Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm sure she was deported. Eventhough she was pregnant, it doesnt say here that she gave birth. That means, after getting medical treatment, they had to have been deported.

Leaving immigrants behind is something very common the "disgusting" coyotes do. This is why it is very important to secure our borders but apparently, its hypocritical better to use illegal immigrants going across the border to maintain the economy of the US and have them send their remittances back to help "the other economy". Its a game both governments love to play with illegal immigrants. A system that works for them and that is why it will never end.
I wonder if there is any way to educate these people about what exactly is going on before they decide to make the trip to the US? Maybe encourage them to try to make changes in their own government instead of risking their lives to come here? Sort of like the old-time 'union' people ala "The Grapes of Wrath" or "Norma Rae".

I don't think many people enjoy being forced out of their homeland, leaving families and friends, especially due to economic circumstances.

Anyway, it's just an idea..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 07:05 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I wonder if there is any way to educate these people about what exactly is going on before they decide to make the trip to the US? Maybe encourage them to try to make changes in their own government instead of risking their lives to come here? Sort of like the old-time 'union' people ala "The Grapes of Wrath" or "Norma Rae".

I don't think many people enjoy being forced out of their homeland, leaving families and friends, especially due to economic circumstances.

Anyway, it's just an idea..
Agreed.. The people of Mexico (and other countries in which Illegal Aliens are from), need to start holding their government accountable rather than rely on U.S. citizens to fund their anchor babies.. Illegal Aliens KNOW how to use the U.S. legal system to fight for what they perceive to be injustices, WHY not utilize resources in their home countries?

That said, on the subject of politics, Republican President Ronald Reagan granted Amnesty to Illegal Aliens in 1986 with a Democratic Congress.. Both sides are corrupt on this issue.. There HAVE been a few politicians that have spoken out against the illegal alien invasion but for the most, part and status quo, it's ALL about Amnesty.. The Democrats are speaking for the Unions that want Illegal Aliens to join, the Pro-Business Republicans want cheap, unregulated labor, as do some liberals as I've seen many "progressive" Small businesses that hire MASS amounts of Illegals..

Old 11-06-2009, 07:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Agreed.. The people of Mexico (and other countries in which Illegal Aliens are from), need to start holding their government accountable rather than rely on U.S. citizens to fund their anchor babies.. Illegal Aliens KNOW how to use the U.S. legal system to fight for what they perceive to be injustices, WHY not utilize resources in their home countries?

That said, on the subject of politics, Republican President Ronald Reagan granted Amnesty to Illegal Aliens in 1986 with a Democratic Congress.. Both sides are corrupt on this issue.. There HAVE been a few politicians that have spoken out against the illegal alien invasion but for the most, part and status quo, it's ALL about Amnesty.. The Democrats are speaking for the Unions that want Illegal Aliens to join, the Pro-Business Republicans want cheap, unregulated labor, as do some liberals as I've seen many "progressive" Small businesses that hire MASS amounts of Illegals..

Actually the 1986 reform act was not a full amnesty. It only allowed sponsored illegals to get a work permit from their sponsor(boss) and probation for legal status.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:14 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually the 1986 reform act was not a full amnesty. It only allowed sponsored illegals to get a work permit from their sponsor(boss) and probation for legal status.
Which is similar to the "Guest Worker" Program that was being tossed around a couple of years back.. Some would argue also that Obama is NOT proposing amnesty as it would require Illegal Aliens to pay a fine, learn english and go to the "back of the line".. Again though, the Illegal Aliens took advantage in 1986 and will do so again..

Old 11-06-2009, 12:20 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I'm sure she was deported. Eventhough she was pregnant, it doesnt say here that she gave birth. That means, after getting medical treatment, they had to have been deported.

Leaving immigrants behind is something very common the "disgusting" coyotes do. This is why it is very important to secure our borders but apparently, its hypocritical better to use illegal immigrants going across the border to maintain the economy of the US and have them send their remittances back to help "the other economy". Its a game both governments love to play with illegal immigrants. A system that works for them and that is why it will never end.
I think at some point it will end. It's not sustainable. You can't have zero immigration laws, completely unlimited immigration, a free-for-all when it comes to cheaper and cheaper labor and maintain any kind of standard of living. With over 2 billion impoverished people in the world, it's not feasible that anyone who wants a better life just has to show up here.

Old 11-06-2009, 12:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Even one of my illegal neighbors doesn't support unlimited illegal immigration because he knows his own job and standard of living could be in jeopardy. He says that a Mexican like himself can be replaced by Central Americans like Guatemalans and Hondurans because they'll work for less than most Mexicans will. Plus there are not really endless job opportunities here in this country for everyone who wants a job.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
You know, I wish people would not point fingers at democrats. I'm a registered democrat and I am very much opposed to illegal aliens being here in my country. Actually I believe there was a poll nation-wide and 75% of people want illegals out of the country. Now, I'm pretty sure that 75% of people are NOT democrats, which would mean that only 25% are either republicans or other minor party members.

Besides, this illegal immigration has been going on for a long time..I don't see any difference between the Bush years and now in regard to this problem.

I have been ignoring posts like yours but sometimes it just gets to me...
I am also a Democrat who ardently opposes illegal immigration and while democrats are far from perfect on the matter, Republicans do not have the solution either, neither Reagan nor Bush did anything to help the situation.

As to the OP, I would bet anything that Arizona taxpayers/hospitals are going to be stuck with the hospital and transportation bills for these mooches, that is a real travesty...I only hope the deportation orders come through quickly so the taxpayers/hospital do not have to pay for all the medical care and subsequent anchor baby welfare schemes.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Brain-dead American voters need to quit putting Republicans or Democrats in political positions! There's not a dime's worth of difference between them. Wake up suckers!
you nailed it bugguy! wish i could rep ya twice. we need more party choices at the voting booth. our system has become a corrupt mess.

"by the people, for the people" my ass!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration