U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2009, 03:43 PM
 
9,972 posts, read 14,017,847 times
Reputation: 9193

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As both of you stated.

I swear; the battle against illegal immigration is reminding me more and more of the Civil Rights Movement of another era.

Geraldo Rivera=Bull Connor
Lou Dobbs=Martin Luther King, Jr.

Connect the dots.
I'm all for enforcing the immigration laws of this county--go ahead build a bigger fence, whatever makes you folks happy...

But wow--you're really getting self-righteous. Martin Luther King!: Good one..

Because Martin Luther King's "I have a dream speech" is obviously the same basic idea as persisting in trying to prove that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii and blaming everything on illegal Mexican immigrants..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2009, 06:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I'm all for enforcing the immigration laws of this county--go ahead build a bigger fence, whatever makes you folks happy...

But wow--you're really getting self-righteous. Martin Luther King!: Good one..

Because Martin Luther King's "I have a dream speech" is obviously the same basic idea as persisting in trying to prove that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii and blaming everything on illegal Mexican immigrants..
And your point being?

Illegal aliens came here on their own free will-------------the only thing they 'deserve' is immediate deportation coupled with seizure of their assets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 02:57 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And your point being?

Illegal aliens came here on their own free will-------------the only thing they 'deserve' is immediate deportation coupled with seizure of their assets.
The point Deezus was trying to make is that it is a bad comparison with Dr. Martin Luther King and I agree.

There is a big difference when MLK wanted equality for all and justice irregardless of skin color and Dobbs blaming Mexican illegal immigrants for everything wrong with the US and going after President Obama for something as silly as a birth certificate when the Supreme Court had already addressed the issue. Dobbs prejudice is "skin". The exact same thing that Dr. Martin Luther King preached we should not judge. Dobbs is just the opposite of MLK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 03:14 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,409,314 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
No, but it won't surprise me if dobbs is making this story up just like shawna made her story up.
LOL...Why on earth would someone think they are being attacked with shot guns when they live in hunting areas? Unless...he is making up excuses, like you said, to make others look like the bad guys.

Total failure...the police think it was gun shots from hunters...
Quote:
Sgt. Stephen Jones said, "At this time of year, hunter complaints go up."
Empty 'threats'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 06:47 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,085 posts, read 30,599,526 times
Reputation: 12815
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
LOL...Why on earth would someone think they are being attacked with shot guns when they live in hunting areas? Unless...he is making up excuses, like you said, to make others look like the bad guys.

Total failure...the police think it was gun shots from hunters...


Empty 'threats'
Has gun season opened? I thought it was only archery season, right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 06:55 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The point Deezus was trying to make is that it is a bad comparison with Dr. Martin Luther King and I agree.

There is a big difference when MLK wanted equality for all and justice irregardless of skin color and Dobbs blaming Mexican illegal immigrants for everything wrong with the US and going after President Obama for something as silly as a birth certificate when the Supreme Court had already addressed the issue. Dobbs prejudice is "skin". The exact same thing that Dr. Martin Luther King preached we should not judge. Dobbs is just the opposite of MLK.
And how does the 'race card' apply here? The key word that Dobbs used was illegal-----------which has no specific skin color. You know damn well that the majority of illegal aliens (53%) are Mexican nationals.

Somehow I doubt that MLK was concerned about the putative 'rights' of illegals as it is-------------Cesar Chavez of UFW fame certainly had no use for 'em. Both men wanted to protect disadvantaged Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 07:30 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
He has absolutely nothing to gain, but much to lose, if this is a hoax. Again, I don’t agree with him on every issue, but he is not an idiot.
Apparently he is for trying to tie those gun shots to "pro-illegal" activists.
Quote:
"My house has been shot and hit . . . and you know what, I'm not in the mood to put up with little fools like Geraldo Rivera," Dobbs said. Rivera has criticized Dobbs on Fox News. But NJ State Police say Dobbs never reported death threats. Sgt. Stephen Jones said, "At this time of year, hunter complaints go up."
Lou Dobbs' gunshot 'threats'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 07:34 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Apparently he is for trying to tie those gun shots to "pro-illegal" activists.
Lou Dobbs' gunshot 'threats'
Read the bleeding heart blogs, and the Hispanic forums. Then, tell us Dobbs is not being demonized and threatened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 07:49 AM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Read the bleeding heart blogs, and the Hispanic forums. Then, tell us Dobbs is not being demonized and threatened.
Like anti-illegals don't demonize and threaten people like Geraldo and other so called "pro-illegal" activist leaders on forums and blogs? I also don't see you complaining when Dobbs demonizes Mexicans etc on his t.v and radio show every single day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2009, 07:55 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
The point Deezus was trying to make is that it is a bad comparison with Dr. Martin Luther King and I agree.

There is a big difference when MLK wanted equality for all and justice irregardless of skin color and Dobbs blaming Mexican illegal immigrants for everything wrong with the US and going after President Obama for something as silly as a birth certificate when the Supreme Court had already addressed the issue. Dobbs prejudice is "skin". The exact same thing that Dr. Martin Luther King preached we should not judge. Dobbs is just the opposite of MLK.
Those are lies pushed by you pro-illegals about Dobbs. Dobbs does not blame Mexican illegals (or any other illegals) for "everything" wrong with the U.S. Sure they contribute to our problems but your side likes to exaggerate by saying "everything". He did not go after Obama about his birth certificate. He just presented both sides of this story and in fact said that he believes Obama was born here. More lies by your side!

When did Dobbs ever mention skin color or imply his views have anything to do with skin color? His wife is Latina for God's sake! Your side needs to stop the lies and exaggerations and quite demonizing anyone opposed to illegal immigration. It is disgusting the way you are dividing our country by your racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top