Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 06:07 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Not in the same way the illegal aliens are today. You see we got rules and punishment for those who break our laws...The poor Indians didnt......
Punishment? The Indians would routinely torture, enslave or kill those who invaded their territories. Now THAT is punishment.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:31 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I love how all these "Americans" talk crap about illegal immigrants. Give me a break. This is the new code word for Latinos. Now that we can't pick on the Blacks anymore, let's move on to the Latinos..they are an easy target. And what every "American" needs to remember is that this is NOT OUR NATIVE LAND. You all have immigrant blood. Our founding "fathers" stole this land, plain and simple. They were not sent invitations nor granted permission to rape their woman, kill their men and steal their lands. And this country has been built on immigration ever since, even if you choose not to accept it. Get over it.
No one is picking on Latinos that are here legally and are law abiding Americans. I get so sick of the pro-illegal apologists claiming otherwise when this is about illegal immigration. We have immigration laws and have the right to control our borders in today's world.

It isn't the indigenouses native land either. How do you think they came to the Americas? Do you think they sprouted up out of the ground like corn? They came across the Bering Strait as immigrants themselves. I love how the pro-illegals like to talk about the atrocities of the white Europeans and totally ignore the savage behavior of the indigenous back then even among themselves. Most pro-illegals who do this have white Spanish European blood coursing throught their own veins and the Spanish were just as guilty. The argument that Mestizo Mexicans should have a right to migrate here without papers is ridiculous because their tribal ancestors were from south of our border and never occupied this part of the Americas. The other half of their genetics as I said above were the white Spanish Europeans. What makes them any different than the British or any other white European who came over here without so-called permission? Get over it yourself!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:39 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Our ancestors would be appalled by the fact that we have allowed people to immigrate to this country that they created, who do not share the culture, or the value system that our Western European ancestors ingrained in American civilization. They were the very people that built this nation: and made it what it is. Our ancestors would see how immigrants who come here today, exploit this country. People who came here centuries ago, came here to GIVE; immigrants who come here today, come here to TAKE! Immigrants who come here today are lazy, and know about subsidies. Those immigrants who came here decades ago ago didn't have welfare, foodstamps, social security disability, section 8 housing, WIC programs, and they didn't care! That was not why they came, they came to work hard. Back then, unlike today, however, there was a need for manual labor.

Also, our ancestors never in a million years would have regarded "people of color" as equals in anyway. They would not have been considered for the privileges they are afforded today by the bureacracy, culture and establishment created by white people. They knew more than anybody that this thing called "diversity" was nothing more than a sham; that it would infect this country like a virus. They overwhelmingly agreed with the National Origins Act which permitted people from Western Europe to come here. Looking what has happened since the National Origins Act was abolished 44 years ago, it has become quite clear, our ancestors were right. Immigrants who come here today, represent the greatest liability our nation has faced. They don't speak the language, nor do they want to. They often have no skills, and truthfully our economy does not allow for such large increases in population year after year. Our country does not create jobs the way it once did.
Your first paragraph is basically true. Then, unfortunately, your bigotry reared its ugly head.

For MOST of us, this isn’t an issue of “people of color,” rather, an issue of legality. We are discussing illegal immigration; and illegal aliens are comprised of every race/ethnicity.

Your mindset is precisely why so many pro-illegals accuse us of being racists. Most of us aren’t, but clearly some are. You certainly don’t help our cause. In case you don’t know, Stormfront is a forum where you can share your views with like-minded "patriots" who hate all “people of color.” I suggest you try it, if you're not already a member.

BTW, I am one of those “people of color” you loathe. Don’t blame me for being in YOUR country; blame your ancestors who preferred free slave labor. Also, blame those who simply couldn’t keep their hands off of their “property.” You see, I am a product of both.

Furthermore, we are ALL “people of color.” Some of us have more melanin than others; nevertheless we all possess it. Do you know any translucent folks? I certainly don’t. Even albinos aren’t invisible.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:55 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
How long will you pro-illegals use that trite “we are all immigrants” argument? Or, “they stole the land from the Indians.” Learn the definition of “immigrant” so you won’t continue to appear foolish. Moreover, there have been conflicts throughout history. Some were conquerors, and others were conquered. That’s just how it is. To the victor. . . .

Old 11-07-2009, 09:38 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Punishment? The Indians would routinely torture, enslave or kill those who invaded their territories. Now THAT is punishment.
Actually. according to studies I've read, (and speaking as the spouse of an Indian), about 95% of the time when American Indians first came into contact with whites, those meetings were FRIENDLY. Lots of 'nice' being made, lots of hand-shaking, pipe-smoking, etc....and the Indians generally helped the 'newbies'. All-in-all, the Indians and the early-day explorers got along fairly well.

