U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Immigration agents assigned to track down people who have ignored deportation orders have increasingly arrested immigrants with criminal records during the past year, new data show.

Data from Immigration and Customs Enforcement show a shift from the prior three years, when more than 70 percent of immigrants arrested by fugitive-operations teams had no criminal histories.

About 45 percent of the 35,000 immigrants arrested by the teams during fiscal 2009 had criminal convictions.
The figure is up from 23 percent during the prior year.
Arrests up for migrants with records

May there be many more happy returns for those insolent losers back to their home countries!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,828,771 times
Call me cynical, but I am not buying this increased enforcement of our laws BS. I believe this is simply part of the strategy to make us believe our government is seriously trying to tackle illegal immigration so they can say, “See, we are securing our borders and arresting 'criminal' illegals. Now, we can proceed to phase 2 -- a path to citizenship for the ‘good’ illegal aliens.”

If they were truly serious about resolving this problem, they wouldn’t continue to give employers probation and nominal fines for employing illegals. They would imprison those greedy traitors, and make it known that anyone who employs illegal aliens will have hell to pay.

However, it is good that they are at least making arrests. Let’s hope they deport them, and prevent them from ever returning. Otherwise, we will continue to have a revolving door at our southern border.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,162,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Call me cynical, but I am not buying this increased enforcement of our laws BS. I believe this is simply part of the strategy to make us believe our government is seriously trying to tackle illegal immigration so they can say, “See, we are securing our borders and arresting 'criminal' illegals. Now, we can proceed to phase 2 -- a path to citizenship for the ‘good’ illegal aliens.”

If they were truly serious about resolving this problem, they wouldn’t continue to give employers probation and nominal fines for employing illegals. They would imprison those greedy traitors, and make it known that anyone who employs illegal aliens will have hell to pay.

However, it is good that they are at least making arrests. Let’s hope they deport them, and prevent them from ever returning. Otherwise, we will continue to have a revolving door at our southern border.
I agree, Benicar. Our government is just throwing a few crumbs at us in regards to enforcement. The only thing that would convince me that they are serious about it would be to put the military on the border and implement e-verify across the nation. I would like to see some serious legislation presented and passed in regards to birthright citizenship, official English and proof of citizenship demanded to claim any taxpayer benefits. Until then, I will continue to be opposed to any CIR that might be presented.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:32 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,792,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I think there might be -- the irony is that the arrests aren't to protect Americans or our jobs but because many wealthier Mexicans are fleeing cities like Juarez and a couple have already been assassinated by hitmen on this side of the border who then flee back into Mexico.

It's not going to do much good for the drug lords and drug traffickers to move over and demand asylum only to have all their enemies and "sicarios" allowed over to do what they wish to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration