 'America's First Latino President'...

Coming from Geraldo Rivera, in fact, I think that has to be one of the more SENSIBLE things he's said in some time...
Rivera rarely says anything sensible either.lol

Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,412,946 times
Okay Benicar, when I first read this thread, my reaction was...Benicar is right...this is ridiculous. President Obama's ethnicity has never been a secret.

However, after looking at the video of Geraldo stating that Obama "could be Puerto Rican", it sounds more like he was being *sacastic*, as if he was saying "he could pass as Latino". He could have done without that comment, I do agree. It was irrelevant and his dry humor is not helping at all. Now, how is this comment related to illegal immigration? Nothing at all.

YouTube - Geraldo Rivera Slams Lou Dobbs

On the other hand, it was good to hear today that the commercial of "drop Dobbs" will be aired on CNN after all. If Dobbs get fired, it is also good to hear that he has no chance of getting into FOX! YES!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Okay Benicar, when I first read this thread, my reaction was...Benicar is right...this is ridiculous. President Obama's ethnicity has never been a secret.

However, after looking at the video of Geraldo stating that Obama "could be Puerto Rican", it sounds more like he was being *sacastic*, as if he was saying "he could pass as Latino". He could have done without that comment, I do agree. It was irrelevant and his dry humor is not helping at all. Now, how is this comment related to illegal immigration? Nothing at all.

YouTube - Geraldo Rivera Slams Lou Dobbs

On the other hand, it was good to hear today that the commercial of "drop Dobbs" will be aired on CNN after all. If Dobbs get fired, it is also good to hear that he has no chance of getting into FOX! YES!!!!
Well if that happens our first amendment rights will have been violated then. Just because you don't like someone's opinion doesn't negate the fact that they have the right to express it. As far as so-called lies by Dobbs that is nonsense and you know it.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:19 PM

549 posts, read 1,500,500 times
"Has slandered an entire race of people"

Since when latin/hispanic is a race...?

Old 11-05-2009, 08:32 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo983 View Post
"Has slandered an entire race of people"

Since when latin/hispanic is a race...?
Probably at around the same time that an illegal alien became an "immigrant"...or when 'Anglo' became an ethnicity. Just before my local school district decided that we had Eighteen 'races' enrolled, but only two cultures. During the same time in history when it was decided that Latin Americans were 'Hispanics'...but people from Spain were not. Also about the time that it became apparent that most countries have a culture...but the USA does not, because we're 'all immigrants'.

After all THAT non-sense, (above) why couldn't 'Hispanic' be a race? It's no more inaccurate than any other label.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:33 PM

3,886 posts, read 5,999,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Welcome to the Balkanization of America. It will be our downfall in the future. We won't have a cohesive society or language. We will be a nation of cultural clash and squabbling nationalities.
I totally agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or