U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-28-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12813

Advertisements

If the assets of business working illegals was used to fund the additional enforcement, it would fund itself, without taxpayer dollars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:10 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Reputation: 369
<<"My officers can't prevent or solve crimes if victims or witnesses are unwilling to talk to us because of the fear of being deported," Bratton said >>

How does he explain the same situation in black neighborhoods? For the most part, They don't cooperate with police either, and they certainly have no fear of being deported. I contend the victims, and witnesses, are more afraid of retaliation by gangs, and drug dealers, than they are of being deported.

I doubt very much if the people standing around watching the girl being raped at Richmond High School didn't call 911 because they were afraid of being deported. Most of them probably aren't illegal aliens, but just don't want to be involved with, or seen talking to, the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 01:32 AM
 
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana
14,095 posts, read 22,967,124 times
Reputation: 7957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Police chief: LAPD must keep out of migrant fight

Bratton: you are nothing more than a traitor who needs to be investigated.
If he's leaving then he has no grounds to be issuing orders so ignore him and start enforcing the law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 06:57 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<"My officers can't prevent or solve crimes if victims or witnesses are unwilling to talk to us because of the fear of being deported," Bratton said >>

How does he explain the same situation in black neighborhoods? For the most part, They don't cooperate with police either, and they certainly have no fear of being deported. I contend the victims, and witnesses, are more afraid of retaliation by gangs, and drug dealers, than they are of being deported.

I doubt very much if the people standing around watching the girl being raped at Richmond High School didn't call 911 because they were afraid of being deported. Most of them probably aren't illegal aliens, but just don't want to be involved with, or seen talking to, the police.
Spot-on! Refusing to enforce our immigration laws will not encourage witnesses to contact police. It’s just another ploy to facilitate the illegal cheap labor industry. Apparently they think we are stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 08:31 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,066 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12813
"My officers can't prevent or solve crimes if victims or witnesses are unwilling to talk to us because of the fear of being deported,"


Crimes were lower when they were in hiding. Everything is cool now, and no fears, so their little communities in the Sanctuary Cities, look and act like Juarez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 12:26 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
read it. its very clear. the police dont act as border agents. they do not initiate contact with the purpose of obtaining the suspects citizenship, if it later comes out, well so be it. thats all it says. they can not act as border agents. that does not mean that this wont be found out down the line...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Does this policy supersede the sanctuary city Special Order 40?



LAPD Special Order 40 | Judicial Watch (http://www.judicialwatch.org/LAPD-special-order-40 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
there are multiple reasons as to why victims or witnesses dont come forward. retaliation being one of them.

this policy makes sense. it goes at ONE of the factors affecting community involvment in crime solving. there are other tactics and policies used to combat the phenomena of "no snitchin", bystander complex (indifference), or fear of retaliation.

of all the factors that work against effective policing of our streets, this policy seeks to solve one of those. it does in fact make it easier to report crime. the same way wintess protection programs provide some form of safeguard to those willing to testify against perps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
<<"My officers can't prevent or solve crimes if victims or witnesses are unwilling to talk to us because of the fear of being deported," Bratton said >>

How does he explain the same situation in black neighborhoods? For the most part, They don't cooperate with police either, and they certainly have no fear of being deported. I contend the victims, and witnesses, are more afraid of retaliation by gangs, and drug dealers, than they are of being deported.

I doubt very much if the people standing around watching the girl being raped at Richmond High School didn't call 911 because they were afraid of being deported. Most of them probably aren't illegal aliens, but just don't want to be involved with, or seen talking to, the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
read it. its very clear. the police dont act as border agents. they do not initiate contact with the purpose of obtaining the suspects citizenship, if it later comes out, well so be it. thats all it says. they can not act as border agents. that does not mean that this wont be found out down the line...
They don’t need to act as border agents -- they simply need to enforce ALL laws. When they ignore illegal aliens, they in fact ignore our laws. An illegal shouldn’t have to walk around carrying an AK-47 to warrant apprehension and deportation. This is beyond ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 02:43 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
there are multiple reasons as to why victims or witnesses dont come forward. retaliation being one of them.

this policy makes sense. it goes at ONE of the factors affecting community involvment in crime solving. there are other tactics and policies used to combat the phenomena of "no snitchin", bystander complex (indifference), or fear of retaliation.

of all the factors that work against effective policing of our streets, this policy seeks to solve one of those. it does in fact make it easier to report crime. the same way wintess protection programs provide some form of safeguard to those willing to testify against perps...
I don’t believe anyone would choose death over deportation. In Virginia, MS-13 viciously murdered a pregnant girl who was a member of their gang, because they discovered she had spoken with police. She wasn’t concerned about deportation, and where is she now? We simply need to enforce our laws, and send them all back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-29-2009, 03:29 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They don’t need to act as border agents -- they simply need to enforce ALL laws. When they ignore illegal aliens, they in fact ignore our laws. An illegal shouldn’t have to walk around carrying an AK-47 to warrant apprehension and deportation. This is beyond ridiculous.
Absolutely! Example, I go fishing at a local pier and the only ones getting their licensed check are the people that speak English properly displaying their licenses. It's a complete double standard with two sets of laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top