The conflict came when the 'white' culture began to overwhelm the locals. LATER-arriving whites...(settlers, military, etc) had no desire to 'interact' with the Indians. They were simply an 'obstacle' to settlement, and were either looked at as needing to be exterminated....'pushed elsewhere'....or 'civilized', and turned into de-facto whites. The rest, of course, is history. (In my wife's case, HER family's 'first contact' was with Spanish missionaries in California...who decided that the Indians should stop being 'themselves', and should suddenly take up the more 'respectable' role of being mission-building, bricklaying Catholics.)

The story of the American Indians' 'demise' is much less a story of human evil or depravity on either side, than it is the story of an entire cultural system being simply annihilated by another, more aggressive, more technologically advanced one.

Gives us a lot to think about today, what with the sudden interest in deciding we're now 'multicultural', and that we'd rather 'celebrate our differences' than seek ways in which we're united as a society. It's well to remember that cultures, BY DEFINITION, are not particularly inclined to 'get along' with each other, even in the best of times. Sometimes I think we forget that fact, from what I see on the forum.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I love how all these "Americans" talk crap about illegal immigrants. Give me a break. This is the new code word for Latinos. Now that we can't pick on the Blacks anymore, let's move on to the Latinos..they are an easy target. And what every "American" needs to remember is that this is NOT OUR NATIVE LAND. You all have immigrant blood. Our founding "fathers" stole this land, plain and simple. They were not sent invitations nor granted permission to rape their woman, kill their men and steal their lands. And this country has been built on immigration ever since, even if you choose not to accept it. Get over it.
Umm.. Nope, it's Pro-Illegals such as yourself that turn this into a RACE ISSUE.. it isn't a race issue, it's an issue of LAWS.. ILLEGAL Aliens have broken the law by entering the country, ILLEGALLY and it is a slap in the face to those that come to the U.S. LEGALLY each and every day, many of which are Latino..

So, try again! Judging by your post, it seems that you have a hostile attitude towards this country and those that founded it..

Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM

807 posts, read 1,302,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How long will you pro-illegals use that trite “we are all immigrants” argument? Or, “they stole the land from the Indians.” Learn the definition of “immigrant” so you won’t continue to appear foolish. Moreover, there have been conflicts throughout history. Some were conquerors, and others were conquered. That’s just how it is. To the victor. . . .
AMEN!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 11:01 AM

313 posts, read 676,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post

True it was not a utopia before the Spanish arrived. The Indians were people just like us with all the flaws that we have.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:43 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Your first paragraph is basically true. Then, unfortunately, your bigotry reared its ugly head.

For MOST of us, this isn’t an issue of “people of color,” rather, an issue of legality. We are discussing illegal immigration; and illegal aliens are comprised of every race/ethnicity.

Your mindset is precisely why so many pro-illegals accuse us of being racists. Most of us aren’t, but clearly some are. You certainly don’t help our cause. In case you don’t know, Stormfront is a forum where you can share your views with like-minded "patriots" who hate all “people of color.” I suggest you try it, if you're not already a member.

BTW, I am one of those “people of color” you loathe. Don’t blame me for being in YOUR country; blame your ancestors who preferred free slave labor. Also, blame those who simply couldn’t keep their hands off of their “property.” You see, I am a product of both.

Furthermore, we are ALL “people of color.” Some of us have more melanin than others; nevertheless we all possess it. Do you know any translucent folks? I certainly don’t. Even albinos aren’t invisible.
Why would you be accused of being racist when you state you are a "person of color?" Systematically, through years of careful sensitizing, it has been made more than apparent, only white people can be considered "racist." Tiptoeing around the issue in fear of being accused of racism is just one of many ways the politically correct thought police use to control. Although, concern over illegal immigration, as well as curbing immigration as a whole is really NOT an issue of racism, the media with its twisted take on the issue will make it out to be an issue of racism, regardless. Truthfully, its rare when a "person of color" shows concern over the rampant abuse our country experiences from illegal immigration anyway.

Do you really think the quality of your life would have been better in Africa? Where, to this day, slavery still exists. But, then again, I guess its OK since its black on black slavery.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:49 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,704,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-iron View Post
And the Irish? What about them? Were they included in the National Origins act? Because Homie they were shi*&ed on when they first came here. But they eventually assimilated.

Dude the Mexicans work there a&^es off here, calling them lazy welfare collected leaches is just foolish.
Actually, under the National Origins Act, there was no quota on Mexicans who came here. They were allowed to immigrate, free of any quotas. Also, I wouldn't compare an Irishman to a Mexican. Afterall, the Irish "wanted" to assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration