U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 03:20 AM

2,671 posts, read 5,419,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster View Post
i'm sure the man has made many enemies. Hell ... It might have just been his bookie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbow View Post
it was the fox news gang, doing a drive by!

roflmao!! Too funny!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 AM

26,503 posts, read 24,267,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are pro-illegals so desperate that they must intimidate or kill opponents? Do they actually believe if they harm or kill Dobbs it will end the debate?
Probably just Keith Olbermann. I hear he's got a lousy aim, though. Dobbs has nothing to worry about.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:18 AM

807 posts, read 1,118,290 times
I wonder if when the Perps are arrested that they will be arrested for a HATE Crime, as if it was the case of Pro-Illegals (which likely it was) then it is obvious that hate was their motivation..

Old 10-29-2009, 07:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,834,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Or maybe he masterminded everything himself to gain more sympathy for his cause. Have you guys forgotten about shawna forde so quickly?
So now you’re comparing the nutjob and accused murderer, Shawna Forde, to Lou Dobbs? Please. Aren’t you guilty of the same generalization you incessantly accuse others of whenever the IA criminal element is mentioned? I may not agree with him on every issue, but to compare him to her is beyond insane.

Dobbs isn’t that stupid. He has enough sense to know if he is implicated in this, he can kiss his reputation and career goodbye. Furthermore, he doesn’t have to do anything to garner support.

Millions of desperate illegal aliens are living in this country. They will do ANYTHING to remain here and continue to reap the benefits. What reaction would you expect when so-called “immigrant” advocacy groups promulgate venomous anti-Dobbs diatribe?

Dobbs has been forced to hire bodyguards. This is way out of control, and it is only the beginning. If they succeed in “silencing” him and an illegal or supporter is responsible, what excuse will you offer?

Quote:
Lou Dobbs uses his platform on CNN to spread myths and misinformation about Latinos and immigrants, even as his network is wooing Latino viewers. It’s time we said enough (that’s “basta” in Spanish). Join us in calling on CNN to get rid of Dobbs!
Basta Dobbs : Home

Quote:
"Lou Dobbs is almost single-handedly responsible for creating, for being the architect of the young Latino as scapegoat for everything that ails this country," Rivera added.

At an event in New York sponsored by the Spanish-language daily, El Diario La Prensa, Rivera described Dobbs as a "hate monger". . .
Geraldo Rivera bashes Lou Dobbs - ChicanÃ*sima

Quote:
This Tuesday, my organization, the National Council of La Raza (NCLR), joined with several national advocacy organizations to launch the Drop Dobbs campaign, an appeal to advertisers to withhold their advertising support for CNN's Lou Dobbs Tonight program. We came to this decision in the wake of Dobbs' participation at an anti-immigrant rally in Washington, DC sponsored by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), an organization designated by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as a hate group.
Join NCLR and the Drop Dobbs Campaign: A Message from NCLR President and CEO Janet MurguÃ*a | We Can Stop The Hate (http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/site/latest/join_nclr_and_the_drop_dobbs_campaign_a_message_fr om_nclr_president_and_ceo - broken link)

Quote:
A coalition of San Antonio social justice groups Wednesday signed on to a national campaign to pressure CNN to drop Lou Dobbs, the controversial anchor of the nightly cable show “Lou Dobbs Tonight.”

While stopping short of calling for an advertiser boycott, the national campaign seeks talks with CNN about what they see as Dobbs' anti-immigrant, anti-Latino rhetoric.
S.A. groups join ‘Basta Dobbs' campaign

Quote:
It is time that we put a stop to Lou Dobbs and his lies. He falsified the name of LULAC during his radio show from the FAIR rally calling LULAC a “left wing socio-ethnocentric group,” said LULAC National President Rosa Rosales. “Over the years, Lou Dobbs has consistently used his CNN platform to spread hate and fear. We are asking his sponsors to stop advertising on his show.”

LULAC joined the Drop Dobbs coalition. Other partners include Media Matters for America, National Council of La Raza, Center for Community Change, Center for New Community, Dolores Huerta Foundation, The Hispanic Institute, National Hispanic Media Coalition, National Puerto Rican Coalition, NDN, Southern Poverty Law Center, Reform Immigration for America, Voto Latino, Netroots Nation, LCLAA and America's Voice. The coalition is calling on corporations to drop their advertising on CNN’s Lou Dobbs Tonight until CNN disassociates themselves from Lou Dobbs.
LULAC Joins Drop Dobbs Campaign Targeting Lou Dobbs Advertisers | LULAC-League of United Latin American Citizens (http://www.lulac.org/advocacy/press/2009/dobbs.html - broken link)

Quote:
A Miami-based Hispanic group is mounting a national campaign against conservative CNN talk-show host Lou Dobbs, urging the network to restrain what they call ``his disparaging and inaccurate'' remarks about Hispanic immigrants.
Miami activist mounts campaign against CNN's Lou Dobbs - TV & Radio - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/tv/story/1243674.html - broken link)

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Suffice to say: if Dobbs is murdered and the killer is linked to pro illegal alien apologists-------------there will be hell to pay.

Such a killing could quite possibly endanger innocent 'brown' people anywhere (irrespectve of actual race/ethnicity). As it is; hostility is growing against Hispanics as a group.

Needless to say: I hope to God that cooler heads prevail.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:55 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,166,436 times
Of course we have no proof that illegals or their supporters were involved but in view of the hate out there against him by these two groups it doesn't suprise me one bit.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:36 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,798,689 times
Quote:
So now you’re comparing the nutjob and accused murderer, Shawna Forde, to Lou Dobbs? Please. Aren’t you guilty of the same generalization you incessantly accuse others of whenever the IA criminal element is mentioned? I may not agree with him on every issue, but to compare him to her is beyond insane.

Dobbs isn’t that stupid. He has enough sense to know if he is implicated in this, he can kiss his reputation and career goodbye. Furthermore, he doesn’t have to do anything to garner support.

Millions of desperate illegal aliens are living in this country. They will do ANYTHING to remain here and continue to reap the benefits. What reaction would you expect when so-called “immigrant” advocacy groups promulgate venomous anti-Dobbs diatribe?

Dobbs has been forced to hire bodyguards. This is way out of control, and it is only the beginning. If they succeed in “silencing” him and an illegal or supporter is responsible, what excuse will you offer?

Basta Dobbs : Home

Geraldo Rivera bashes Lou Dobbs - ChicanÃ*sima

Join NCLR and the Drop Dobbs Campaign: A Message from NCLR President and CEO Janet MurguÃ*a | We Can Stop The Hate (http://www.wecanstopthehate.org/site/latest/join_nclr_and_the_drop_dobbs_campaign_a_message_fr om_nclr_president_and_ceo - broken link)

S.A. groups join ‘Basta Dobbs' campaign

LULAC Joins Drop Dobbs Campaign Targeting Lou Dobbs Advertisers | LULAC-League of United Latin American Citizens (http://www.lulac.org/advocacy/press/2009/dobbs.html - broken link)

Miami activist mounts campaign against CNN's Lou Dobbs - TV & Radio - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainment/tv/story/1243674.html - broken link)
I still stand by what i said, if you can jump to conclusions as to whoever did what he claimed, then i can jump to some conclusions too right?

Btw, Dobbs is a nutjob too. LOL

Old 10-29-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I still stand by what i said, if you can jump to conclusions as to whoever did what he claimed, then i can jump to some conclusions too right?

Btw, Dobbs is a nutjob too. LOL
That is certainly your prerogative. So, every anti-illegal is a murderer like Shawna Forde. Got it.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,798,689 times
Quote:
That is certainly your prerogative. So, every anti-illegal is a murderer like Shawna Forde. Got it.
No, but it won't surprise me if dobbs is making this story up just like shawna made her story up.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
No, but it won't surprise me if dobbs is making this story up just like shawna made her story up.
He has absolutely nothing to gain, but much to lose, if this is a hoax. Again, I don’t agree with him on every issue, but he is not an idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration