Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2007, 07:53 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
I believe we should grant amnesty to all illegals now, EXCEPT those who are red flagged for deportation IE those who are true criminals and those in our correctional institutions. The ones who have done nothing wrong other than enter the country without going through the process should then have a 5 yr "probation" period where they can't commit a crime or they would be sent back. Once this amnesty is granted, the border should be shut tight. It really is so simple, keep the ones who are productive and deport the TRUE criminal ones then close the border.
You would be in the minority. All the polls say deport them. Just because they do not commit other crimes does not mean they are not a detriment to this country. They take our jobs, they lower our wages, they ruin the quality of our schools, they bring diseases into this country that we have long had a handle on and diseases that this country never had a problem with AND most of all they jump in front of immigrants that follow the rule of law and apply to come here legally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2007, 07:57 PM

26 posts, read 55,351 times
Quote:
1. People calling them "illegals". It is mean-spirited and completely uncharitible. What happened to the charity that the people of this nation are supposed to possess?
I grow tired of people calling the sky blue. I wish to force them to call it green because their words offend me.

Quote:
2. This war against other human beings that is nothing more than a thinly veiled racism.
Racism is when you invade another culture and try to convert it into your own, as the Mexicans are doing to the U.S.

Quote:
3. Absolute fear of learning something new. People don't want Spanish to become prevalent in this country. When I was in college I engaged in a study abroad program in a country where there were 5 languages! It was fantastic! It was really interesting.
That's wonderful. I speak English, German, Swedish, and a little Russian. What does this have to do with illegal aliens in the U.S.?

Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 PM

1,028 posts, read 2,338,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARefugee View Post

Racism is when you invade another culture and try to convert it into your own, as the Mexicans are doing to the U.S.
Dude, I'm opposed to illegal immigration, but that has nothing to do with racism. It may be motivated by racism, as many attacks have been, but no, that's not, in and of itself, the definition of racism. :shakes his head:

Old 06-22-2007, 09:19 PM

101 posts, read 329,801 times
I must say, the argument that English should be some sort of official language in the States is absolutely ridiculous. How can we advocate that when many adults can't even read past the eighth grade level? What does that say about us?

I'm sure that those illegals are stealing the jobs you don't even want. Some of them even pay taxes with their hard earned money.

I hope no money is wasted on building a physical land border. It will not stop people from any country from illegally entering the country.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:18 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
Quote:
I believe we should grant amnesty to all illegals now, EXCEPT those who are red flagged for deportation IE those who are true criminals and those in our correctional institutions. The ones who have done nothing wrong other than enter the country without going through the process should then have a 5 yr "probation" period where they can't commit a crime or they would be sent back. Once this amnesty is granted, the border should be shut tight. It really is so simple, keep the ones who are productive and deport the TRUE criminal ones then close the border.
How many laws do you have to break to be a "true criminal"?
They break the law when they come here
They break the law when they drive without a license.
They break the law when they drive without insurance.
They break the law when they use forged documents to acquire jobs.
They break the law when they work "under the table" and pay no taxes.
Most do at least the first three.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:27 PM

1,787 posts, read 3,850,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbeatishot View Post
I must say, the argument that English should be some sort of official language in the States is absolutely ridiculous. How can we advocate that when many adults can't even read past the eighth grade level? What does that say about us?

I'm sure that those illegals are stealing the jobs you don't even want. Some of them even pay taxes with their hard earned money.

I hope no money is wasted on building a physical land border. It will not stop people from any country from illegally entering the country.
The Senate voted to make English the Official language of the United States on June 7, 2007.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:40 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbeatishot View Post

From the non-partisan site, Immigration Counters.com:

Number of Skilled Jobs Taken by Illegal Aliens 9,872,838 - That's nine MILLION, eight hundred, seventy-two THOUSAND, eight hundred and thirty eight jobs.

Yep, we Americans don't want those skilled jobs. We're all about the burger flipping and the toliet scrubbing.

God that "doing the jobs Americans won't do" crap pisses me off worse than any just about any other part of the illegal alien apologist rote spiel about why they believe it's okay to flaunt the sovereign laws of this country.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:49 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
You would be in the minority. All the polls say deport them. Just because they do not commit other crimes does not mean they are not a detriment to this country. They take our jobs, they lower our wages, they ruin the quality of our schools, they bring diseases into this country that we have long had a handle on and diseases that this country never had a problem with AND most of all they jump in front of immigrants that follow the rule of law and apply to come here legally.
These are mostly opinions, not facts! Aids, gonhorrea, syphilis etc. were not brought in by illegals, and I don't see you going to pick the crops or landscape! The quality of schools is not just to be blamed on the illegals, some but not most of it. The Americans need to take more responsibility for their own created problems rather than find a convenient scapegoat that may couse SOME problems, but not a majority of them.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:09 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
These are mostly opinions, not facts! Aids, gonhorrea, syphilis etc. were not brought in by illegals, and I don't see you going to pick the crops or landscape! The quality of schools is not just to be blamed on the illegals, some but not most of it. The Americans need to take more responsibility for their own created problems rather than find a convenient scapegoat that may couse SOME problems, but not a majority of them.
Wow, you know citigirl? Are you stalking her? Is that how you know that she isn't picking crops (or landscape? Can you pick a landscape?)

Illegal aliens cross America’s borders medically unexamined. We shrug. We do not know what Illegal Aliens carry in their backpacks. We do not know what they carry in their bodies.

Long ago we knew what legal immigrants brought with them. When my grandparents came to America, they kissed the ground of New York’s Ellis Island, then they stripped naked and coughed hard. Every legal immigrant before 1924 was examined for infectious diseases upon arrival and tested for tuberculosis. Anyone infected was shipped back to the old country. That was powerful incentive for each newcomer to make heroic efforts to appear healthy.

Today, legal immigrants must demonstrate that they are free of communicable diseases and drug addiction to qualify for lawful permanent residency Green Cards. What illegals are bringing in can't be treated with a shot of penicillin, like drug resistant tuberculosis.

TB’s swift, deadly return now is lethal for about 60% of those infected. The culprit is the new Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis (MDR-TB).Until recently MDR-TB was endemic to Mexico. The mycobacterium tuberculosis is resistant to at least two major TB drugs. Ordinary TB usually is cured in six months with four drugs (that cost about $2000). MDR-TB takes 24 months with many expensive drugs with toxic side effects (that cost around $250,000). Each Illegal Alien with MDR-TB coughs and infects numerous people who will not show symptoms immediately. Latent disease explodes later, like a time bomb.

Then there is Chagas Disease which has no known cure. Chagas has the revolting nickname of kissing bug disease. The Reduviid bug has parasites that favor the lips and face for infection. That noxious Trypanosoma-Cruzi protozoan annually infects 18 million people in Latin America and causes 50,000 deaths.

Leprosy, a scourge in Biblical days and in medieval Europe, so horribly destroys flesh, faces, and fingers it was called Disease of the Soul. Lepers quarantined in leprosaria sounded noisemakers when they ventured out to warn people to stay far away. Leprosy or Hansen’s Disease was so rare in America that in 40 years only 900 people were afflicted. Suddenly, in the past three years America has more than 7,000 cases of leprosy. Leprosy now is endemic to northeastern states. There are leprosy clinics in New York City. Illegal Aliens and other immigrants brought leprosy from India, Brazil, the Caribbean, and Mexico.

Dengue Fever is exceptionally rare in America though common in Ecuador, Peru, Viet Nam, Thailand, Bangladesh, Malaysia, and Mexico. Recently there was a virulent outbreak of Dengue Fever on the Webb County, Texas, border with Mexico. Though Dengue usually is not a fatal disease, Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever, is one strain of the disease that routinely kills.

Polio, Malaria, Kawasaki Disease, Hepatitis A, B, and C, the deadly Marburg disease, the list goes on and on. Truthfully, I'd rather have a good old fashioned sexually transmitted disease that can be erradicated with a dose of penicillin instead of Marburg with symptoms mimicking that of the deadly Ebola virus. An infected person hemorages to death from every bodily orifice, including the pores of the skin. What a lovely way to go.

This is what you and the rest of the illegal alien apologists are inviting into our country on a free ride.

America--hospital to the world.

Thanks a lot.

Old 06-22-2007, 11:20 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Like I said, they cause SOME problems, and some of these communicable diseases are one of them, but I get tired of EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM IN AMERICA being blamed on the illegals especially crime, education economy and degrading of a culture, we in this country are causing these plenty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration