U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,965,498 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Not really actually. This wasn't a deliberate attempt. This was not bio-warfare, this is more a reflection of how unequal access to healthcare is globally.
Lets just get this straight so that I understand your point.
Because the illegal didn't carry/spread the disease on purpose then its ok? Then they should not be determined a risk? Is your point that they are simply victims of a lousy healthcare system and that some how we as a nation owe them a free pass regardless of the dangers, regardless that we have laws that are meant to protect us?
I want to be clear on this before I pass judgment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2009, 09:34 PM
 
3,424 posts, read 5,106,833 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post


I guess it is time to turn off the PC and watch "Spin City" reruns....

night............

no no...he's going to go party... You know he loves the fiestas...lmao...j/k *he probably does though0*...anyway, I hope he comes back after the hangover wears off, so he can maybe post with a little logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 10:00 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,655,184 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets just get this straight so that I understand your point.
Because the illegal didn't carry/spread the disease on purpose then its ok? Then they should not be determined a risk? Is your point that they are simply victims of a lousy healthcare system and that some how we as a nation owe them a free pass regardless of the dangers, regardless that we have laws that are meant to protect us?
I want to be clear on this before I pass judgment.
Your impression is correct, as fas as I can tell from some of the writings I've seen. These folks have inadequate healthcare at home; therefore any disease they inadvertently bring with them is not an intentional action to hurt our society, and therefore it's not their fault. Since it's not their fault, we therefore shouldn't object.

Similarly, many illegals come from places where the law is corrupt, unfair, and administered by brutal thugs. They don't trust the law, nor do they trust society, nor do they expect to get treated fairly; they often ignore rules, because that's the only thing they CAN do, in the societies they come from. When they get HERE, they carry this disregard for laws, and lack of respect for institutions, and 'tribal mentality' of 'us against the world', into OUR society. This can cause much difficulty in ever 'assimilating' here...but since these people came from 'bad' situations, their 'bad' attitude isn't their fault, nor do they display this behavior just to annoy US...they simply don't know any better. Since they don't know any better, we therefore shouldn't hold them responsible, nor should we object. We should just realize that these things 'happen'.

They MIGHT do better, some have suggested, if they'd assimilate..but they CAN'T assimilate, because they're illegal. Being illegal means we regard them as 'lawbreakers', and under those circumstances, we won't LET them assimilate...so it's not their fault for not assimilating, because we won't 'accept' them as long as they're illegal.

So I think you understand well. Whatever these folks do, it's not their intention to annoy us. For that reason, we shouldn't object to it...regardless of what effect it has on our society.

You may now proceed to 'pass judgement'....I think you understand what's being said here pretty well..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Your impression is correct, as fas as I can tell from some of the writings I've seen. These folks have inadequate healthcare at home; therefore any disease they inadvertently bring with them is not an intentional action to hurt our society, and therefore it's not their fault. Since it's not their fault, we therefore shouldn't object.

Similarly, many illegals come from places where the law is corrupt, unfair, and administered by brutal thugs. They don't trust the law, nor do they trust society, nor do they expect to get treated fairly; they often ignore rules, because that's the only thing they CAN do, in the societies they come from. When they get HERE, they carry this disregard for laws, and lack of respect for institutions, and 'tribal mentality' of 'us against the world', into OUR society. This can cause much difficulty in ever 'assimilating' here...but since these people came from 'bad' situations, their 'bad' attitude isn't their fault, nor do they display this behavior just to annoy US...they simply don't know any better. Since they don't know any better, we therefore shouldn't hold them responsible, nor should we object. We should just realize that these things 'happen'.

They MIGHT do better, some have suggested, if they'd assimilate..but they CAN'T assimilate, because they're illegal. Being illegal means we regard them as 'lawbreakers', and under those circumstances, we won't LET them assimilate...so it's not their fault for not assimilating, because we won't 'accept' them as long as they're illegal.

So I think you understand well. Whatever these folks do, it's not their intention to annoy us. For that reason, we shouldn't object to it...regardless of what effect it has on our society.

