Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 12:00 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
I have a Quote and a Question...

QUOTE:
La Raza is the largest latino civil rights advocacy group in the US, there to help improve the lives of latinos in the US.

QUESTION:
Why does La Raza not go into Mexico and help improve the lives of latinos there instead of advocating improvement after they have entered into the US?.
I can answer that Steve. The answer is that La Raza (National Council of La Raza) is an American organization and not a Mexican organization. It is not even for members from Mexico only. It is for anyone who is Hispanic or Latino. That means that anyone from Puerto Rico to Brazil and living in the US is welcome to join. Hope this answers your question.

Here is more for a better understanding....

National Council of La Raza

Notice at the very top of the page it says, "NCLR works to improve the opportunities of Hispanic Americans".

Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're delusional. Joe Arapaio wasn't silenced by anyone and Dobbs wasn't fired. Look for the real racist pigs to be brought to their knees when they don't get their amnesty for illegal aliens. We will never tolerate racist, ethnocentrics with an anti-American agenda in our country.
More and more: I think the real reason that illegal aliens from Mexico want amnesty is because their country is on the brink of civil war/implosion courtesy of the drug cartels. Just take a look at Juarez these days.

That stated: all the more reason to close/lock our southern border using the US military as backup.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I love how people feel threaten about a group called La Raza, which people are interpreting as The Race. As we all know, you can not translate spanish into english and expect the same meaning. La Raza means brotherhood. But of course, you english only speaking folks wouldn't understand that. La Raza is the largest latino civil rights advocacy group in the US, there to help improve the lives of Latinos in the US. They help Latinos with education, discrimination, poverty, housing and other legal issues. Why don't you folks talk negatively about the NAACP? La Raza is a positive organization that does nothing but good for the community. So stop trying to paint a negative picture on something that is positive and beneficial to many people in the community.
Well; it would behoove NCLR, MEChA, etc. to change their names to ones using the English language. LULAC is a good example.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:51 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,317,510 times
"Brotherhood" still means the same thing in essence. It is only an advocacy group for one ethnic group so what is the difference? Look up the word brotherhood in the dictionary. I think that all race based groups should be banished. It just creates divisiness in our country. Brotherhood translated into Spanish is "fraternidad" not "raza". So it should be the NCLF not the NCLR for clarity.

Last edited by chicagonut; 11-15-2009 at 07:03 AM..

Old 11-15-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well; it would behoove NCLR, MEChA, etc. to change their names to ones using the English language. LULAC is a good example.
Yeah it is odd that "National and Council" are English words and yet "La Raza" is not.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Yeah it is odd that "National and Council" are English words and yet "La Raza" is not.
Good catch.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Only extremely naive people would beleive that this fat slob Lou Dobbs was not fired......
And only ethnocentric racists would believe that he was.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I love how people feel threaten about a group called La Raza, which people are interpreting as The Race. As we all know, you can not translate spanish into english and expect the same meaning. La Raza means brotherhood. But of course, you english only speaking folks wouldn't understand that. La Raza is the largest latino civil rights advocacy group in the US, there to help improve the lives of Latinos in the US. They help Latinos with education, discrimination, poverty, housing and other legal issues. Why don't you folks talk negatively about the NAACP? La Raza is a positive organization that does nothing but good for the community. So stop trying to paint a negative picture on something that is positive and beneficial to many people in the community.
No, brotherhood means "fraternidad" in Spanish. Prove me wrong!

La Raza goes beyond helping to improve Latino lives in the U.S. They also advocate for illegal aliens who are mostly of their ethnic kind. They call anyone who objects to them or an amnesty, racists and xenophobes. Try telling the whole story of what they advocate for not just part of it.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:25 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
I don't need to impress anyone. I'm too old for that. I just think it is funny that after acussing me of diverting the topic, you can't debate on the topic. Obviously, you can't tell me what it means. But most importantly in what context it is used.

So I we were discussing whether Lou Dobbs is a racist or a patriot...say something or just
I discussed this topic a long time ago, did you read the first page or you just went ahead and tried to make yourself look like a heroe/heroine with your assimilation/double nationality off topic posts. Also people in glass houses should not be calling others hypocrites. Do you know what that word means? here's a link hypocrite - Definition Sounds like people who bash others for using Spanish and claim they never speak it themselves while there is enough evidence that they do use it, fit that definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonas View Post
Save your lectures about my profile. Which reminds me that the saying in my profile is intended for hypocrites like you.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
If the NAACP aggressively advocated for amnesty for illegal aliens of the Negroid race, and encourages them to protest and demand rights they have not earned, and vilified all who oppose them, I would consider them as repugnant as La Raza. The NAACP fought for rights for citizens of this country, not foreign invaders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration