U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Again, I don't think the article makes a distinction between the two. And I really don't know much about the 11 groups on this list. But I suspect they are all anti-illegal immigration, and probably many of them are anti-immigration as well.
Nope! I am familiar with most of those groups and non are anti-immigration. Some believe in immigration in controlled numers for various sane reasons but that doesn't make them anti-immigration either.
It is only the SPLC and other far left and ethnocentric groups that consider these groups as hate groups and that is only because they don't go along with their amnesty or open borders agendas.

 
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Nope! I am familiar with most of those groups and non are anti-immigration. Some believe in immigration in controlled numers for various sane reasons but that doesn't make them anti-immigration either.
It is only the SPLC and other far left and ethnocentric groups that consider these groups as hate groups and that is only because they don't go along with their amnesty or open borders agendas.
All who oppose illegal immigration are considered hate mongers. Heck, we are probably on their list.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 08:12 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Apparently my first response to your post hurt your feelings. So, even though your post has little to do with this thread, I will rephrase my response so it doesn’t upset you any further:


What is a brown supremacist? Is there any such thing as this? Do they dress and act in the same manner as white supremacists—wearing bedsheets of the same color as their own race, and burning symbolic crosses in the front lawns of people who they consider inferior because they are of a different race? Or are you merely using the term "brown supremacist" in jest. Like my previous response—a jest that was deemed unacceptable?
You hurt my feelings? LOL! Don't flatter yourself. If you are going to point out the white supremists in this country it is only fair that the brown ones get pointed out also. What is a brown supremist? They are the same thing as a white supremist only with a different skin color/race/ethnicity. One doesn't have to wear a bedsheet to be one either. It is a mental attitude.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,163,231 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Yes, hate is hard to define. What is hate? This is a hate:


This is an excerpt from an article cited in the OP article. I get the impression that many of the people from the 11 groups list above support this sort of activity. Does this hit home with anyone?
So where in the article does it say that this man belonged to any of those so-called hate groups? Please show proof that any of those groups would have approved of what he did. You are grasping at straws now.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You hurt my feelings? LOL! Don't flatter yourself. If you are going to point out the white supremists in this country it is only fair that the brown ones get pointed out also. What is a brown supremist? They are the same thing as a white supremist only with a different skin color/race/ethnicity. One doesn't have to wear a bedsheet to be one either. It is a mental attitude.
And the church said, "AMEN!"
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,629,517 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Yes, hate is hard to define. What is hate? This is a hate:


This is an excerpt from an article cited in the OP article. I get the impression that many of the people from the 11 groups list above support this sort of activity. Does this hit home with anyone?
It's rather hard for me to envision any large number of people who would advocate firing shotguns at people and burning their houses down. Even your 'crosses and white sheets' example is a stretch, I'm afraid. If you seriously equate those who call for and end to illegal immigration with these odious cretins, I'm afraid you've lost me.

My spouse shares the racial characteristics of most illegals...yet she's more opposed to them than I am. One can be opposed to something, and not be guilty of "hate". I'm opposed to the Ku Klux Klan, the Mafia, sandwiches without crusts, and dull weddings...yet I don't hate whites. I just hate what some whites do, and the way they act.

Your attempt to bring 'hate' onto this forum has fallen on deaf ears. The connection between these groups (anti-illegals and serious 'hate') is just too tenuous to be of any credibility.

I once had a boss we called "Little Hitler". He was about 5' 2", obnoxious, and VERY difficult to work with. Yet he never started a war, never bombed Poland, never exterminated a Jew, and never put even ONE SINGLE person in a concentration camp. He didn't even speak German. Was he REALLY a 'Hitler'? Wellllllll.......no, he honestly wasn't. We just didn't like him, and 'Hitler' was an easy description to make. We knew it wasn't a literal thing.

Do people who express alarm at illegals really want to kill people, blow up their houses, and destroy them?....not many do, I'm afraid. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll see I'm correct. One can be opposed to something, or some behavior...even STRONGLY opposed. That doesn't mean that person is a murderous racist, nor even a SYMPATHIZER of same.

Of course, if it serves your purposes to continue to cite 'hate groups' as representative of everyday anti-illegals, by all means do so. Know, though, that when you do so, you give up a certain amount of your credibility.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,830,020 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's rather hard for me to envision any large number of people who would advocate firing shotguns at people and burning their houses down. Even your 'crosses and white sheets' example is a stretch, I'm afraid. If you seriously equate those who call for and end to illegal immigration with these odious cretins, I'm afraid you've lost me.

My spouse shares the racial characteristics of most illegals...yet she's more opposed to them than I am. One can be opposed to something, and not be guilty of "hate". I'm opposed to the Ku Klux Klan, the Mafia, sandwiches without crusts, and dull weddings...yet I don't hate whites. I just hate what some whites do, and the way they act.

Your attempt to bring 'hate' onto this forum has fallen on deaf ears. The connection between these groups (anti-illegals and serious 'hate') is just too tenuous to be of any credibility.

I once had a boss we called "Little Hitler". He was about 5' 2", obnoxious, and VERY difficult to work with. Yet he never started a war, never bombed Poland, never exterminated a Jew, and never put even ONE SINGLE person in a concentration camp. He didn't even speak German. Was he REALLY a 'Hitler'? Wellllllll.......no, he honestly wasn't. We just didn't like him, and 'Hitler' was an easy description to make. We knew it wasn't a literal thing.

Do people who express alarm at illegals really want to kill people, blow up their houses, and destroy them?....not many do, I'm afraid. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll see I'm correct. One can be opposed to something, or some behavior...even STRONGLY opposed. That doesn't mean that person is a murderous racist, nor even a SYMPATHIZER of same.

Of course, if it serves your purposes to continue to cite 'hate groups' as representative of everyday anti-illegals, by all means do so. Know, though, that when you do so, you give up a certain amount of your credibility.
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:33 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,316,525 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Some say that these anti-immigration groups are hate groups. Are they?

American Border Patrol
California Coalition for Immigration Reform
Save Our State
American Patrol/Voice of Citizens Together
Rescue Without Borders
Federation for American Immigration Reform
Concerned Citizens and Friends of Illegal Immigration Law Enforcement
Social Contract Press
Emigration Party of Nevada
Border Guardians
American Immigration Control Foundation/Americans for Immigration Control
They also may be considered groups with righteous anger directed at those that are in violation of America's immigration laws, and groups with righteous anger directed towards it's government that refuses to protect it's borders and citizens.

On the other hand, the SPLC may be considered a hate group: A group that hates American citizens that love their country and culture, a group that hates the government when ever it enforces it's immigration laws, and a group that hates those who want it's borders to be protected from lawless invaders that treat it's laws with utter contempt.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Miami
537 posts, read 256,051 times
Reputation: 170
What is wrong with opposing illegal immigration? It's not about hate, but about respect for America's immigration laws.
 
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,662,080 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo46 View Post
What is wrong with opposing illegal immigration? It's not about hate, but about respect for America's immigration laws.
There is nothing wrong with opposing illegal immigration unless one is ether an ethnocentrist loser and/or someone is making $$$ from their presense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top