U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
61,045 posts, read 30,920,355 times
Reputation: 13012

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How true. Yet, every chance they get, they defeat attempts to mandate E-Verify. La Raza, the ACLU, Chamber of Commerce, and numerous other pro-illegal groups continue to fight this tooth and nail. Isnít obvious why they donít want it.


It is something they cannot label racist, so they are very afraid of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-18-2009, 05:51 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
yes but in 86 they didn't have anti-fraud measures in place for ID or the means of keeping electronic databases available to make a detailed identification check in a matter of seconds. That kind of thing can be done now and if used correctly is actually quite effective.
No it's not. Illegals have no problem getting in -- anti-fraud measures aren't working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 06:07 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Answer this question, Why do you have to be so skeptical? You know there is the possibility they could get their act together and draft a feasible and effective plan, then implement and enforce it. I don't think it's a physical impossibility....let's not try to compare today to whatever happened in 1986. Technology has come a long long way since the Oregon Trail on the Apple II days of 1986.
First of all -- how are you going to prove which illegals were here already and which arrived after amnesty was offered to get in on it? There will be massive fraud -- there's no way around it.

To be here illegally requires that you were already committing fraud, and if 10 illegals claim they each were using the same stolen social security number, how do you determine which did?

As far as taxes, illegals who have lived here 10, 15 years are not about to pay all their back taxes. Do you honestly believe that very many have saved up to pay all the social security, Medicare, FICA, state and local taxes from 10, 15 years? Even two years?

They aren't stupid, nor are they above breaking the law. Illegals will be able to claim many years of living here but incomes that would qualify them for EITC income tax RETURNS if anything.

Jobs continue to be exported out of the USA - the jobs are going to China and Mexico. Illegals will no longer be able to work for their law-breaking employers. Employers of illegals aren't going to all afford them when they fall under the wage and labor laws. The Obama administration brags about the 650,000 jobs created with the stimulus yet now is talking about legalizing millions of people and having them bring their families in. What that means is many millions of people will be added to the welfare rolls.

Also - who pays for meaningful background checks? Those would cost many thousands, involving at least 2 countries. How do you do a background check on an illegal who murdered in Mexico or Honduras or China and escaped by heading to the USA? And what of illegals who abandoned wives and children to come here? Will the background checks of deadbeat fathers disqualify them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,285,779 times
Reputation: 2531
Right, I understand they don't want it, but what is their argument against its implementation? You can't be opposed to something without having reasoning to back it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 08:23 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,844,279 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Right, I understand they don't want it, but what is their argument against its implementation? You can't be opposed to something without having reasoning to back it up.
Their arguments have no merit. They claim it isnít effective (94%). I guess anything with less than 100% efficacy is deemed ineffective by them. They also claim it will unfairly target ďimmigrantsĒ and that many legal residents will lose jobs. Itís all BS.

They donít want it because they know it works, and will limit the number of illegal aliens working in this country. They are illegal alien profiteers, so naturally they wonít support any measure to end illegal immigration. They are tantamount to the plantation owners fighting abolitionists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 12:45 PM
 
Location: Lake Norman, North Carolina
1,213 posts, read 1,400,338 times
Reputation: 392
And just who would "they" be that are opposing E-verify? Let's see, currently, the majority of Republican politicians vote FOR E-verify and the majority of Democratic politicians vote AGAINST E-verify. One would have to assume that the hispandering Democratic politicians are kissing tribally ethnocentric illegal hispanic aazz solely to keep them firmly in the future Democratic voter camp, if they can just get them amnestied.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Right, I understand they don't want it, but what is their argument against its implementation? You can't be opposed to something without having reasoning to back it up.
Of course you can. The ethnic advocacy groups do it all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,893 posts, read 12,285,779 times
Reputation: 2531
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Of course you can. The ethnic advocacy groups do it all the time.
I'm sure they have some kind of reasoning, otherwise nobody would take them at all seriously. I'm sure whatever reasoning they use is debatable, but it makes no sense to take a stance on an issue for absolutely no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 03:32 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
Reputation: 369
Most immigrants have done all of the above more than once.

We're not talking about immigrants, but illegal aliens.

When they apply for a work permit residency or citizenship they have to prove they paid taxes. Background checks?

Again, two words---illegal aliens. They don't appy for work permits, or legal residency, and have no background checks. Most of them sneak across the border while dodging the Border Patrol, or are smuggled in by coyotes.

Yes they are required. They get their fingerprints, photos of them in several angles(showing the left or right ear, can't remember which) and when they apply for US citizenship they made sure they speak English.

Again, we're discussing illegal aliens. They don't have photos or fingerprints taken.
If they speak English before becoming citizens, why are voting materials printed in four diffent languages here in CA?

The government has more information about them than for the average citizen who is born the USA.

The government doesn't even know how many are here. ICS can't seem to find most of them, yet you say the government knows more about them than the average citizen. Try not paying taxes, and see how quick the government can find you.

Employers? the ones I have worked for they made sure all those documents were up to date and if the individual could not bring the renewed cards after they expired, they would get fired.

You're talking about green card overstays, but we're also talking about illegal aliens who sneak across the border in the middle of the night, or in somebody's car trunk, or packed 15 to a van by coyotes.

Phone calls were made to verify the documents were issued by the INS. I saw plenty of people who got fired because their permit expired.

Not all illegal aliens are fired because their green cards expired. Most were fired because they were using fake, or stolen SS numbers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 03:42 PM
 
1,150 posts, read 993,172 times
Reputation: 369
<<You know there is the possibility they could get their act together and draft a feasible and effective plan, then implement and enforce it.>>

Just to address one issue----How do you propose to collect back taxes from people, many who've been here for years, but who weren't officially working? How do they prove their claim that they earned a certain amount of money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top