Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:58 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,043,506 times

Advertisements

Though he was not clear as to the reason why he is leaving CNN, he says he is leaving CNN for new opportunities.

He issued this statement:

Quote:
some leaders in media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond the role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem solving as well as to contribute positively to the great understanding of the issues of our day.

In Surprise, Lou Dobbs Quits CNN | TuscaloosaNews.com | The Tuscaloosa News | Tuscaloosa, AL

I honestly thought he would fight it all the way but suprisingly he did not.

From the Washington Post:

[quote]Framing his move as a response to the urging of “some leaders in media, politics and business,” Dobbs struck a populist tone, attempting to position himself as a political leader who would mount a campaign “to overcome the lack of true representation in Washington, D.C.” He said that public debate was now defined by “partisanship and ideology” and that he would continue to speak out “in the most honest and direct language possible.”{/quote]

washingtonpost.com

Last edited by linicx; 11-13-2009 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: It is a TOS violation to quote more than two sentences from any source.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:14 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
It's no surprise at all. Once the 'latino' activists, NCLR, Lulac, the ACLU and such luminaries as Luis Gutierrez and Ruben Navarette begin circling like a flock of vultures protected by Political Correctness, it is only a matter of time. This will be widely celebrated as a great victory by non-English speaking people with 7th grade educations everywhere.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:35 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,057,963 times
I wonder what really happened. We might never found out. Maybe CNN force him to resign because he was becoming a liability. I'm sure this is related to the shooting at his home. I wonder what CNN is gonna do with that spot, Kitty is kind of boring but maybe she will develop a personality. I do hope though they get rid of those blurry glowring cameras, I feel like I'm watching ghosts and not human beings.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:37 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
21 million illegals here fairly united in purpose have silenced the media.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:57 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Is this censorship? Can we expect other individuals and groups who dare to speak against this invasion silenced?

I believe it involves much more than his stance on illegal immigration. Not only were illegal alien apologists angered by Lou’s reporting of illegal immigration, he also reported on corruption within our government and high-powered special interest groups. I believe we are embarking upon a time in which there will be limited freedom of speech, unless said speech conforms to the agendas of the powers that be.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I wonder what really happened. We might never found out. Maybe CNN force him to resign because he was becoming a liability. I'm sure this is related to the shooting at his home. I wonder what CNN is gonna do with that spot, Kitty is kind of boring but maybe she will develop a personality. I do hope though they get rid of those blurry glowring cameras, I feel like I'm watching ghosts and not human beings.
Sounds like John King will be replacing him.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:42 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,491,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is this censorship? Can we expect other individuals and groups who dare to speak against this invasion silenced?

I believe it involves much more than his stance on illegal immigration. Not only were illegal alien apologists angered by Lou’s reporting of illegal immigration, he also reported on corruption within our government and high-powered special interest groups. I believe we are embarking upon a time in which there will be limited freedom of speech, unless said speech conforms to the agendas of the powers that be.
Freedom is shaped by money here in the US. When it is all said and done, CNN is nothing more than a business. If Lou Dobbs is hurting the companies bottom line then he is cut.

Maybe he should go into a non-profit role to prove he wasn't just saying all of those things for the ratings.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Freedom is shaped by money here in the US. When it is all said and done, CNN is nothing more than a business. If Lou Dobbs is hurting the companies bottom line then he is cut.

Maybe he should go into a non-profit role to prove he wasn't just saying all of those things for the ratings.
I am fairly sure that Dobbs believed in what he spoke about. He wasn't doing it for the ratings. Besides aren't the illegal alien advocates claiming that his ratings were going down due to his stance on this issue with a little help from la raza?

Old 11-12-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I am fairly sure that Dobbs believed in what he spoke about. He wasn't doing it for the ratings. Besides aren't the illegal alien advocates claiming that his ratings were going down due to his stance on this issue with a little help from la raza?
His ratings were in deed declining. What Mach is saying is that if he trully worked for what he believed, his salary will not matter to him and will consider going into non-profit. Afterall, he considers himself to be an advocacy journalist.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
His ratings were in deed declining. What Mach is saying is that if he trully worked for what he believed, his salary will not matter to him and will consider going into non-profit. Afterall, he considers himself to be an advocacy journalist.
A person still has to earn a living. What better way to earn a living then to be able to express one's political or other views and get paid for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration