U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2009, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,762 times
Reputation: 91

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The former parents didn’t teach their children to disrespect this country. They also didn’t teach their children to have no allegiance. No one has control over to whom or where they are born. It sickens me that these parasites have been able to exploit this country through their children. I have no respect for them, and the children should hold the same illegal status as their parents.

BTW, is this a personal issue for you?
Parasites? Wow, strong words to call a group of people who work hard to provide a better future for their families. Nice to know you think of human beings as parasites.

Maybe that child of an illegal will be that doctor who will save your life oneday...you never know.

To answer your other question, no it is not personal. I was born and raised in New York City. So were my parents. My Grand parents came from Puerto Rico to the US in the late 1940s, and they came as US citizens. As you know (or may not), Puerto Ricans are US citzens by birth.

So, no, it's not personal. Is it personal for you?

 
Old 11-13-2009, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,762 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't know what you mean that "anchor babies" are just as bad as their illegal parents. I have heard no one say that. What bothers Americans is that we are having to support them because of the illegal actions of their parents. The baby didn't have a choice being born here. It is the parents who are the culprits. They give birth on our soil and therefore anchor "themselves" on to our country by doing so.

If the parents are deported you think they should leave their children behind? I don't think so. What kind of family values would that be? Mexico for one thing offers dual citizenship. A U.S. born child of illegal parents should be with their parents in their homeland. If they so choose when they are 18 years old they can return here.

According to the 14th Amendment children of illegal aliens born on our soil are just as American as anyone else but I do think that the birthright amendment clause needs to be re-interpreted. It isn't what what intended when it was written. Most countries require that a child born on their soil has to have at least one citizen parent in order for the child to instantly qualify. I think this is the sane approach especially since the 14th is being mis-interpreted and abused.
You say we are forced to support anchor kids. How so? Also, you can argue that our laws were "intended" for a whole bunch of other things. I love the quote of "All men are created equal..." yet salvery was legal.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Parasites? Wow, strong words to call a group of people who work hard to provide a better future for their families. Nice to know you think of human beings as parasites.

To answer your other question, no it is not personal. I was born and raised in New York City. So were my parents. My Grand parents came from Puerto Rico to the US in the late 1940s, and they came as US citizens. As you know (or may not), Puerto Ricans are US citzens by birth.

So, no, it's not personal. Is it personal for you?
Yes, illegals who come here to play the system through their children are indeed parasites. I donít consider all illegal aliens to be parasites, just the ones who are here to suck at the taxpayersí teat; and there are many. Yes, it is very personal for me, because these people are using this country to the max.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:00 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I don't know, is it?
Don't play dumb. You know very well that the illegals and their supporters have decided they don't like our immigration laws because it doesn't agree with their views so therefore they snub their noses at them.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,762 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, illegals who come here to play the system through their children are indeed parasites. I don’t consider all illegal aliens to be parasites, just the ones who are here to suck at the taxpayers’ teat; and there are many. Yes, it is very personal for me, because these people are using this country to the max.
Really...and those that pay into US tax coffers and never receive any benefit? Who is enjoying all that money? You act like they come and collect welfare and watch novelas...or do they go out and bust their backs working?

Now, we all know illegal immigration is not acceptable, but no need to get nasty and stoop low.
For you to be that angry where you call people parasites, it IS very personal for you it seems. And you are probably consumed by it too. Sorry about that.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,762 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't play dumb. You know very well that the illegals and their supporters have decided they don't like our immigration laws because it doesn't agree with their views so therefore they snub their noses at them.
Really..playing dumb. Now we are getting personal? Doesn't suprise me from reading your posts. You sound like a very bitter and angry person.

So where is the poll data which you refer to? What data do you have that you suggest that the vast majority of Latinos suppport illegal immigration. Where is the data (polls, interviews) showing this majority opinion. You make statements out of opinion or facts? If you have facts...back it up with links to the data.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Really...and those that pay into US tax coffers and never receive any benefit? How is enjoying all that money? You act like they come and collect welfare and watch novelas...or do they go out and bust their backs working?
For you to be that angry where you call people parasites, it IS very personal for you it seems. And you are probably consumed by it too. Sorry about that.
And the above illegal alien losers are dragging down wages for many blue collar Americans------------especially US citizens 'of color' on a per capita basis.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:08 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
You say we are forced to support anchor kids. How so? Also, you can argue that our laws were "intended" for a whole bunch of other things. I love the quote of "All men are created equal..." yet salvery was legal.
Many illegal aliens collect welfare for their U.S. born kids along with us educating them and providing healthcare for them. If they weren't here and weren't giving birth on our soil our tax dollars would not be supporting them. I am not just "saying" that the 14th amendment wasn't intended to include children born of illegal aliens the amendment itself states that. Our PC Supreme Court has misinterpreted it for a long time.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Really...and those that pay into US tax coffers and never receive any benefit? How is enjoying all that money? You act like they come and collect welfare and watch novelas...or do they go out and bust their backs working?
For you to be that angry where you call people parasites, it IS very personal for you it seems. And you are probably consumed by it too. Sorry about that.
People who lie around having babies and expect taxpayers to support them are parasites, and I don’t care where they are from, including the United States. NO illegal alien is eligible to work in this country. Those who do, either work under the table, or use a stolen or fake SSN. Have you considered the millions of citizens whose lives are ruined because illegals are using their ID? Or, do you have no concern for them?

No, I am not consumed. I am a concerned citizen who is fed up with this mess.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 318,762 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
People who lie around having babies and expect taxpayers to support them are parasites, and I donít care where they are from, including the United States. NO illegal alien is eligible to work in this country. Those who do, either work under the table, or use a stolen or fake SSN. Have you considered the millions of citizens whose lives are ruined because illegals are using their ID? Or, do you have no concern for them?
Millions? And yes, all those fake SSNs that the US teasury collects taxes on. Why do you think they invented the ITIN? To keep collecting. Let's not play the victims here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top