You may now proceed to 'pass judgement'....I think you understand what's being said here pretty well..
That’s it in a nutshell. We are expected to embrace their behavior, and support their “path to citizenship.” After all, they are innocent human beings caught in a quagmire created by our unfair and discriminatory immigration laws, and the rabid xenophobes who want them to leave. They have done nothing wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 11:02 PM
 
65 posts, read 65,964 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets just get this straight so that I understand your point.
Because the illegal didn't carry/spread the disease on purpose then its ok? Then they should not be determined a risk? Is your point that they are simply victims of a lousy healthcare system and that some how we as a nation owe them a free pass regardless of the dangers, regardless that we have laws that are meant to protect us?
I want to be clear on this before I pass judgment.
I didn't read any of that in the post at all. Might be wrong but, seems pretty straightforwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 11:04 PM
 
65 posts, read 65,964 times
Reputation: 16
It seems that that1guy was saying that the two situations are not the same, the second reflecting how people get treatment based on economics and geography. This "this is more a reflection of how unequal access to healthcare is globally." kinda gave it away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,965,498 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglorious View Post
It seems that that1guy was saying that the two situations are not the same, the second reflecting how people get treatment based on economics and geography. This "this is more a reflection of how unequal access to healthcare is globally." kinda gave it away.
In which case we need to redouble our efforts to control who enters our nation. It is after all the Federal Gov's job to protect its citizens from danger, undue risk or diseases. In short we have laws designed to prevent people with dangerous diseases from entering this country and we need to enforce them 100% of the time.
The fact that some nations have poor health care is none of our concern. Our concern is for US citizens being infected by undocumented aliens.
I don't hate a person if they are sick. I just don't want my child , mother, wife or friends exposed if it can be prevented. In this case it can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2009, 12:34 PM
 
Location: So. of Rosarito, Baja, Mexico
6,573 posts, read 18,041,721 times
Reputation: 5929
The one thing not mentioned with those Illegals from Mexico is the health status of the individuals.

While living In Mexico City had an occasion to visit a small town to the northwest of the city.

Walking thru the centro square saw into a open doorway that had many coffins on display. Most were small ones for children with only a couple for adults. I asked my new sister-in-law the reason and her answer was that children die young due to the lack of health care and thus the need for small coffins.

Health care is available in the larger cities but limited in the smaller places. This is why there are medical Clinic vans for a Dentist/Medical Dr who will go to a small town to give some medical care that may be needed. I saw these being built and furbished in Mexico City.

After three yrs in the city had an occasion to visit the ER at a Hospital in the US and when the Dr heard I had just returned from Mexico orderd a TB test...you guessed it...a positive reaction...small but still a reaction.

This is what can happen with many of those who are in the US illegally.

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 11:58 AM
 
8,180 posts, read 11,066,926 times
Reputation: 2878
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexcomm View Post
Its true whether you want to accept it or not. Those jobs wouldn't be available if they would just get off their ruffs and get a job! Deplorable we have so many people without work and the government takes your hard earned money and decides who it is going to pay with it. Do you have any decisions as to who you are going to give your money to? Do you have guaranteed FREEE prescriptions and health care, eye care, dental care? Do you have guaranteed housing? Can you buy a house and pay for it within 2 years? There are ups and downs to every society. There will never be a perfect one. We have lost our vision and values in the u.s. and personally, I think most people are just lost in the routine of life and never speak up.

You know what? I'm really glad to hear this --- to hear that Mexico is an Utopian society with housing, medical care and an expanding middle class. The US should have no guilt whatsoever in sealing the border and deporting all illegals who hail from Mexico. After all, why they would leave Mexico for the hellhole of the US I'll never understand...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-22-2009, 12:04 PM
 
Location: Arizona High Desert
4,636 posts, read 4,967,360 times
Reputation: 2741
Some people like cheap slaves. Never mind that they are breaking the law. 10 cents an hour to paint your house ?? What a deal ! American consumerism knows no limit. Hypocrites. Greedheads.
Lawbreakers ? No problem. Bet I can talk them down to 5 cents an hour if I offer free booze. : (
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top