U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-01-2009, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,243,729 times
Reputation: 3029

Advertisements

If that’s the criteria for introducing the bill, it will NEVER be introduced. As long as amnesty is the goal, this bill is DOA. Of course this is by design. They feign support for CIR, realizing the citizens of this country will fight it tooth and nail. That gives them an excuse for its failure. . . . but, at least they will have tried. . . wink, wink.

Quote:
The Obama administration will push for immigration reform in Congress once Democrats are certain they have enough votes to pass it, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said Tuesday in Washington.

According to the Spanish-language newspaper La Opinión, Salazar attended an event organized by the National Association of Hispanic Publications, where he said the reform bill “will be introduced when there is certainty as to the availability of the necessary votes for it to be approved,” reporter Antonieta Cádiz wrote.
Obama Official: Immigration Reform Will Be Introduced Once Votes to Pass It Are Assured « Feet In 2 Worlds, Immigration News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,182 posts, read 32,161,514 times
Reputation: 19743
read the comment by jakevankool... pretty much sums it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 817,272 times
Reputation: 179
Just another "carrot on a stick" to get them through the mid-term elections. democrats already have a majority in the House and, in spite of the promises of Reid and Schumer,no bill has been introduced.....

We will just have to wait until after the mid term elections and see who is still in office.....of course I really have no faith that the mental midgets in DC will ever follow the will of the people anyway.

Also,a lot of political capital is being spent on the current health care fiasco and we will see how much is left for amnesty....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,511 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Reputation: 14244
There has never been enough for amnesty and never will be.

This is what’s happening in today’s illegal immigration con game. Difference is, most of these migrants are from Mexico and Central America and they arrived during the last 20 years, about a million a year. Note that this illegal immigration has been in addition to the more than 1 million a year admitted legally, by far the largest legal immigration program on earth.
Republican and Democrat administrations have done nothing serious to stem this tide. Why not? Because both national political parties are in thrall to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its offshoot, the Essential Worker Coalition — composed mainly of multi-national corporations in the agriculture, hospitality, food processing, construction and financial services industries.
These businesses love illegal immigration and the millions of poor workers arriving from the Third World. They get to pay bottom dollar, depressing the wages of average low-skilled workers, saving hundreds of millions of dollars over the cost of hiring Americans and legal immigrants. They pass the social costs on to the American taxpayer: healthcare, education, welfare, housing and crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2009, 01:02 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 817,272 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There has never been enough for amnesty and never will be.

This is what’s happening in today’s illegal immigration con game. Difference is, most of these migrants are from Mexico and Central America and they arrived during the last 20 years, about a million a year. Note that this illegal immigration has been in addition to the more than 1 million a year admitted legally, by far the largest legal immigration program on earth.
Republican and Democrat administrations have done nothing serious to stem this tide. Why not? Because both national political parties are in thrall to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and its offshoot, the Essential Worker Coalition — composed mainly of multi-national corporations in the agriculture, hospitality, food processing, construction and financial services industries.
These businesses love illegal immigration and the millions of poor workers arriving from the Third World. They get to pay bottom dollar, depressing the wages of average low-skilled workers, saving hundreds of millions of dollars over the cost of hiring Americans and legal immigrants. They pass the social costs on to the American taxpayer: healthcare, education, welfare, housing and crime.
I agree, 110%

And,it will continue to operate this way for two reasons.....
It is very effective and profitable, and the politicians have no intention of changing the status quo.
Both sides of this issue will continue to be played for fools, while we argue with each other and send the same clowns back into office to continue their charade of "representing the will of the people" .
The politicians know that we will not do anything....they count on it. And history has proven them correct.

This issue is not exactly a new issue....just a continuing issue...by design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2009, 08:29 PM
 
48,516 posts, read 83,932,349 times
Reputation: 18050
Doesn't have a chance as it didn't the ;last time. The anti-amensty vote is even stronger and no party wants to bring it to the floor again after the last time that jambed the washington telephone system and e-mail accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 16,243,729 times
Reputation: 3029
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Doesn't have a chance as it didn't the ;last time. The anti-amensty vote is even stronger and no party wants to bring it to the floor again after the last time that jambed the washington telephone system and e-mail accounts.
The new pro-illegal strategy is to emulate the actions of anti-illegals in 2007. They are instructing their cohorts to close the switchboards and jam the email of our representatives with DEMANDS for a path to citizenship, aka amnesty.

Of course many of these calls and letters will originate from illegal aliens themselves; particularly, DREAMies. I have already sent a letter to members of Congress to advise them of their plans. Whose ire do you think they will fear – illegals who have NO VOTE, or citizens of this country who have the power to remove them from office? It’s a no-brainer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 07:41 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,182 posts, read 32,161,514 times
Reputation: 19743
Anything short of 100% amnesty wouldn't yield many votes anyway since the items that made up the last tries shot down millions.

Learn English......nope Pay a fine.........nope .... Prove you were working........ more nope and that pretty much wraps it up. Will the remaining 200k please step forward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 07:43 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,637,754 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If that’s the criteria for introducing the bill, it will NEVER be introduced. As long as amnesty is the goal, this bill is DOA. Of course this is by design. They feign support for CIR, realizing the citizens of this country will fight it tooth and nail. That gives them an excuse for its failure. . . . but, at least they will have tried. . . wink, wink.


Obama Official: Immigration Reform Will Be Introduced Once Votes to Pass It Are Assured « Feet In 2 Worlds, Immigration News
I pray you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,637,754 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The new pro-illegal strategy is to emulate the actions of anti-illegals in 2007. They are instructing their cohorts to close the switchboards and jam the email of our representatives with DEMANDS for a path to citizenship, aka amnesty.

Of course many of these calls and letters will originate from illegal aliens themselves; particularly, DREAMies. I have already sent a letter to members of Congress to advise them of their plans. Whose ire do you think they will fear – illegals who have NO VOTE, or citizens of this country who have the power to remove them from office? It’s a no-brainer.
If it was only votes but for politicians it's also much about the big money of the big pro-unlimited illegal labor corporations. Some people are making a ton of money from lowered wages and the replacement of the American people by third world labor that will work for dirt pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top