Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsamalandrino View Post
If there are 15 million Americans looking for a job because they desperately need money then they should work for the same wages as Mexicans do , because Mexicans can live with those wages and still have a couple of bucks to send to there families in Mexico so I wonder why cant Americans do the same, if Mexicans can live with those wages I’m guessing so can Americans .

And for the person that said that people in Mexico don’t starve I suggest you go to la huasteca or other communities outside the city and see because there are a lot of people starving I donate 17 boxes of food each month and trust they need it, people cant live out of tortillas and beans

And you are right Mexico its not a poor country but it happens that all of the money its in politicians pockets and 60 % of the population lives in extreme poverty I live here I know what happens

If you would really know how 60% of the population live, what they eat , how they survive maybe you wouldn’t hate us so much.

I imagine that it must be hard loosing a job for a foreigner but can it be possible for you to stop looking at nationalities and skin colors and start looking at them as people just like you that have needs a family to support they are doing their best to put food on the table and maybe it was a job that an American wanted but what difference does it make if it’s a Mexican or an American an illegal or legal doing the job , they both want the same and well maybe one is getting paid less but maybe is because he is more desperate for money I believe that we are both the same the only difference it’s a passport one is green one is blue but we all want and are the same just people.

I hope it never happens to any of you, but if you ever need a blood transfusion will you say that you want American blood ? is there a way to tell a persons nationality by their blood?, if they are illegal or legal? No, so what difference makes who gets the job done .
All the more reason for the Mexican people to stay and fight for their rights SOB.

As another poster stated: it is not the responsibility of us Americans to bail you folks out.

Hindsight being 20/20; perhaps we should have taken all of Mexico in 1848-------God knows the people there would be much more affluent.

Side note: the most recent occupier of Mexico was France; the French finally did not leave till 1867.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
The illegals by coming here as criminals, and then working for pennies, depress wages for American citizens. LOTS of jobs are jobs that Americans WILL do for decent wages! Construction jobs used to pay $18/hour years ago - now they pay $9 because there are so many illegals being employed. It has to stop. Companies, because of their greed, don't want to pay decent wages - they want their money to go to THEM only - not to workers.

We are not a country that can afford to bring in lots of cheap labor, and then let our own citizens be unemployed. Companies should be required to pay decent living wages to AMERICANS. We don't live like the illegals who pack 20 into a 1-bedroom apartment - that is disgusting behavior, and as many have said in this forum, it ruins our neighborhoods. Would you like to have a flophouse next door?

Old 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM

12 posts, read 47,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Few quick notes here:

#1: illegal immigration is a crime------'nuff said.

#2: the Great Depression happened 9 years after the borders were closed in 1920.

#3: the owner of the hamburger joint either was not offering enough $$$ to prospective hires and/or did not know how to manage his business.

#4: Mexico, the source of most illegals, is not poor-----in fact, few of their citizens are starving.
I beg to differ- I lived there for many years as a child and have been back many times since. If they're not starving and poor than why are there children selling gum in the streets at three o'clock in the morning in Tijuana? I've had some of those children take me home with them on several occasions to meet their families and they were living in corrugated shacks with their entire extended families with no floors or indoor plumbing. So, you're full of ****. There are entire hillsides filled with identical shacks, dirt roads, trash and feces in the streets, stray dogs and cats, dirty, hungry little children with their ribs showing.
People are indeed starving to death there. Open your eyes. Take a trip down to one of the places that aren't tourist traps where there is a huge influx of American money. The living conditions are appalling and heart breaking. Little kids with shriveled stick arms and legs and their ribs showing will attack you for food or money because they're so hungry they'll do ANYTHING to eat again; including prostituting themselves. Don't even get me started on the child prostitution that some parents put their kids into just so the family will have food on the table. Wake the hell up.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:00 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsuperwoman77 View Post
I beg to differ- I lived there for many years as a child and have been back many times since. If they're not starving and poor than why are there children selling gum in the streets at three o'clock in the morning in Tijuana? I've had some of those children take me home with them on several occasions to meet their families and they were living in corrugated shacks with their entire extended families with no floors or indoor plumbing. So, you're full of ****. There are entire hillsides filled with identical shacks, dirt roads, trash and feces in the streets, stray dogs and cats, dirty, hungry little children with their ribs showing.
People are indeed starving to death there. Open your eyes. Take a trip down to one of the places that aren't tourist traps where there is a huge influx of American money. The living conditions are appalling and heart breaking. Little kids with shriveled stick arms and legs and their ribs showing will attack you for food or money because they're so hungry they'll do ANYTHING to eat again; including prostituting themselves. Don't even get me started on the child prostitution that some parents put their kids into just so the family will have food on the table. Wake the hell up.
Do not attempt to lay your guilt trip on me: it should be directed towards the Carlos Slims in Mexico--------their kind are are nothing more than greedy pigs who look down upon the peons.

FYI: we have some places right here in the USA that are in distress similar to Mexico; Lakota Sioux in S Dakota along with parts of W Virginia.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:37 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
And exactly where was this place, and when were you there?

Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 AM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:

I agree with you. The world is full of multibillionaires who live off the misery of the people you describe above. It is up to them to pick up arms and storm the gates of the oligarchy that keeps them destitute. Crossing the border to bring that kind of poverty here should not be an option. To Corporate America and the elite, illegal immigrants are manna from heaven. We, middle class America, have to fight to keep them out. Not because we're not humanitarian and charitable, but because we are just prolonging THEIR MISERY...and paving the way for our own. Wake up and think.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:22 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Few quick notes here:

#1: illegal immigration is a crime------'nuff said.

#2: the Great Depression happened 9 years after the borders were closed in 1920.

#3: the owner of the hamburger joint either was not offering enough $$$ to prospective hires and/or did not know how to manage his business.

#4: Mexico, the source of most illegals, is not poor-----in fact, few of their citizens are starving.
Youre right mexico is not poor. In fact they have the same resources or even better than the US, but Mexico's problem is Corruption. But one may agree there is no government without corruption but Mexico takes the whole cake in this category.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Mexico's biggest problem is over-population. How hard would it be to NOT be living in poverty if you had six kids?

Old 11-25-2008, 01:47 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Mexico's biggest problem is over-population. How hard would it be to NOT be living in poverty if you had six kids?
Mexico is not compareble to china in population. All of mexico's government is corrupted from the local police to the fed's. If they werent such theifs there would be no drug lords like ZETA's most of their members are ex-millitants that defected because there was no good salary. Thats why a six kid family strugles. Theres no chance to grow and find a good paying job there.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:53 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
Mexico is not compareble to china in population. All of mexico's government is corrupted from the local police to the fed's. If they werent such theifs there would be no drug lords like ZETA's most of their members are ex-millitants that defected because there was no good salary. Thats why a six kid family strugles. Theres no chance to grow and find a good paying job there.
You are a newly wed couple living in Mexico. You want to have a child but you can barely feed, cloth and house yourselves. Do you have a child anyway? Logic says you don't.

So you have one kid and things are really tough. What's the smartest thing you could do at this point? Have another kid?

And another?
And another?
And another?
And another?

Don't forget there is at least a 9 month gestation period in between for the parents to digest how hard it is to get by.
Why have 6 kids again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration