U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 05:26 PM

807 posts, read 1,117,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I myself do not believe that having a pro-illegal mentality = anti-american mentality.
Some are pro-illegal because they are gullable enough to believe the excuses made by other pro-illegals.
Some are just bleeding hearts but love this country as much as anyone else.
The anti-american lable should be used to describe those who are truely anti-american. Those who plought or dream of the day that america is destroyed. I know many feel that the illegal immigration invasion will do just that. I feel that it will damage us, but destroy us? I don't know.
The anti-american card is as over used as the race card.
True.. I love my Country and I USED to be Pro-Illegal, that was until first-hand experiences wised me up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
True.. I love my Country and I USED to be Pro-Illegal, that was until first-hand experiences wised me up..
You and me both. I don't know what changed my mind the most, the two sets of laws I witnessed, having them break into my abodes a few times, or the lines at the ERs.

I've seen enough.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
A very common occurrence. I've known many 'nice'. moderate people who fit your description perfectly. As for myself, I've personally known, worked with, and socialized with a number of illegals, in the past....I found them to be good, hard-working people. But that was a LONG time, (and about 15 million illegals, a MAJOR amnesty, and several smaller ones) ago. The situation is FAR different today. What was once a 'minor issue', and a 'victimless crime', is now a major mess.

Americans are fine people....as a rule, we've been among the most compassionate of societies. Does this compassion have a limit? Is it possible that good, compassionate people, pushed to that limit, can become 'burned out', cynical, and 'fed up'? Is the point ever reached when tolerant, 'giving' people finally declare "Enough is enough"?

We may someday find out....stay tuned.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:40 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You and me both. I don't know what changed my mind the most, the two sets of laws I witnessed, having them break into my abodes a few times, or the lines at the ERs.

I've seen enough.
Maybe not 'pro illegal' per se; but nowhere nearly as anti illegal immigration till those marches back in May 2006------------those insolent dogs did it for me. Losers.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:48 PM

32,823 posts, read 30,083,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
A very common occurrence. I've known many 'nice'. moderate people who fit your description perfectly. As for myself, I've personally known, worked with, and socialized with a number of illegals, in the past....I found them to be good, hard-working people. But that was a LONG time, (and about 15 million illegals, a MAJOR amnesty, and several smaller ones) ago. The situation is FAR different today. What was once a 'minor issue', and a 'victimless crime', is now a major mess.

Americans are fine people....as a rule, we've been among the most compassionate of societies. Does this compassion have a limit? Is it possible that good, compassionate people, pushed to that limit, can become 'burned out', cynical, and 'fed up'? Is the point ever reached when tolerant, 'giving' people finally declare "Enough is enough"?

I think most Americans are very tolerant lot but when it becomes personal you will see a behavior change.

What I've learned about Illegal Aliens, if they cannot find a job here, if they cannot stay afloat on any social services they have access to.........they will do whatever it takes to survive. That includes taking what doesn't belong to them.
For those reasons my mind has changed how I look at the whole immigration debate. I still give to my Church and the charities that take items to Baja but I've really been poisoned on how I look at these people that will steal to get by. WHOLESALE!

Old 11-02-2009, 06:09 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,823,428 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post

I've seen enough.
I was basically indifferent until the massive entitlement marches, and the brazen disrespect. My youngest brother is an uber-liberal, bleeding heart Democrat who was very much pro-illegal. He was always saying, “Now Benicar, you shouldn’t be so hard on them. They are only trying to survive.” Now, he would be the first in line to boot them out of the country. They did it to themselves.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

We've already reached that point.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:34 PM

411 posts, read 402,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
There are only about 3 or 4 pro illegal types left---------and, none of you guys are hardcore MEChA fans either.

Hell; I helped the Mods boot out a few of the truly racist anti's myself.
pro-illegal, or else are just inmature terms, the day the radicals come up with some logical agenda, then they may get some more respect, I consider myself pro human dignity, and human rights irrelevant of etnnic backgroung or immigration status.....

Old 11-02-2009, 06:45 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,622,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
pro-illegal, or else are just inmature terms, the day the radicals come up with some logical agenda, then they may get some more respect, I consider myself pro human dignity, and human rights irrelevant of etnnic backgroung or immigration status.....
"Human dignity" and "human rights" are awfully broad terms. I think you'll find few people in the USA who would tell you they're opposed to either one. Sometimes, though, people act in ways that compromise their own dignity; sometimes they claim 'rights' at the expense of others. People often claim to be "owed" things. People often claim to be 'oppressed' or 'mistreated'....whether it's true or not.

Human dignity, though....I don't think you'll find many people opposed to that. Act with dignity, and most people will automatically HAVE to respect you..whether they like you or not.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:47 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,157,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
When an illegal foreigner's so-called rights trample on the rights of U.S.
citizens it is no longer classified as a humanitarian gesture to support them rather than one's fellow citizens. Illegals are granted basic human rights but that is it and rightly so! They do not have a human right to live or work in this country. They do not have the human right to suck our taxes dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or