U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 AM

60,774 posts, read 30,796,580 times

Advertisements

pro-illegal doesn't describe what they really are.

The anti-Americans are all for destroying and taking over this nation of mine and my fellow Americans.
Not without a bloody fight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
To say it will be “ugly” is a gross understatement. Pro-illegals complain about the “whining” in these forums by anti-illegals. They should hope people continue to vent their anger and frustration via written communication. I have spoken with rational and nonviolent folks who have simply had enough, and are ready to roll. Make no mistake.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:34 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,665,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
To say it will be “ugly” is a gross understatement. Pro-illegals complain about the “whining” in these forums by anti-illegals. They should hope people continue to vent their anger and frustration via written communication. I have spoken with rational and nonviolent folks who have simply had enough, and are ready to roll. Make no mistake.
Frankly; I amazed at the lack of civil disobedience by the groups you listed.

Unless; the pro illegal folks sense the impending Gotterdammerung hence their desperation.

Old 11-02-2009, 03:00 PM

706 posts, read 797,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Benicar, I've been perusing a few political discussion forums for some time now. As Arizona Bear mentioned, there has been an overall " lack of civil disobedience " by most "Anti" types. ( I'm not speaking of the "Stormfront/National Alliance types here)

But I've noticed that over the last year or so, the general tone of the forums has become increasingly volitile and angry. It would appear that the Ghandi" approach to resistence is wearing thin for a lot of people.
To paraphrase a few of the responses:

" We allowed 20 million invaders into this without firing a single shot"
" There are over 80 million registered gun owners in this country who are getting tired of the feds actions......."

These posts,at least to me, are frightening....While, for the most part, I believe they are nothing more than an internet boasting, there is a trend away from the "nice guy" approach.

And then there are the ones who say nothing, nor post anything....they just stay silent.

As I posted earlier...This scenario is very interesting and frightening to say the least. There a many ramifications and questions that arise in such a conflict.....
I wonder how it would play out, Or if we are really ready for a situation such as this ?

How would we choose sides?

How would "our" government react, and whose side would they be on ?

Very interesting.....

Take way the ability of illegal aliens to work and they will not leave but riot and commit crimes!

Someone once said " May You Live In Interesting Times"

just some random ramblings on my part

BL

Old 11-02-2009, 04:04 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,630,805 times
Interesting thread, everyone. Semi-retired from the forum, I have mostly given up due to increasing pessimism. Whether the current frustration out there spreads from the "lunatic fringe" into the mainstream is, of course, a matter of conjecture; as I've said all along, the US is an "experiment" as a society; no one before us ever sought to HAVE a society based on freely-accepted 'self rule'...no one TRULY knows how this will all "end up"....and few societies in history have ever 'stepped aside', and simply allowed themselves to be 'overwhelmed' by outsiders, PARTICULARLY those outsiders who arrive illegally, tell the locals they're "here to stay, like it or not", and taunt the local population that "you'll just have to get used to the fact that we're here, and we're not leaving". Exactly HOW that will end up, as I say, is anybody's guess.

Should violence and ethnic strife and balkanization ever become the 'norm', I'm afraid that the FINAL outcome, sooner or later, (after the violence is contained), will simply be a massive cut-back in civil liberties and freedoms for ALL of us, put in place PARTIALLY at our own request, as we seek ever more rules and regulations forcing us to all "get along"...for 'our own good', of course.

As I've repeatedly stated, the USA will always be here, for the forseeable future. Just exactly what that will look like, as a society....and whether or not it's still a "good" society, remains to be seen.

AS Borderlord alluded, the future, if nothing else, will be "interesting"....

Old 11-02-2009, 04:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,085,714 times
there will be no war.
there might be a small possibility of 1 incident, or two, but anything large, no.

i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Frankly; I amazed at the lack of civil disobedience by the groups you listed.

Unless; the pro illegal folks sense the impending Gotterdammerung hence their desperation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Benicar, I've been perusing a few political discussion forums for some time now. As Arizona Bear mentioned, there has been an overall " lack of civil disobedience " by most "Anti" types. ( I'm not speaking of the "Stormfront/National Alliance types here)

But I've noticed that over the last year or so, the general tone of the forums has become increasingly volitile and angry. It would appear that the Ghandi" approach to resistence is wearing thin for a lot of people.
To paraphrase a few of the responses:

" We allowed 20 million invaders into this without firing a single shot"
" There are over 80 million registered gun owners in this country who are getting tired of the feds actions......."

These posts,at least to me, are frightening....While, for the most part, I believe they are nothing more than an internet boasting, there is a trend away from the "nice guy" approach.

And then there are the ones who say nothing, nor post anything....they just stay silent.

As I posted earlier...This scenario is very interesting and frightening to say the least. There a many ramifications and questions that arise in such a conflict.....
I wonder how it would play out, Or if we are really ready for a situation such as this ?

How would we choose sides?

How would "our" government react, and whose side would they be on ?

Very interesting.....

Take way the ability of illegal aliens to work and they will not leave but riot and commit crimes!

Someone once said " May You Live In Interesting Times"

just some random ramblings on my part

BL
Yes, contrary to pro-illegal propaganda, the average anti-illegal is not a rabid right-wing racist. If we were half the things being spewed by pro-illegals, violence would be the rule rather than the exception. However, I fear if this issue isn’t resolved soon, the climate may drastically change.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:15 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,164,328 times
The reason you see more anger in the illegal immigration debate is that neither side has gotten what they want yet and this has gone on for far too long now. I hope by next year this issue is settled once and for all but it all depends on what action is taken because we may have to go through this again in a few years if the wrong decison is made. It is getting old and tiresome and Americans want the soveirgnty of their borders retuned to them and our borders secured from illegal entry by anyone and for visa holders to be monitored so that they return to their homelands when their time is up.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
there will be no war.
there might be a small possibility of 1 incident, or two, but anything large, no

i dont think anyone wants te be associated with radicals.
I certainly hope you are right.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:19 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,954,246 times
People who want illegals to waltz in, and bring the country down even further, have ulterior motives. They advocate criminal activity. They are UN patriotic. Illegals who work for lower wages are the new slaves, and the people who hire them are the lowest of the low. Scumbuckets. Ne'er do wells. Scalawags, despots. Scrooges, users....Deport the illegals, and jail the slave drivers. You want to live in the USA, apply like normal people do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or