Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,526,482 times

Advertisements

Is anyone so naive not to see through this ruse? So now foreigners are “flooding” into Mexico.

Quote:
Mexico has taken steps to allow the increasing number of foreigners who flood into the country each year, whether legally or illegally, to apply for citizenship.
Warning: Barf bag may be necessary for viewing video.

Mexico 'opens its arms' to immigrants - 31 Oct 09 Video

Last edited by Benicar; 11-02-2009 at 12:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,291,409 times
I smell an ulterior motive. Since they don't even provide for their own citizens why would they want more immigrants to become citizens? I think we know what is behind this little scenario.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I smell an ulterior motive. Since they don't even provide for their own citizens why would they want more immigrants to become citizens? I think we know what is behind this little scenario.
Absolutely! They are hoping the U.S. will follow suit. Did you notice the only “foreigners” they showed are American, and legally living in Mexico? This is so utterly transparent, it’s laughable.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,468,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is anyone so naive not to see through this ruse? So now foreigners are “flooding” into Mexico.

Warning: Barf bag may be necessary for viewing video.

Mexico 'opens its arms' to immigrants - 31 Oct 09 Video
This video was brought to you courtesy of Al-Jezeera.

Mexico flies into a rage when we return their own citizens to them. The idea of them welcoming mobs of impoverished Central Americans with open arms is a bit strange in view of that. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:33 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,301,720 times
Americans are welcome in Mexico if they have money and are not there to work. I would gladly welcome anyone from Mexico in the US who meets the same criteria.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:39 PM

50,158 posts, read 46,829,875 times
Well, Mexico's remittances have plummeted so this is a desparate move to keep the money flowing from the US to Mexico.

Old 11-02-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This video was brought to you courtesy of Al-Jezeera.

Mexico flies into a rage when we return their own citizens to them. The idea of them welcoming mobs of impoverished Central Americans with open arms is a bit strange in view of that. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Yes, Al Jezeera. Isn’t that interesting?

If foreigners are flooding into Mexico, why aren’t their citizens who are here illegally returning in droves to this new paradise?

Old 11-02-2009, 03:50 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,176,130 times
I think it's a great idea. I can't wait until millions of Muslims move to Mexico, and start building mosques in the village square.

Let's examine this video though:
1. Everyone they talked to says they're there legally. Not an illegal alien in the bunch.

2. The only ones I heard say they actually live there are the one who sells Mexican crafts, and perhaps the one who bills herself as a local artist. She's an older woman though, probably retired, and her art may just be a hobby. The other one was an older man, obviously past the age of retirement. Retirees don't work, they only spend. As for the others they showed, they may all be tourists.

3.The ones they showed from Central and South America riding atop the train have no desire to remain in Mexico, and become citizens. Their goal is the US, and Mexico just a pathway here. You'll notice none of them were interviewed.

4.There's a caveate though---That Mexican official, Pedroza, said all foreigners who CONTRIBUTE to Mexican society are welcome. By contribute, I suspect he means bring your own money.

So what I get from the video is there's a bunch of older retired people, and tourists, of European ancestry (who says they're all Americans?) living in, or visiting Mexico. You gotta hand it to Mexico though, they couldn't strong arm the US into giving millions of illegal aliens amnesty, so now they're trying to shame us into it. The only way that will work is if they take in 20 million + illegal aliens from countries in worse shape than theirs, like Darfur, or Somalia, and give them amnesty, and you know that's not about to happen.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I think it's a great idea. I can't wait until millions of Muslims move to Mexico, and start building mosques in the village square.

Let's examine this video though:
1. Everyone they talked to says they're there legally. Not an illegal alien in the bunch.

2. The only ones I heard say they actually live there are the one who sells Mexican crafts, and perhaps the one who bills herself as a local artist. She's an older woman though, probably retired, and her art may just be a hobby. The other one was an older man, obviously past the age of retirement. Retirees don't work, they only spend. As for the others they showed, they may all be tourists.

3.The ones they showed from Central and South America riding atop the train have no desire to remain in Mexico, and become citizens. Their goal is the US, and Mexico just a pathway here. You'll notice none of them were interviewed.

4.There's a caveate though---That Mexican official, Pedroza, said all foreigners who CONTRIBUTE to Mexican society are welcome. By contribute, I suspect he means bring your own money.

So what I get from the video is there's a bunch of older retired people, and tourists, of European ancestry (who says they're all Americans?) living in, or visiting Mexico. You gotta hand it to Mexico though, they couldn't strong arm the US into giving millions of illegal aliens amnesty, so now they're trying to shame us into it. The only way that will work is if they take in 20 million + illegal aliens from countries in worse shape than theirs, like Darfur, or Somalia, and give them amnesty, and you know that's not about to happen.
Excellent post!

Old 11-02-2009, 05:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,101,700 times
A article and video on the same subject.

Mexico Offers Amnesty to Americans Living Abroad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration