Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
I agree! All the more reason to adopt Spanish as a secondary official language.
Somehow I missed your distorted reasoning here.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:55 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
It would help assimilate the millions of Spanish speaking illegal immigrants now living in the U.S. They would be more likely to seek American citizenship if Spanish was the official second U.S. language.
Bottom line: most Americans do not want that riffraff here in the USA-----------I certainly have no use for illegal aliens. Frankly: it needs to be tougher to become an American as it is; read that English only----------which would force out quite a few legal immigrants as well who cannot (or will not) toe the line.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:58 PM

804 posts, read 2,892,050 times
I do not agree. Make english MANDATORY and fail any children in school who do not know how to speak english correctly. I have not problem with immigrants if they adapt and give it there all to learn the language and flow into society instead of trying to flow against it.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearnofish View Post
I do not agree. Make english MANDATORY and fail any children in school who do not know how to speak english correctly. I have not problem with immigrants if they adapt and give it there all to learn the language and flow into society instead of trying to flow against it.
There you go. If the la raza types scream racism or prejudice-----------they can leave the USA and go back to that toxic waste dump AKA Mexico.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:48 PM

776 posts, read 1,275,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
Right, the farmers want the cheap illegal labor and the illegals have taken over both of those cities. That doesn't mean they are being embraced there. It just means that the invaders have outnumbered the citizens there. Guess who the mayor of L.A. is? A Chicano reconquista!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal
I agree! All the more reason to adopt Spanish as a secondary official language.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Somehow I missed your distorted reasoning here.
Since farmers want the cheap illegal labor and the illegals have taken over both of those cities we should adopt Spanish as a secondary official language.

Since the mayor of L.A. is a Chicano reconquista we should adopt Spanish as a secondary official language.

There. That wasn't so distorted, was it?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Ha ha! HA! Funniest. Post. Evar!!!

You were just kidding around. Weren't you?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:50 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,865,432 times
Quote:
It would help assimilate the millions of Spanish speaking illegal immigrants now living in the U.S. They would be more likely to seek American citizenship if Spanish was the official second U.S. language.
I really don't get this. Why would ANY American want them to be legalized? We have already enough uneducated people we need to take care of. The vast majority of them does not speak english, do not want to learn it, have no education at all? What American ( or any other country for that matter ) wants the U.S. to be turned into Mexico? Again, I don't get it.
The illegals did everything you should not do when you move to another country. Broke immigration laws and and stole people's identity. Your average American will go to jail for identity theft. And you want to award them and give them citizenship? accommodate them too? I mean, how dare we expect them to speak english
You gotta be kidding me, right?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:59 PM

411 posts, read 468,560 times
Quote:

Ha,Ha,Ha, this is funny, if to live in the US, people needed to speak english correctly, then more than half of the population would need to go elsewhere, that's the fear of so many radicals in the US, they struggle to deal with one language,to have to deal with in a bilingual society is unthinkable, the fact is, that we already live in a bilingual english/spanish
society, they just don't know it........

Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
I really don't get this. Why would ANY American want them to be legalized? We have already enough uneducated people we need to take care of. The vast majority of them does not speak english, do not want to learn it, have no education at all?
The thing is, most illegals come here to work. Adopting Spanish as a secondary official language would help them in their labors. And they would be more likely to seek citizenship, and then no longer be illegal immigrants. All good, right?

Quote:
What American ( or any other country for that matter ) wants the U.S. to be turned into Mexico? Again, I don't get it.
Adopting Spanish as a secondary official language would not turn America into Mexico. That is just silly talk.

Quote:
The illegals did everything you should not do when you move to another country. Broke immigration laws and and stole people's identity. Your average American will go to jail for identity theft. And you want to award them and give them citizenship? accommodate them too? I mean, how dare we expect them to speak english. You gotta be kidding me, right?
These issues are beyond the topic of this thread. Here we are only concerned with making Spanish an official language of the U.S.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,288,050 times
First it was the Irish, then Italians and Polish then Asians, especially the Chinese now it's the Mexicans. In 100 years it wont matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration