U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:08 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,526 times
Reputation: 251

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not when most of those pecentages are illegal aliens. We should establish Spanish as an official language due to the high percentages of illegal invaders who speak that language? Surely you jest! Besides isn't the claim that Hispanics do assimilate? One poster in here even claimed that by 3rd and 4th generation they hardly speak any Spanish. So tell us again why we should adopt Spanish as one of our official languages.
It would help assimilate the millions of Spanish speaking illegal immigrants now living in the U.S. They would be more likely to seek American citizenship if Spanish was the official second U.S. language.

 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,499,672 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
It would help assimilate the millions of Spanish speaking illegal immigrants now living in the U.S. They would be more likely to seek American citizenship if Spanish was the official second U.S. language.
But we don't want them assimilated we want them deported as our laws state! We don't want them to be rewarded with citizenship either. Geez, let me get this straight. We should adopt the language of the illegal invaders as an official language of our country so we can reward them for violating our laws with our precious citizenship? Seek help!
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:25 PM
 
411 posts, read 412,298 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not when most of those pecentages are illegal aliens. We should establish Spanish as an official language due to the high percentages of illegal invaders who speak that language? Surely you jest! Besides isn't the claim that Hispanics do assimilate? One poster in here even claimed that by 3rd and 4th generation they hardly speak any Spanish. So tell us again why we should adopt Spanish as one of our official languages.

This is the new theme among the radicals; "most hispanics are illegals", is this a feel good cry????, the reality is that there are almost 50 million legal spanish people in the usa, many of them for many generations, added to this number over 10 million undocumented, however if saying that there is a very small spanish population in the IS make some people happy, so be it.........
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:27 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,499,672 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
I dunno. Some parts of California embrace the illegals. They seem welcome in the central fresh produce regions. And part of LA (East LA and Santa Anna) seem to be teeming with illegals.
Right, the farmers want the cheap illegal labor and the illegals have taken over both of those cities. That doesn't mean they are being embraced there. It just means that the invaders have outnumbered the citizens there. Guess who the mayor of L.A. is? A Chicano reconquista!
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,499,672 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
This is the new theme among the radicals; "most hispanics are illegals", is this a feel good cry????, the reality is that there are almost 50 million legal spanish people in the usa, many of them for many generations, added to this number over 10 million undocumented, however if saying that there is a very small spanish population in the IS make some people happy, so be it.........
I didn't say that most Hispanics are illegals. I just said that a high percentage of the stats you provided were illegals. No there is not 50 million legal Spanish speaking people in the USA either. Not even close! Besides if the majority are legal and assimilted why would we need to make Spanish a second official language? Most legal Hispanics are bi-lingual which means they know how to speak English.
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:32 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,526 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But we don't want them assimilated we want them deported as our laws state! We don't want them to be rewarded with citizenship either. Geez, let me get this straight. We should adopt the language of the illegal invaders as an official language of our country so we can reward them for violating our laws with our precious citizenship? Seek help!
Opinions differ on this. For example, my opinion clearly differs from yours.
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:33 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,526 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
This is the new theme among the radicals; "most hispanics are illegals", is this a feel good cry????, the reality is that there are almost 50 million legal spanish people in the usa, many of them for many generations, added to this number over 10 million undocumented, however if saying that there is a very small spanish population in the IS make some people happy, so be it.........
A very good point indeed. I wonder if is will sink in to anyone?
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:34 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,499,672 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Opinions differ on this. For example, my opinion clearly differs from yours.
And your opinon differs from the majority of law abiding Americans.
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:35 PM
 
777 posts, read 1,120,526 times
Reputation: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Right, the farmers want the cheap illegal labor and the illegals have taken over both of those cities. That doesn't mean they are being embraced there. It just means that the invaders have outnumbered the citizens there. Guess who the mayor of L.A. is? A Chicano reconquista!
I agree! All the more reason to adopt Spanish as a secondary official language.
 
Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Near the water
8,231 posts, read 11,579,513 times
Reputation: 3877
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
1. The legal immigrants can assilimate to the country that they chose to move to, it's not the responsibility of citizens to assimilate to them.

2. I could care less about the illegals feeling more "welcome". Deport them all now. They are certainly not "welcome". I don't want them seeking citizenship, i want them deported and prevented from returning.



+1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:09 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top