Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:41 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Kicking them out, just won't work. You have to kill the demand for them.
True. A worker permit program like they have in Canada would control them because it controls them being able to work. They come here to work and breed . You cant stop them from breeding but you can control their ability to get their illegal hands on us dollers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sign View Post
IF legislation is ever passed allowing the use of lethal force to be used on illegals/drug mules, etc.......first and foremost......along our borders.....THEN you will see a big reduction in both....ILLEGAL immigration...AND drug smuggling.
<Sigh!> Ain't gonna happen... but we can have DREAMs of our own, can't we?

Hey, on the bright side, at least Ted Kennedy's gone!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:50 AM

11,237 posts, read 11,015,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
<Sigh!> Ain't gonna happen... but we can have DREAMs of our own, can't we?

Hey, on the bright side, at least Ted Kennedy's gone!

To put any kind of a dent in the # of illegals crossing illegally, the punishment for the crime has to outweigh the benefits. It is really a simple concept. Problem is, we don't punish them. We f*****g reward them by giving them benefits that our own people don't even qualify for!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,661,015 times
such a fail!! and i will tell you why.

those crossing the NK or IRANI border were caught and given some form of punishment (hard labor, etc).

those caught crossing the US border illegally are also given some form of punishment. they ARE NOT GIVEN SSI OR WELFARE OR WHATEVER.

thats a ridiculous claim.

try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Let me see if I understand all this....

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY...
YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR...

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY,
YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY...

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET A
DRIVER'S LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,
FOOD STAMPS, FREE EDUCATION, AND FREE HEALTH CARE?

Nope..I guess I still don't understand...

A workmate sent this to me. Let me hear everybody who can argue these points. I want to hear your views. The topic is as old as dirt, but as relevant as ever in today's society.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:44 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post

those crossing the NK or IRANI border were caught and given some form of punishment (hard labor, etc).

those caught crossing the US border illegally are also given some form of punishment. they ARE NOT GIVEN SSI OR WELFARE OR WHATEVER.

try again.
Not immediately but if they manage to escape detection with fake documents they do and through the anchors they drop after awhile.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:58 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:

try again.
Illegals caught in this country face, at worst, being returned to their own country. They are routinely provided with medical care by simply showing up at any hospital emergency room. This care may even include birth care for children who are presumed to have full US citizenship even though they were not even conceived in this country, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, or cancer treatment. The cost of that care must either be absorbed by the hospital or is passed along to legitimate patients in the form of higher healthcare costs (e.g., the $10 aspirin). Illegals may freely register their children to be educated at our school at US taxpayer expense without fear of being asked for their status. These children are provided with funds for their care which come from the pockets of real US citizens who have worked hard to make this country what it is. They may also in many states apply for and receive drivers' licenses which then allow them to open bank accounts into which to deposit wages obtained illegally and without paying taxes. Illegals may openly protest on our streets waving the flags of their own country while wiping their feet on our flag. Illegals may freely take funds from the aforementioned bank accounts and openly send the money home without fear of being asked the source of those funds. Illegals have advocacy groups comprised of bleeding hart liberals with both self-guilt issues and a hatred of the US working on their behalf to make sure they receive benefits which even US citizens are not entitled to. Illegals may sue for wages not paid (although not legally earned) and will receive legal assistance to do so.

Illegals may not be thrown into prison simply for being here.

So where's the punishment at? Am I missing something?

I still think both Iran and North Korea have us beat on dealing with the illegal presence problem.

I would prefer that illegals live in sheer terror of the consequences of being discovered as such.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:59 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:

try again.
But, with catch and release, their detainment is a mere inconvenience. They know they will ultimately get the freebies. After all, if first you don’t succeed. . . .

Many have been deported 15-20 times. It’s a game of cat and mouse to them. We need to get serious. If that requires militarizing our borders, so be it.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Illegals caught in this country face, at worst, being returned to their own country. They are routinely provided with medical care by simply showing up at any hospital emergency room. This care may even include birth care for children who are presumed to have full US citizenship even though they were not even conceived in this country, organ transplants, kidney dialysis, or cancer treatment. The cost of that care must either be absorbed by the hospital or is passed along to legitimate patients in the form of higher healthcare costs (e.g., the $10 aspirin). Illegals may freely register their children to be educated at our school at US taxpayer expense without fear of being asked for their status. These children are provided with funds for their care which come from the pockets of real US citizens who have worked hard to make this country what it is. They may also in many states apply for and receive drivers' licenses which then allow them to open bank accounts into which to deposit wages obtained illegally and without paying taxes. Illegals may openly protest on our streets waving the flags of their own country while wiping their feet on our flag. Illegals may freely take funds from the aforementioned bank accounts and openly send the money home without fear of being asked the source of those funds. Illegals have advocacy groups comprised of bleeding hart liberals with both self-guilt issues and a hatred of the US working on their behalf to make sure they receive benefits which even US citizens are not entitled to. Illegals may sue for wages not paid (although not legally earned) and will receive legal assistance to do so.

Illegals may not be thrown into prison simply for being here.

So where's the punishment at? Am I missing something?

I still think both Iran and North Korea have us beat on dealing with the illegal presence problem.

I would prefer that illegals live in sheer terror of the consequences of being discovered as such.

That is precisely what we need. Anything less is a joke.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, with catch and release, their detainment is a mere inconvenience. They know they will ultimately get the freebies. After all, if first you don’t succeed. . . .

Many have been deported 15-20 times. It’s a game of cat and mouse to them. We need to get serious. If that requires militarizing our borders, so be it.

Who gives them these "freebies" you are talking about? How long have they been getting them?

Old 10-28-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Who gives them these "freebies" you are talking about? How long have they been getting them?
C’mon, blacknight, let’s not play games. We both know illegals are fleecing this country big time. Just Google.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration