Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 02:12 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,484,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
There you have it. Good generals would not tolerate a bad general. Those we do have are forced upon us by our civilian leadership.
But lets face reality. The US military is the most advanced, well trained fighting force on the planet. Would they really need civilians to enter the fight?
Agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 02:13 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,061,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
Sorry but what a ridiculous scenario. The army ceases power? and the constitution is stopped? By the way the army will never, EVER cease to exist because they will never ran out of people. That's what selective service is for. Even the most crappy third world countries have an army and a constitution. The USA will be the last one without one.

Please stop fantazing about Illegal Immigrant genocides, and no I'm not answering such a ridiculous question.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
I wasn't going to post on this thread because I try to avoid fantacy football type threads.
I decided to play.
In the event that our Government collapsed and the Military saw the need to take over. ( I trust military leadership over politicians any day of the week).
And

If in the event foreign born and illegals massed together and presented a clear danger to my nation, fellow citizens.
I would bring to bear all the training and all the skills I learned while I myself served.
I would not target unarmed citizens legal or otherwise. I would not target children or the elderly.
I would target any armed hostile and I would make them dead. I would do so as long as I was able or asked to stand down by the authority of my government Military or civilian.
make no mistake my priority would be to eliminate the threat to my country, my family and my friends.
This is a fantacy so am I allowed to use photon torpedo's and phasers?
A military government would be a disaster. You may trust military leadership over politicians, but the fact of the matter is the military is set up to fight and win wars...It is not set up to govern a country that is why the vast majority of military governments have ended in abject failure. Generals trying to be politicians works just about as well as politicians trying to be generals.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
A military government would be a disaster. You may trust military leadership over politicians, but the fact of the matter is the military is set up to fight and win wars...It is not set up to govern a country that is why the vast majority of military governments have ended in abject failure. Generals trying to be politicians works just about as well as politicians trying to be generals.
Never said I wanted or believed in a military government. I said that I trust the integrety and morals of a general over professional liars.
I do trust the fact that for our military to feel the need to take over the gov then our elected officials have gone way out of bounds to force such a confrontation.
Most Generals at least believe in America first. The same can not be said about politicians ie professional liars.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Never said I wanted or believed in a military government. I said that I trust the integrety and morals of a general over professional liars.
I do trust the fact that for our military to feel the need to take over the gov then our elected officials have gone way out of bounds to force such a confrontation.
Most Generals at least believe in America first. The same can not be said about politicians ie professional liars.
Having the military take over to protect America is akin to slitting ones throat to cure a nose bleed. America is only America because we have a constitution, the rule of law, government by the people...get rid of that and America as we know it will cease to exist no matter how wonderful people's intentions are.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:03 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
I think force should already have been used.Sooner or later it will be if our government continues to NOT do its job and protect AMERICAN CITIZENS FIRST.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
If unemployment reached 30% undocumented immigrants would probably be leaving at higher levels than they'd be coming because employment wouldn't be available.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
If unemployment reached 30% undocumented immigrants would probably be leaving at higher levels than they'd be coming because employment wouldn't be available.
If they have nothing to go back to social services would still be better than nothing.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:53 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If they have nothing to go back to social services would still be better than nothing.
That could be the case for some circumstances but from the individuals I have come into contact with they have all gone back home to their country of origin as soon as they had difficulty finding work. I know quite a few undocumented immigrants and I don't know a single one who has successfully frauded our welfare system or tax system or even attempted to for that matter. Medical care is another story but I'd say it has been fairly split between those who have insurance and those who don't, and I can think of only one case where somebody used our emergency room services without being insured (to give birth).

Old 11-19-2009, 04:05 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
That could be the case for some circumstances but from the individuals I have come into contact with they have all gone back home to their country of origin as soon as they had difficulty finding work. I know quite a few undocumented immigrants and I don't know a single one who has successfully frauded our welfare system or tax system or even attempted to for that matter. Medical care is another story but I'd say it has been fairly split between those who have insurance and those who don't, and I can think of only one case where somebody used our emergency room services without being insured (to give birth).
Try Parkland Hospital in Dallas for a real eyeopener about the number of births paid for by the taxpayer by illegal mothers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration