U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Then let's not have anyone alive then...Since people could be raped.

 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,775 posts, read 7,378,463 times
Reputation: 13043
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Then let's not have anyone alive then...Since people could be raped.
That is a retort with no merit whatsoever.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Isolated incidents? Tell that to the 1 million rape victims of illegal aliens. Tell that to the families of the thousands of murder victims of illegals. It may be an isolated incident to you, but if you were a victim, or had friends or relatives who were victims, you would sing a different tune.
Isolated events. Sorry, but again you miss the point entirely. Actually my dad was hit by an illegal immigrant. Look, I know somebody that was raped by an illegal immigrant. I don't blame that on their status. I blame it on the individual. I know another girl who was claims to have been raped by a C-list celeb. Should I state that the person being a C-lister led them to rape this girl? NO.

I take it that you've not beat up a person for raping your friend. That you've not held that person and stayed up with them. I take it that you've not had to help that person testify in court. I've been there.

That's why I know that it's not being illegal or being a c-lister, or any other stupid broad generalization you want to throw.

That attribute does not predispose a person towards rape.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That is a retort with no merit whatsoever.
Same logic you used buddy...So if my retort has no merit yet uses the same logic...that means that your argument is moot.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:48 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,076,921 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

If you think that's bad, how about the person who didn't understand the conversation and posted on and on about how illegal immigration predisposes to rape. The way the poster did it was post articles of illegal immigrants who raped people. Yet, the poster could have done the same with any number of characteristics.

So in order to decrease rape...ABORT ALL BABIES...that way humans die and there is no rape. Do you see the logic I used. A group CAN commit B, so we have no more of A group (despite that A may not commit rape more so than any other group). Hence the flaw.

Hopefully you'll understand...It's pretty simple.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:50 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times
Reputation: 2797
I don't think being an illegal alien predisposes a person to be a rapist. However, it is true that if illegal aliens were not here, they would not have had the opportunity to victimize citizens of this country and we would have millions of people today that would not be victims of those crimes. Yes, US citizens commit far too many crimes too, but the crimes of illegal aliens could be prevented if we enforced the laws already written.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Isolated events. Sorry, but again you miss the point entirely. Actually my dad was hit by an illegal immigrant. Look, I know somebody that was raped by an illegal immigrant. I don't blame that on their status. I blame it on the individual. I know another girl who was claims to have been raped by a C-list celeb. Should I state that the person being a C-lister led them to rape this girl? NO.

I take it that you've not beat up a person for raping your friend. That you've not held that person and stayed up with them. I take it that you've not had to help that person testify in court. I've been there.

That's why I know that it's not being illegal or being a c-lister, or any other stupid broad generalization you want to throw.

That attribute does not predispose a person towards rape.
Yes, they are individuals. But they are individuals who shouldn’t be here, and need to be deported. Ignoring this problem will not make it disappear. We need to aggressively pursue this scum -- not attempt to hide the fact that they exist.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
i dont know, for me i think its this board. because otherwise i never really gave someones legal status a second thought. i dont see a threat posed by illegals.

drug dealers. rapists. kidnappers. molesters. i totally see the threat. those are the ones i have mostly been concerned with in my neighborhoods.

ive been able to peacefully coexist with immigrants (illegal or otherwise), as have most people around town. but now i do find myself leering. even to the point of wanting to ask them if they are here legally(which of course i dont).

this board has made me more suspicious i think. like i said i dont know if its a good or a bad thing.

thanks for your reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is only human nature. Given the sheer numbers of Hispanic illegal aliens in this country, I believe many people can relate to your feelings. I do the same. It has nothing whatsoever to do with being anti any ethnic group; it’s simply the result of massive illegal immigration comprised primarily of one ethnic group.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 02:50 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i dont know, for me i think its this board. because otherwise i never really gave someones legal status a second thought. i dont see a threat posed by illegals.

drug dealers. rapists. kidnappers. molesters. i totally see the threat. those are the ones i have mostly been concerned with in my neighborhoods.

ive been able to peacefully coexist with immigrants (illegal or otherwise), as have most people around town. but now i do find myself leering. even to the point of wanting to ask them if they are here legally(which of course i dont).

this board has made me more suspicious i think. like i said i dont know if its a good or a bad thing.

thanks for your reply.
For me it's been multi-faceted. Having my house broken into twice by Ilegals. (it's on a early thread, yes they were documented Illegals). Having to rush my roommate to an ER to find it packed with Illegals.

Then just reading it over and over and over. An Illegal killing someone, Illegals doing this, doing that. Getting into accidents, hit and runs.

The bottom line and the most angering about it is THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. I just can't seem to get past the opening line on that.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 03:04 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,680,657 times
Reputation: 2797
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The bottom line and the most angering about it is THEY AREN'T SUPPOSED TO BE HERE. I just can't seem to get past the opening line on that.
Agreed. Illegal immigrants - no matter how you defend them, they are illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top