U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:29 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexcomm View Post
Point, you and your family immigrated at some time. There are thousands of illegal americans here. I just read a case where an american was in puerto vallarta raping kids? So the grass is the same on both sides of the fence.
Beint that all residents of the New World were 'immigrants'; Indian or not, then I would count as an 'immigrant' using that metric.

Bottom line; I am a native American since I was born/raised here (not naturalized).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:30 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Where I live, we don't have those types of problems or needs. This is Mexico's silicon valley. There is plenty of money here. Most of the people that do immigrate are from farm towns. I live here and see it everyday. I run a business that I deal with the general public everday, most of the mexicans I run into or chat with are very happy with their lives and wouldn't change it. They have jobs, own their own homes. Can vacation two to three times a year. Of course I am not talking about a vacation that costs ten grand. I was just talking to a guy today that is leaving for Europe on Friday. How many Americans do you know that have gone to Europe? I know quite a few Mexicans that have.

One thing I notice here is that everybody seems like they are in fear. Fear of what? fear that we have lost our drive and ambition and somebody else is showing us up? Everybody in here including me needs to remember one thing, unless you are 100% native american, you came from somewhere else. We took this land from other people. How did the native americans feel?? Let me do a search on google and see what the native american society is saying on their forums!!!! Has anybody stopped and thought to themselves or brought up the point that the U.S. soil was never ours, we took it?

Does anybody know the real story behind thanksgiving? Not what we were taught in grade school. The REAL story. Think about it, we don't have a very good past as a nation, nor do we have a very prosperous future if we don't start at home and fix our own internal values and problems as a society. We just got our first tax rate increase here in Mexico in more than a decade. Wow. isnt that something.
So in summary you have zero relationship to areas like Tecate? If I lived in Del Mar I wouldn't know anything about SE San Diego, one of the poorest areas.
Regardless of who took what from whom(we could go back to the land bridge crossing, it's senseless), how does that relate to our social services getting dismantled by people it wasn't ever intended to be used by? Why is it our problem? Why can't you see that the issue is the Govts of these other Countries AND the fact that these people breed at an unsustainable rate. Why is someone's out of control sex drive my problem? Your problem? It's plain and simple just wrong in so many ways.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:33 AM

60,381 posts, read 30,672,464 times
I'm a native American, and my land starts on this side of that river, like it always has been.

Even 600 years ago, you cross that river, you pay the penalty, or it meant we were at war.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm a native American, and my land starts on this side of that river, like it always has been.

Even 600 years ago, you cross that river, you pay the penalty, or it meant we were at war.
Of course the ethnocentric la raza types will try to suck US citizens of American Indian lineage into their disgusting world--------never mind that Hispanic culture is a 'White man's' one. Spaniards are almost always White.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:18 PM

10,720 posts, read 16,850,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Of course the ethnocentric la raza types will try to suck US citizens of American Indian lineage into their disgusting world--------never mind that Hispanic culture is a 'White man's' one. Spaniards are almost always White.
That depends entirely where you are. In Oklahoma, yes many of the Native Americans have no connection to Hispanic culture. However, if you go to New Mexico many of the Native Americans are intertwined with Hispanics.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:34 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,745,541 times
Quote:
Does anybody know the real story behind thanksgiving? Not what we were taught in grade school. The REAL story. Think about it, we don't have a very good past as a nation, nor do we have a very prosperous future if we don't start at home and fix our own internal values and problems as a society. We just got our first tax rate increase here in Mexico in more than a decade. Wow. isnt that something.
What's the REAL story? If you're referring to the fact that the Indians were pushed off their lands, their way of life was taken from them, the newcomers didn't come to assimilate or adapt but came to take over, that's how it goes when people don't "immigrate" but invade. When the newcomers show no inclination to adapt or fit in, watch out and that is what we're seeing. And it has to do with the numbers, a few moving in is one thing, when they are quickly out-populating the existing group, it's not immigration or even co-existance. We're being told more and more that we're to learn Spanish so we can fit in with those pouring over the borders by the millions.

And as far as Indians, the same thing was done to them in Mexico.

As far as immigration, Mexico itself has immigration laws and it's laws are quite a bit stricter than our own. Mexico does not allow millions of people to move in illegally and demand services.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,075,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What's the REAL story? If you're referring to the fact that the Indians were pushed off their lands, their way of life was taken from them, the newcomers didn't come to assimilate or adapt but came to take over, that's how it goes when people don't "immigrate" but invade. When the newcomers show no inclination to adapt or fit in, watch out and that is what we're seeing. And it has to do with the numbers, a few moving in is one thing, when they are quickly out-populating the existing group, it's not immigration or even co-existance. We're being told more and more that we're to learn Spanish so we can fit in with those pouring over the borders by the millions.

As far as immigration, Mexico itself has immigration laws and it's laws are quite a bit stricter than our own. Mexico does not allow millions of people to move in illegally and demand services.
That is why people reference it as an invasion

Old 11-20-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is why people reference it as an invasion
And what happened to the Apache, Navajo, Huron, etc. should serve as a warning that us Americans (of any ancestry) could very well be the next group of 'Indians' with Mexicans being the next group of 'settlers'. The difference is we are still quite strong enough as a nation to repel; and if necessary, destroy the invaders.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:47 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,156,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And what happened to the Apache, Navajo, Huron, etc. should serve as a warning that us Americans (of any ancestry) could very well be the next group of 'Indians' with Mexicans being the next group of 'settlers'. The difference is we are still quite strong enough as a nation to repel; and if necessary, destroy the invaders.
Exactly! Why would we be stupid enough not to learn from the past and let history repeat itself? But if we don't roll over and welcome our own genocide we are called racists, xenophobes, etc.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,822,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Exactly! Why would we be stupid enough not to learn from the past and let history repeat itself? But if we don't roll over and welcome our own genocide we are called racists, xenophobes, etc.
Absolutely! Only an idiot doesn’t learn from the past. Sadly, before the sheeple realize what’s happening, it will be too late. I can see them staring like Deer in headlights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or