U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Pasadena
7,413 posts, read 7,837,983 times
Reputation: 1802

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Quit trying to muddy the differences between legal immigrants and illegal aliens, OK? Such blurring of the facts make pro illegals like yourself a laughingstock at best. As it is; hostility is growing against the latter and why are you trying to ruin the good name of the former?
I have no ideal what you are saying?

I think the border should be better paroled but I also understand that the agriculture business in the largest agriculture state need laborers from Mexico. Somehow this problem will be solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM
 
335 posts, read 281,201 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
How do you know? I think so many posters try to make immigrants out to be "bad people" when the truth is that they are honest, family-oriented & hard-working.
When you say "immigrants", are you referring to legal immigrants or illegal aliens? Because one thing that illegal aliens are not is honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-29-2009, 11:27 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,462,455 times
Reputation: 47456
per OP
here, main reason, medical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 991,756 times
Reputation: 369
<<I have no ideal what you are saying?>>

The poster is saying that to refer to illegal aliens as immigrants is trying to blur the line between the two, and make it seem like there's no difference between them. It's unfair to legal immigrants to lump them all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
 
33 posts, read 58,593 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
How do you know? I think so many posters try to make immigrants out to be "bad people" when the truth is that they are honest, family-oriented & hard-working.
Yeah probably because the people who come to this country refuse to learn English which is what we speak here and to cater to them people have been pushing the whole bilingual thing. Which is wrong. People came from all over the Earth to America and all learned English. Official or not, it is our national language.

Also, you know what sucks, when you absolutely know Mexican immigrants consider you to be their little b**** who can't say anything because you are a white man in America (the land that obviously hates that time). When I go to a mall and some Mexican woman rams her stroller with her baby into me pushing me out of the way or walks right into me.

Or the guys that stare me down for just.. being there. No, there is a lot of racism in this country and it belongs mostly to the Mexican invaders, we like to start crap over black/white relations but it isn't half of the problem that we have with the cultural war and yes ethnic war we are having as American citizens and Mexican immigrants taking over while playing innocent.

If you don't like me, well deal with it because I won't silence anymore and let you jerks destroy my country which my forefathers built and fought for because of some tree hugging libs who refuse to support protecting our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
Yeah probably because the people who come to this country refuse to learn English which is what we speak here and to cater to them people have been pushing the whole bilingual thing. Which is wrong. People came from all over the Earth to America and all learned English. Official or not, it is our national language.

Also, you know what sucks, when you absolutely know Mexican immigrants consider you to be their little b**** who can't say anything because you are a white man in America (the land that obviously hates that time). When I go to a mall and some Mexican woman rams her stroller with her baby into me pushing me out of the way or walks right into me.

Or the guys that stare me down for just.. being there. No, there is a lot of racism in this country and it belongs mostly to the Mexican invaders, we like to start crap over black/white relations but it isn't half of the problem that we have with the cultural war and yes ethnic war we are having as American citizens and Mexican immigrants taking over while playing innocent.

If you don't like me, well deal with it because I won't silence anymore and let you jerks destroy my country which my forefathers built and fought for because of some tree hugging libs who refuse to support protecting our borders.
As it is: prejudice is growing against at least Spanish speaking Mestizos for the reasons you stated----------from both Black and Anglo White Americans along with quite a few Americans of Mexican, etc. heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
 
335 posts, read 281,201 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I think the border should be better paroled but I also understand that the agriculture business in the largest agriculture state need laborers from Mexico. Somehow this problem will be solved.
Even if it can be determined that we need laborers from Mexico to fill agricultural jobs here, these Mexicans don't have to be, and shouldn't be, illegal aliens. If we need additional foreign workers to supplement our agricultural workforce, our government could increase the number of visas that it issues, or our government could start up a guest worker program that foreigners would apply for from within their home countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 PM
 
33 posts, read 58,593 times
Reputation: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As it is: prejudice is growing against at least Spanish speaking Mestizos for the reasons you stated----------from both Black and Anglo White Americans along with quite a few Americans of Mexican, etc. heritage.

Something just has to be done, I don't have a prob with people who have been here for generations but the days of mass immigration are over. We are a populated country and now it is a battle of who will remain in control of it.

I don't feel bad for being prejudice of that culture that is overwhelming us and taking advantage of our hospitality. I don't feel bad about that at all. The problem is, people rarely see the difference between hating someone for their genetics and hating a culture, I don't even hate the people, I hate their actions. I am an American, not a Mexican, I don't want Mexico to annex America. That isn't racism, that is patriotism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:11 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
Something just has to be done, I don't have a prob with people who have been here for generations but the days of mass immigration are over. We are a populated country and now it is a battle of who will remain in control of it.
The pendulum is swinging against illegal immigration as we speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endprohibitions View Post
I don't feel bad for being prejudice of that culture that is overwhelming us and taking advantage of our hospitality. I don't feel bad about that at all. The problem is, people rarely see the difference between hating someone for their genetics and hating a culture, I don't even hate the people, I hate their actions. I am an American, not a Mexican, I don't want Mexico to annex America. That isn't racism, that is patriotism.
Actually; the country that had better worry about subjugation is Mexico, not the USA----------especially with the growing drug wars in the former country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,215,682 times
Reputation: 4611
The OP is completely missing the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top