U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-31-2009, 02:41 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,444,911 times
Reputation: 1619

Advertisements

Our immigration laws were made for a reason. Those reasons are still valid. I bet most of the pro illegal people DONT EVEN KNOW THE REASONS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-31-2009, 02:59 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Regardless of the reason WHY they are here, the fact is they are here illegally. I have two words for this behavior: NOT WELCOME!
True. ALL criminals of all kinds have good excuses for breaking laws. Ask an embezzler why they stole money -- they did so because they wanted to improve their standard of living in some way. A shoplifter has very good reasons too - they wanted something but didn't have the money or didn't want to spend their money on the item. Bank robbers just needed some money, otherwise they didn't mean any harm.

Tax evaders, burglars, car thieves -- everyone -- has a very very good reason for doing what they did. Even speeders -- they always have a good excuse, they were late for work, had to be somewhere by a certain time.

Laws are not meant to convenience everyone all the time - they are to provide order to a society.

Illegals don't care that other people are already in line to immigrate, they are self-centered and don't care about the need for an orderly process. They're in it all for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
These people wouldn't be so desparate if they'd stop grinding out kids like it was some kind of challenge to see who can have the most at the youngest age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 03:26 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Our immigration laws were made for a reason. Those reasons are still valid. I bet most of the pro illegal people DONT EVEN KNOW THE REASONS
Every country needs to have immigration laws. The problem is that those immigration laws where not enforced and that is the reason we face a massive immigration problem and a broken system.

The issue that is addressed on this thread is that most illegal immigrants come here for work opportunities and not for the social services. If we were to take social services today from the children of illegal immigrants, the majority would still be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 03:29 AM
 
2,381 posts, read 4,410,081 times
Reputation: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Regardless of the reason illegal aliens come to this country.....It cannot be justified, rationalized, or forgiven.

When we allow one law to be broken, for whatever reason, we open the door for someone to use the same rationality to justify the breaking of another law.

Like it or not, The United States of America is a nation of laws.......NOT a democracy......

So, if you don't like the law,then change it. Don't break the law and then flaunt it by waving the flag of your country in my face......don't demand that I submit to Your demands, and meet any requirements you percieve as necessary for your betterment in the life you pursue. You might start by initiatiating Your pursuit with a little honesty and abiding by the laws of THIS country.....

You left your country for a reason.....I can only surmise that your reasons are valid....BUT.......if you do not have the courage to change your own miserable homeland, if you are to much of a coward to save your own country,your own family, then don't expect any sympathy from me.....Too many good people have died to make this country what it is today....While the USA has her warts and blemishes.....She is far and away ahead of the hell-hole you came from.....
Don't try to change Her in any way because your country failed you (or did you fail your country and family? )

TIC. TIC, TIC.
Borderlord
Okay, I hear you BL. However, the laws were broken on both sides. We cannot blame the immigrant and not look at our immigration system, the lack of enforcing the laws, blame of the employers, etc. It would be hypocrite of us to be mad at only the immigrant. They have remained in the country for 20+ years because we let them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 05:11 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Okay, I hear you BL. However, the laws were broken on both sides. We cannot blame the immigrant and not look at our immigration system, the lack of enforcing the laws, blame of the employers, etc. It would be hypocrite of us to be mad at only the immigrant. They have remained in the country for 20+ years because we let them.
Illegal Immigrants are just as much at fault as anything else. When someone decides to have children (yes that do have an option) at a very young age and then find it difficult to take care of them? Why YES, it is their fault.


And WE haven't let them. The population as a whole wants them gone. The bending and twisting of our laws by people who are Pro-Illegal are what is keeping the Aliens here, not WE. If WE could have gotten rid of them we would have. They sure as heck wouldn't be prancing around the lots of Home Depot thumbing their noses at our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Our immigration laws were made for a reason. Those reasons are still valid. I bet most of the pro illegal people DONT EVEN KNOW THE REASONS
Nor do they care as their ethnocenticism or far left idealogy trumps everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True. ALL criminals of all kinds have good excuses for breaking laws. Ask an embezzler why they stole money -- they did so because they wanted to improve their standard of living in some way. A shoplifter has very good reasons too - they wanted something but didn't have the money or didn't want to spend their money on the item. Bank robbers just needed some money, otherwise they didn't mean any harm.

Tax evaders, burglars, car thieves -- everyone -- has a very very good reason for doing what they did. Even speeders -- they always have a good excuse, they were late for work, had to be somewhere by a certain time.

Laws are not meant to convenience everyone all the time - they are to provide order to a society.

Illegals don't care that other people are already in line to immigrate, they are self-centered and don't care about the need for an orderly process. They're in it all for themselves.
You are correct on all counts. Not only are the illegals self-centered but their ethnocentric aiders and abettors are also. "All for the race, nothing for anyone else".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Every country needs to have immigration laws. The problem is that those immigration laws where not enforced and that is the reason we face a massive immigration problem and a broken system.

The issue that is addressed on this thread is that most illegal immigrants come here for work opportunities and not for the social services. If we were to take social services today from the children of illegal immigrants, the majority would still be here.
Would they still be here or continue to come here if we implemented e-verify across the board along with denying those social services since you claim they are all here to work? I don't think so! Sure some of them might still hide under the radar but the vast majority would leave and it would deter continued illegal entry immensely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Okay, I hear you BL. However, the laws were broken on both sides. We cannot blame the immigrant and not look at our immigration system, the lack of enforcing the laws, blame of the employers, etc. It would be hypocrite of us to be mad at only the immigrant. They have remained in the country for 20+ years because we let them.
The thing is that us anti-illegals do blame the employers, our government and the illegals themselves but the pro-illegal side only blames the first two but not the illegals. They knew they were breaking our immigration laws when they crossed our border and therefore just as guilty. It isn't "we" the law abiding Americans who allowed them to remain here and "we" the people are the vast majority in this country. We have been fighting this mess for years now and it appears we are going to have to accelerate our actions in order to take back our country from the three guilty parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top