U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,186 times
Reputation: 326

Advertisements

The real danger with this has to do with affirmative action policies and the risk it puts it's citizens at. Recent data on medical school entrance test scores show that certain groups test significantly lower than their counter parts on the MCAT exams when being admitted into medical school. Here is an article about the subject: Racial Preferences and Medical School It is shocking. See this spread sheet and draw your own conclusions: med school admissions Asians are the most discriminated against people in America when it comes to getting into medical school. Whites are a close second. Here is a direct link to the Medical School Boards with more data to digest: FACTS: Applicants, Matriculants, Graduates, and Residency Applicants - AAMC Do you really want a doctor who is providing care for you and your family that scored significantly lower on their medical school entrance exams, but yet managed to get in due to special policies advocated by the government? It can probably be demonstrated that low IQ and low academic test scores go hand-in-hand. I doubt few would challenge this with much success. What does all this have to do with illegal aliens and immigration? If the article is correct that Hispanic children do have a lower IQ's than their white and Asian counterparts, and if the illegal alien population from Mexico is given amnesty, they'll also be entitled to affirmative action when applying to medical school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The real danger with this has to do with affirmative action policies and the risk it puts it's citizens at. Recent data on medical school entrance test scores show that certain groups test significantly lower than their counter parts on the MCAT exams when being admitted into medical school. Here is an article about the subject: Racial Preferences and Medical School It is shocking. See this spread sheet and draw your own conclusions: med school admissions Asians are the most discriminated against people in America when it comes to getting into medical school. Whites are a close second. Here is a direct link to the Medical School Boards with more data to digest: FACTS: Applicants, Matriculants, Graduates, and Residency Applicants - AAMC Do you really want a doctor who is providing care for you and your family that scored significantly lower on their medical school entrance exams, but yet managed to get in due to special policies advocated by the government? It can probably be demonstrated that low IQ and low academic test scores go hand-in-hand. I doubt few would challenge this with much success. What does all this have to do with illegal aliens and immigration? If the article is correct that Hispanic children do have a lower IQ's than their white and Asian counterparts, and if the illegal alien population from Mexico is given amnesty, they'll also be entitled to affirmative action when applying to medical school.
That would be a disturbing trend if it were applied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-05-2009, 10:44 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thatís a million dollar question. However, I tend to believe they want to preserve their oligarchy and their underclass Ė similar to the former slave owners who didnít want their slaves to be educated. Keep them ignorant and subservient.
There is some of that, when there is a two-class system to start, it's difficult to change attitudes however Mexico itself isn't really all that terrible of a country. Mexico has public education - people are encouraged to send their kids to school and for primary school, attendance is mandatory but of course not enforced. Many of Mexico's universities are tuition-free. Mexico's government does put out all sorts of propaganda messages -- news, radio, television but far too many of the impoverished choose to ignore what they don't care to hear.

In Mexico, if someone finishes school, delays the start of a family until after a job and some job skills are obtained, limits family size to what can be supported, that person has a very good chance of joining Mexico's middle class. Personal responsibility of course doesn't sound as great as USA streets lined with gold, a government that will care for you cradle to grave, easier work and much higher pay if you decide instead or also to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2009, 10:34 PM
 
492 posts, read 994,406 times
Reputation: 361
These Asian countries are two to four times as poor as the mostly mestizo countries below.
Per capita income in Vietnam is $2,800 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in China is $6,000 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Philipines is $3,300 (2008 est.)

Per capita income in Mexico is $14,200 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Venezuela is $13,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Chile is $14,900 (2008 est.)

These "white" countries are poor compared to the mostly mestizo countries.
Per capita income in Macedonia is $9,100 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Bosnia is $6,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Aserbaijan is $8,600 (2007 est.)

From this info one can conclude that mestizos are superior to the other races.
source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Reputation: 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
These Asian countries are two to four times as poor as the mostly mestizo countries below.
Per capita income in Vietnam is $2,800 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in China is $6,000 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Philipines is $3,300 (2008 est.)

Per capita income in Mexico is $14,200 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Venezuela is $13,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Chile is $14,900 (2008 est.)

These "white" countries are poor compared to the mostly mestizo countries.
Per capita income in Macedonia is $9,100 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Bosnia is $6,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Aserbaijan is $8,600 (2007 est.)

From this info one can conclude that mestizos are superior to the other races.
source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
Per capita income figured this way is a poor indicator. You could also assume from that chart that the average family of three in the United States makes over 120,000 a year. Obviously, this is not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-12-2009, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,222,911 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjester View Post
These Asian countries are two to four times as poor as the mostly mestizo countries below.
Per capita income in Vietnam is $2,800 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in China is $6,000 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Philipines is $3,300 (2008 est.)

Per capita income in Mexico is $14,200 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Venezuela is $13,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Chile is $14,900 (2008 est.)

These "white" countries are poor compared to the mostly mestizo countries.
Per capita income in Macedonia is $9,100 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Bosnia is $6,500 (2008 est.)
Per capita income in Aserbaijan is $8,600 (2007 est.)

From this info one can conclude that mestizos are superior to the other races.
source: https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...orld-factbook/
There could be one person who makes $1,000,000 and one person who doesn't make anything. Half of the population is in poverty but per capita is $500,000!

And you sound like a white supremacist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Reputation: 47449
i respectfully disagree. the invasion of cheap foreign labor while american labor does nothing but whine to an anti labor government is evidence of lowering IQ. do you really think ICE is enforcing immigration law, have you seen a green & white BP in front of a home depot, ever???
they look look look but cant find em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 12:23 AM
 
2,243 posts, read 3,447,940 times
Reputation: 2118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i respectfully disagree. the invasion of cheap foreign labor while american labor does nothing but whine to an anti labor government is evidence of lowering IQ.
Actually, I'd say it's more a sign of people living in fear of their government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
 
492 posts, read 994,406 times
Reputation: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Per capita income figured this way is a poor indicator. You could also assume from that chart that the average family of three in the United States makes over 120,000 a year. Obviously, this is not the case.

Nope, according to the CIA world Factbook the per capita income for the United States is $46,900 (2008 est.) It seems pretty reasonable figure. For your information the per capita income figure (data) is used by economists worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:53 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i respectfully disagree. the invasion of cheap foreign labor while american labor does nothing but whine to an anti labor government is evidence of lowering IQ. do you really think ICE is enforcing immigration law, have you seen a green & white BP in front of a home depot, ever???
they look look look but cant find em.
In all actuality if we could stop the invasion there really wouldn't be a need for Unions. At least in the Public sector. I can see their use in the Private sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top