Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 09:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times

Advertisements

That1guy. I have been reading your posts for some time now. Although more often than not we are on opposite sides of the issue I can say that you seldom if ever resort to out right insults nor do you hit below the belt.
I also can say that you can be annoying as hell at times. LOL I can live with that..
This topic is kind of at the heart of the illegal problem.
Should police ask hispanic day laborers for papers?
Hell yes. Do they have insurance and tax id? If not they should not be allowed to work. Nor should any legal citizen who does not have the same documentation. This protects us all from fly by nighters.
As for the green cards. My wife is a legal resident. She is expected to carry that green card everywhere she goes. If a cop asked her for it she will have it. If a cop asks for it I will not be offended. We are proud to show that my wife followed the rules and is an honest resident.
Illegals and those who support/facilitate them don't like the idea of having to answer the tough question when they can't demonstrate legal status. I want our police to go after obvious as well as not so obvious illegals.
Day laborers are pretty much obvious and if they are legal citizens I want them licenced and insured just like legal contractors they are under cutting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 09:57 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,904,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
That1guy. I have been reading your posts for some time now. Although more often than not we are on opposite sides of the issue I can say that you seldom if ever resort to out right insults nor do you hit below the belt.
I also can say that you can be annoying as hell at times. LOL I can live with that..
Hell yes. Do they have insurance and tax id? If not they should not be allowed to work. Nor should any legal citizen who does not have the same documentation. This protects us all from fly by nighters.
As for the green cards. My wife is a legal resident. She is expected to carry that green card everywhere she goes. If a cop asked her for it she will have it. If a cop asks for it I will not be offended. We are proud to show that my wife followed the rules and is an honest resident.
Illegals and those who support/facilitate them don't like the idea of having to answer the tough question when they can't demonstrate legal status. I want our police to go after obvious as well as not so obvious illegals.
Day laborers are pretty much obvious and if they are legal citizens I want them licenced and insured just like legal contractors they are under cutting.
Thanks. I will admit at times I do lose my temper (at least I'm honest), however...it is hard having the minority view (not a justification, just simply an observation).

Much of what you state is exactly why need reform to legalize and put people through the system. They do need to pay taxes, they do need to have the proper liscences. Reform is not simply a reward, but also it comes with an obligation. An obligation that people better themselves, in a sense. Obtain education. Obtain the proper training and job skills.

I have been a victim of racial profiling MANY times. So has my brother and mother. It's really demeaning when you are placed in such a position.

It might, again, might turn into a slippery slope. Day laborers, then another group...so on.

I've been a day laborer once...when I was 10 (cutting people's grass). Kidding, but seriously I did cut lawns.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:09 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,863,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Thanks. I will admit at times I do lose my temper (at least I'm honest), however...it is hard having the minority view (not a justification, just simply an observation).

Much of what you state is exactly why need reform to legalize and put people through the system. They do need to pay taxes, they do need to have the proper liscences. Reform is not simply a reward, but also it comes with an obligation. An obligation that people better themselves, in a sense. Obtain education. Obtain the proper training and job skills.

I have been a victim of racial profiling MANY times. So has my brother and mother. It's really demeaning when you are placed in such a position.

It might, again, might turn into a slippery slope. Day laborers, then another group...so on.

I've been a day laborer once...when I was 10 (cutting people's grass). Kidding, but seriously I did cut lawns.

They can do that. Deport them to wherever they came from. Can pay taxes there

Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
They can do that. Deport them to wherever they came from. Can pay taxes there
See, that increases the tax burden on everyone and hence is a no win situation. Deportation is costly. It would actually drain our resources. We need something that INCREASES revenue, not decreases.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This has nothing to do with following rules. Why do you think they are here illegally? Exactly... No/almost no education does not qualify for a visa in the U.S. If they wouldn't come illegally, they would never qualify for a visa.
We already have enough uneducated people to take care of.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
See, that increases the tax burden on everyone and hence is a no win situation. Deportation is costly. It would actually drain our resources. We need something that INCREASES revenue, not decreases.
Umm no. Less unemployed Americans = less expenses for the gov't.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with following rules. Why do you think they are here illegally? Exactly... No/almost no education does not qualify for a visa in the U.S. If they wouldn't come illegally, they would never qualify for a visa.
We already have enough uneducated people to take care of.
Thus, it stands to reason that the money that would go towards deportation should be going to both education and healthcare...

Old 11-10-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Thus, it stands to reason that the money that would go towards deportation should be going to both education and healthcare...
Yeah, should educate Americans, that's true. In the long run they deportations will pay off.

What's next? Don't jail criminals cause it's to expensive?

Old 11-10-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Yeah, should educate Americans, that's true. In the long run they deportations will pay off.

What's next? Don't jail criminals cause it's to expensive?
It's not even the same analogy. You shouldn't jail people for say, marijuana use. Or speeding. Or jay walking. Because it is too expensive.

Deportation should only be used for those people who are truly a threat. Just like jail.

We should educate ALL people within our borders. THAT will pay off in the long run.

Old 11-11-2009, 12:13 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,920,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
As for David, I will go back and read my own posts and his but I rarely ever attack someone first unless they really tick me off. It must have been one of those rare occasions.
This is from the Legal Joe/Illegal Jose thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I can tell you only have a high school diploma with this tripe. "If enough illegals or foreigners come here, take jobs, and drastically lower wages, eventually the displaced Americans will be able to compete with them at their wages (or lower) as well. If an illegal/foreigner is willing to work for those wages, surely an American can as well (if need be)."

FYI, Americans don't want to live like these third world peasants! We don't want to live 3 or 4 families in a household to make ends meet from crappy wages. Here is some advice. Get an education beyond your HS diploma and gain some moral fortitude while you are at it.
I really must have ticked you off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration