U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Umm...he wasn't making generalizations. He was being somewhat poetic. Trying to "paint a picture" if you will, of what an unemployed person is like. See, no generalizations about broad groups of people were made.
In case you donít know. Those unemployed citizens worked to earn their benefits. Furthermore, you never know when you might find yourself without a job. Itís annoying to hear someone belittle the millions of unemployed citizens of this country. They are not all sitting around watching TV, eating, and waiting to collect their next check. His comments were an affront to millions of citizens who have worked all of their lives and unfortunately find themselves victims of our tanking economy and corporate greed. I find no humor in it.

 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 319,156 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Dementia, John C.H.?
As long as you understand I am not pro-illegal. Don't get it twisted.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,084,608 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In case you don’t know. Those unemployed citizens worked to earn their benefits. Furthermore, you never know when you might find yourself without a job. It’s annoying to hear someone belittle the millions of unemployed citizens of this country. They are not all sitting around watching TV, eating, and waiting to collect their next check. His comments were an affront to millions of citizens who have worked all of their lives and unfortunately find themselves victims of our tanking economy and corporate greed. I find no humor in it.
Look I'm underemployed, it's a recession. There was no belittlement, but rather showing the same agnst that you display over illegal immigrants. Compassion should be for ALL people, not those geographically lucky.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 319,156 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In case you don’t know. Those unemployed citizens worked to earn their benefits. Furthermore, you never know when you might find yourself without a job. It’s annoying to hear someone belittle the millions of unemployed citizens of this country. They are not all sitting around watching TV, eating, and waiting to collect their next check. His comments were an affront to millions of citizens who have worked all of their lives and unfortunately find themselves victims of our tanking economy and corporate greed. I find no humor in it.
Oh..it's not the illegal's fault? I find no humor in people attacking others for wanting to live a better life. I find no humor with people on your side calling people parasites. I find no humor in people asking why people immigrate here and why don't they just stay home (if that were so, the USA we know today would not be) So there....we all have opinions. It's funny how you are so offended when general statements are made at a "group" of people, but have no issues doing the same with others.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
As long as you understand I am not pro-illegal. Don't get it twisted.
I hear you. You are not pro-illegal. You just defend and support them, and would like to see them legalized. You also consider it comic relief to denigrate unemployed citizens, while heralding the virtues of illegal aliens. How on earth could anyone mistake you for being pro-illegal?
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:30 PM
 
3,536 posts, read 5,084,608 times
Reputation: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hear you. You are not pro-illegal. You just defend and support them, and would like to see them legalized. You also consider it comic relief to denigrate unemployed citizens, while heralding the virtues of illegal aliens. How on earth could anyone mistake you for being pro-illegal?
Again a reflection in the mirror...
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 319,156 times
Reputation: 91
I am for solutions. Secure the border..and do NOT LET ANYONE IN. We let them in and everyone is crying bloody murder. We have people here for years and decades. If anyone thinks the United States is going to round them all up and deport them is smoking some good stuff. Never going to happen. So what to do with all these folks. Legalized them...no other option. But, before that...the border must be sealed tight. It is in our country's best interest to legalize these folks as we need the tax revenue. Pay a fine, and take the steps to legalization. These people did not commit murder, rape or some other felony. And they are not criminals until they are convicted in a court of law of a crime. It's simple mathematics. Hello, SS is going broke...many states are broke. Many states would benefit too. Why have these people here and not contribute 100%. Remember, they're not going anywhere! Pro-illegal for me is someone who is cool with people coming in illegally and living here as if it were all good. That I am not.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Oh..it's not the illegal's fault? I find no humor in people attacking others for wanting to live a better life. I find no humor with people on your side calling people parasites. I find no humor in people asking why people immigrate here and why don't they just stay home (if that were so, the USA we know today would not be) So there....we all have opinions. It's funny how you are so offended when general statements are made at a "group" of people, but have no issues doing the same with others.
We have legal immigration. As a matter of fact, we welcome more immigrants legally into this country than all countries combined. Yet, it is never enough. Now, we are expected to embrace 20+ million foreigners who have no respect for this country; have no problem marching in our streets waving foreign flags while they desecrate our flag; and have the temerity to DEMAND legalization.

I really donít care what you think of me. I do not apologize for opposing illegal immigration, and I have every right to feel disdain toward people who are abusing our generosity. Let them respect this country by abiding by our laws. Then, and only then, will I respect them.

On the other hand, you have no right to spit on hardworking citizens of this country who have the misfortune of being unemployed. Perhaps you can channel some of your compassion for illegals onto the citizens of this country.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
277 posts, read 319,156 times
Reputation: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I hear you. You are not pro-illegal. You just defend and support them, and would like to see them legalized. You also consider it comic relief to denigrate unemployed citizens, while heralding the virtues of illegal aliens. How on earth could anyone mistake you for being pro-illegal?
You are anti-american values, I can say that about you too.
 
Old 11-13-2009, 10:40 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
I am for solutions. Secure the border..and do NOT LET ANYONE IN. We let them in and everyone is crying bloody murder. We have people here for years and decades. If anyone thinks the United States is going to round them all up and deport them is smoking some good stuff. Never going to happen. So what to do with all these folks. Legalized them...no other option. But, before that...the border must be sealed tight. It is in our country's best interest to legalize these folks as we need the tax revenue. Pay a fine, and take the steps to legalization. These people did not commit murder, rape or some other felony. And they are not criminals until they are convicted in a court of law of a crime. It's simple mathematics. Hello, SS is going broke...many states are broke. Many states would benefit too. Why have these people here and not contribute 100%. Remember, they're not going anywhere! Pro-illegal for me is someone who is cool with people coming in illegally and living here as if it were all good. That I am not.
Don't bet on it. Goodnight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top