Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:51 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times

Advertisements

Why? I visited mexico and the country has no jobs (except Mexico City)- why isnt your president being blamed- why can't you all hold him accountable?????????

I am confused.....

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 07:55 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,274,023 times
Good ole Vincente does all but carry their bags for them as they cross the boarder, swim the river OR get in one of the many trucks that carry them across the boarder...

Old 05-13-2007, 07:57 PM

430 posts, read 1,390,164 times
A LOT of Mexicans were (and still are) angry with fox, -he barely won. But he was only a small part of the problem, the new president Calderon has been accused of vote fraud and many in Mexico do not consider him to be the legitimate president of Mexico. There has been sometimes violent protests in southern Mexico, though the violence was more from the police.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:02 PM

430 posts, read 1,390,164 times
I should also mention that President Calderon has said he has close relatives in the U.S. who refuses to discuss their legal status. However, I believe (though I am not sure) that he referred to relatives of his in the U.S. WITHOUT PAPERS.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 PM

126 posts, read 548,390 times
I responded w/this in another thread:

"Hear, Hear! Now that's the question I'm asking...why aren't all of these illegals, who are here, dis-respecting our country, stealing us blind, threatening our way of life....talking trash about us...the very hand that feeds them.....why aren't they PO'd at their own government, staying put and demanding reform in their own society? Why aren't they in Mexico, waving their flag about, screaming in the streets about their rights in Mexico....not their supposed rights in the US?!
Maybe it has something to do with the free ride they get here....."

I really, really, would like to know why they don't stay, clean up their own mess, overthrow their own government, effect change there?!?
Really, why is it easier for them to be here? Like I said, already....I truly believe it's because of the free ride mentality....

Old 05-13-2007, 11:43 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,658,742 times
Mexico has never really ever had a federal government that looks after the poor. Their government has almost always been corrupt. It's like you can't miss what you have never had. They are not angry at Fox because he is everything they expect out of a Mexican president, and for the most part, Mexico's only social welfare program is encouraging its citizens to go north to the USA and send back dollars. On the other hand, Mexicans know they can go north and scream, yell, and protest and get exactly what they want. They expect to get social welfare benefits here, they expect to get citizenship even though they know they are breaking our law. Precedent has been set with the Reagan amnesty. And in the end if they don't get what they want they will probably be a more violent threat than al queda. There are just too many of the criminals already here.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 AM

1,608 posts, read 9,723,269 times
Why arent Mexicans angry with Vicente Fox?

They're too busy jumping the border to get into America! They'd rather illegally come here (waiving their Mexican flags) than to fix the problems of their own country. Go figure!

Old 05-14-2007, 07:36 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
Question ok-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Mexico has never really ever had a federal government that looks after the poor. Their government has almost always been corrupt. It's like you can't miss what you have never had. They are not angry at Fox because he is everything they expect out of a Mexican president, and for the most part, Mexico's only social welfare program is encouraging its citizens to go north to the USA and send back dollars. On the other hand, Mexicans know they can go north and scream, yell, and protest and get exactly what they want. They expect to get social welfare benefits here, they expect to get citizenship even though they know they are breaking our law. Precedent has been set with the Reagan amnesty. And in the end if they don't get what they want they will probably be a more violent threat than al queda. There are just too many of the criminals already here.

Then maybe a good idea would be for the US to help him with ideas to change the social system there????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????I dont understand why the US is left holding the problem and why our admin is doing NOTHING.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:27 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,658,742 times
We could go down to Mexico with a Marshall type plan and invest 50 billion dollars but Mexico is so corrupt much of it would be pocketed by the crooked government officials.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,722,177 times
Bush would never go for it. He wants the US, Canada and Mexico to be one big happy country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration