U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:12 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,504,440 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I am successful. All three of my daughters are successful. Both of my sons-in-law are successful. None of us speak Spanish.
Have you ever witnessed such despicable arrogance in your life on the part of these Spanish langauge pushers? This whole country has been successful while remaining a mainly mono-lingual country. English is the language of business all over the world.

 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,411,828 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That's true. However, there was no discussion of Americans learning Celtic, Italian, Polish, or Mandarin during these periods of immigration.

The aforementioned immigrants wanted to be here; they wanted to become citizens. They knew that learning the language was a top priority if they were to get ahead and make a decent life for themselves.

Why is there now discussion of Americans learning Spanish? Could it be that the illegals do not really want to be here; that they do not want to become citizens; that they do not want to make a cecent life for themselves HERE?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Have you ever witnessed such despicable arrogance in your life on the part of these Spanish langauge pushers? This whole country has been successful while remaining a mainly mono-lingual country. English is the language of business all over the world.

The Hispanic pro illegal alien apologists are running scared that they will see their 'pets' deported en masse----------hence their collective illusions of grandeur concerning the importance of Spanish here in the USA. DREAM on!
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,385,256 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That's true. However, there was no discussion of Americans learning Celtic, Italian, Polish, or Mandarin during these periods of immigration.

The aforementioned immigrants wanted to be here; they wanted to become citizens. They knew that learning the language was a top priority if they were to get ahead and make a decent life for themselves.

Why is there now discussion of Americans learning Spanish? Could it be that the illegals do not really want to be here; that they do not want to become citizens; that they do not want to make a cecent life for themselves HERE?
I'm pretty sure the reason the immigrants are here is because they want to be here, because they sure aren't welcome by people like you.

The same could be said for the othe immigrants who knew even less English than their Mexican counterparts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Hispanic pro illegal alien apologists are running scared that they will see their 'pets' deported en masse----------hence their collective illusions of grandeur concerning the importance of Spanish here in the USA. DREAM on!
You know, people are all hyped up about the idea that "they took our jobs" when we both know that very few of the people are going to want to work at McDonalds or out in the fields for hours at a time. A lot of these people are employing them are the same ones who don't like them. I guess when it;s convinient to have them around it's ok as evident by the numerous laws passed in the past 100 years.


It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,411,828 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason the immigrants are here is because they want to be here, because they sure aren't welcome by people like you.

The same could be said for the othe immigrants who knew even less English than their Mexican counterparts.



You know, people are all hyped up about the idea that "they took our jobs" when we both know that very few of the people are going to want to work at McDonalds or out in the fields for hours at a time. A lot of these people are employing them are the same ones who don't like them. I guess when it;s convinient to have them around it's ok as evident by the numerous laws passed in the past 100 years.


It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.
Talk about a slap in the face of the German Jews--------they were citizens of Germany in the 1930's when Hitler came to power.

Memo to thePR: there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens---------and, such talk is also an insult to those Mexican people who came here legally.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,272,596 times
Reputation: 2880
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason the immigrants are here is because they want to be here, because they sure aren't welcome by people like you.

The same could be said for the othe immigrants who knew even less English than their Mexican counterparts.



You know, people are all hyped up about the idea that "they took our jobs" when we both know that very few of the people are going to want to work at McDonalds or out in the fields for hours at a time. A lot of these people are employing them are the same ones who don't like them. I guess when it;s convinient to have them around it's ok as evident by the numerous laws passed in the past 100 years.


It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.

No, people would do the jobs Illegals do if they hadn't scabbed down the wages and benefits. And what do you mean fields and McDonalds? Around here the jobs illegals have taken over are in construction and packing houses -- jobs that had supported families prior to the downturn in wages.

It all boils down to cheap illegal labor and the devestation that brings on a society. It has nothing to do with hitler or mexicans. But nice try attempting to divert the discussion, though
 
Old 12-02-2009, 08:25 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,504,440 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason the immigrants are here is because they want to be here, because they sure aren't welcome by people like you.

The same could be said for the othe immigrants who knew even less English than their Mexican counterparts.



You know, people are all hyped up about the idea that "they took our jobs" when we both know that very few of the people are going to want to work at McDonalds or out in the fields for hours at a time. A lot of these people are employing them are the same ones who don't like them. I guess when it;s convinient to have them around it's ok as evident by the numerous laws passed in the past 100 years.


It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.
Who's anti-"immigration"? It is illegal immigration we object to. Same old spin by the pro-illegals.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,385,256 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Talk about a slap in the face of the German Jews--------they were citizens of Germany in the 1930's when Hitler came to power.

Memo to thePR: there is a difference between legal immigrants and illegal aliens---------and, such talk is also an insult to those Mexican people who came here legally.
It doesn't matter where they were, they were still blamed and legal immigrants are still not completely accepted. Don't try to spin this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
No, people would do the jobs Illegals do if they hadn't scabbed down the wages and benefits. And what do you mean fields and McDonalds? Around here the jobs illegals have taken over are in construction and packing houses -- jobs that had supported families prior to the downturn in wages.

It all boils down to cheap illegal labor and the devestation that brings on a society. It has nothing to do with hitler or mexicans. But nice try attempting to divert the discussion, though
Fields like in California, a large population of immigrants work picking strawberries. The reason they have jobs there of course is because of lower wages but they had the opportunity to do so because who wanted to do that?

I wasn't diverting, I was adding.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,411,828 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
It doesn't matter where they were, they were still blamed and legal immigrants are still not completely accepted. Don't try to spin this.
I suggest that you back down..........comparing the Jews and the Holocaust to illegal aliens is deceptive---------at best and very insulting at worst.

Besides: some legal immigrants are not fully accepted since they typically try to hang onto their ancestral culture instead of assimilating. And in all fairness; it is the first US born generation that oftentimes has it worse than their immigrant parents (I know from personal experience) since they are in a cultural no man's land.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,775 posts, read 7,798,960 times
Reputation: 13083
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
I'm pretty sure the reason the immigrants are here is because they want to be here, because they sure aren't welcome by people like you.

The same could be said for the othe immigrants who knew even less English than their Mexican counterparts.



You know, people are all hyped up about the idea that "they took our jobs" when we both know that very few of the people are going to want to work at McDonalds or out in the fields for hours at a time. A lot of these people are employing them are the same ones who don't like them. I guess when it;s convinient to have them around it's ok as evident by the numerous laws passed in the past 100 years.


It all boils down to having someone to blaim. Hitler had the Jews, anti-immigration people have the Mexicans.
Why don't you try answering my question? Why, when European and Asian immigrants entered the USA none of them asked for one of their languages to become our 'second' language.

I'm really curious to know why 'they' are not inclined to learn English.

And, p.s., I worked at a fast food burger joint when I was young; actually, I was one of the first, if not THE first female to work in such a place.
 
Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Chicagoland
4,028 posts, read 6,385,256 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I suggest that you back down..........comparing the Jews and the Holocaust to illegal aliens is deceptive---------at best and very insulting at worst.

Besides: some legal immigrants are not fully accepted since they typically try to hang onto their ancestral culture instead of assimilating. And in all fairness; it is the first US born generation that oftentimes has it worse than their immigrant parents (I know from personal experience) since they are in a cultural no man's land.
I did not mention the Holocaust. And I'm not saying anything bad about Jewish people, rather the people who treated them badly. I suggest you understand what's going on before you jump to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Why don't you try answering my question? Why, when European and Asian immigrants entered the USA none of them asked for one of their languages to become our 'second' language.

I'm really curious to know why 'they' are not inclined to learn English.

And, p.s., I worked at a fast food burger joint when I was young; actually, I was one of the first, if not THE first female to work in such a place.
Times were different back then, less rights, less expectations. In fact, many immigrants did not know English. I would bet that the immigrants now know more English (whether good or bad) than those back then.

And how old are you? Fast food places differ from city to city so that's not the best example, but working in the fields is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top