Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Father Bascio on the immorality of illegal immigration

Once a belief of give to all, this Catholic priest researched illegal immigration finding it's negative impact on society. He deems it to not only be devastating for America but immoral with much blame to Christians who are misinformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Remember too that the Catholic Church is in deep doodoo with the pedophile priest scandals, etc. and may be starting to realize that if said organization enrages American Catholics much more, they will blow off the Vatican en masse. Remember too since the pageantry of the Episcopalian Chuch is so similar to Catholicism; quite a few 'secular' Catholics would feel right at home.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:33 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Father Bascio is upset because Harlem isnt "Black" anymore.

..." if a young black man cant fine a job in Harlem, what chance does he have?"(paraphrase)

I wonder if Father Bascio would have been upset when Harlem wasnt "Jewish" or "Italian" anymore...?

I wonder if Father Bascio would have minded if Harlen wasnt "Anglo" anymore?

I would like my son or daughter to aspire higher than to work in a Harlem Liquor store.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:44 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

..." if a young black man cant fine a job in Harlem, what chance does he have?"(paraphrase)

I wonder if Father Bascio would have been upset when Harlem wasnt "Jewish" or "Italian" anymore...?

I would like my son or daughter to aspire higher than to work in a Harlem Liquor store.
This is about a demographic takeover by an illegal invasion which is displacing poor and less educated Americans in the workplace. To not care about their plight is pure calousness.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,834,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
This is about a demographic takeover by an illegal invasion which is displacing poor and less educated Americans in the workplace. To not care about their plight is pure calousness.
I should feel sorry of an American born Adult not being able to do more than work in a liquor store...Not to avail himself of all the free education and training there for his use.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,535,937 times
Quote:
I should feel sorry of an American born Adult not being able to do more than work in a liquor store...Not to avail himself of all the free education and training there for his use.
You once again miss the point and try to twist the story. Chicagonut has it right. They are trying this in any neighborhood they can, fortunately many neighborhoods are starting to kick them out!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:39 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times
One of several book reviews from Amazon.com

This new book, which counsels that illegal immigration is immoral, is by a devout member of a Catholic religious order in Covington, Ky., who takes great care to keep his tone moderate and his facts clear and accurate. He shows powerful chutzpah in confronting his church. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops and numerous American cardinals seem ever anxious to open all borders and bring in any number of aliens, legal or illegal.
Moderator cut: shortened, copyright protection

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: On The Immorality of Illegal Immigration: A Priest Poses an Alternative Christian View

Last edited by Yac; 03-23-2010 at 03:25 AM..

Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:

It isn’t an issue of race. Illegals have displaced the legal workers in Harlem -- be they black, green, or purple. Why do you condone this? Also, why do you dislike black citizens?

It doesn’t matter if it’s a job digging ditches. That is the livelihood for many citizens, and they should not be replaced for cheap illegal labor. Why should an illegal be entitled to a low-wage job, yet a citizen shouldn’t? We keep hearing about the jobs Americans won’t do. Well, these are jobs Americans will do, but they are being given to illegal aliens.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
In other words, to hell with uneducated/unskilled citizens. They should step aside and make room for illegal aliens.

BTW, vocational training and a college education are rarely free.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:03 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Yes, you should. American jobs should go to Americans. Many of these low skilled jobs went to our American youth but they can't get them anymore because the greedy employers hired cheap illegal labor instead. We are not all cut out to be white collar workers and professionals. Many Americans cannot afford a trade school or college. So what is this "free" you are talking about? Many Americans like blue collar work and as I said they are the backbone of this country. Never should an American have to compete with an illegal for job no matter what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration