Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 05:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

By % checkout Brownsville Texas statistics!!

Oh My!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 PM

50,280 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
That could be the case for some circumstances but from the individuals I have come into contact with they have all gone back home to their country of origin as soon as they had difficulty finding work. I know quite a few undocumented immigrants and I don't know a single one who has successfully frauded our welfare system or tax system or even attempted to for that matter. Medical care is another story but I'd say it has been fairly split between those who have insurance and those who don't, and I can think of only one case where somebody used our emergency room services without being insured (to give birth).
Well, I have. I volunteer for the school system. Here's an example and it's perfect timing.

We have 3 bus loads of kids that get brought in from near the border to our school. We just recently had a fund raiser. Today was the day the fund raiser boxes were due. Out of the 3 bus loads of kids guess how many brought their boxes in today? 2 kids, out of 3 bus loads of mostly ESL students from near the border. Most of the kids that get dropped off had boxes, almost all.

It doesn't cost ANYTHING to do the fund raiser except some time and effort. You tell me, is this a "poor" thing or something deeper? Most of these kids are ESL kids whose Parents are here Illegally. They don't show at Parent/Teacher meetings and when asked why not the kids say their Parents "can't drive". The times the kids get invited to parties the ones that don't speak English huddle in a corner of the room and talk between them since they don't speak English. What's going on here?

Ya, we can second guess this all day but it's pretty obvious that the Parents are here Illlegally and could give a rat butt about giving back to the community or school. They are here to take what is offered. It's so amazing that they can't be part of the school fund raiser or anything that requires involvement but they sure took the time to figure out they could send their kids to the school for free by bus. It's simply..................AMAZING.

This is assimilation? palllllllllllllleeeeeeze.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Well, I have. I volunteer for the school system. Here's an example and it's perfect timing.

We have 3 bus loads of kids that get brought in from near the border to our school. We just recently had a fund raiser. Today was the day the fund raiser boxes were due. Out of the 3 bus loads of kids guess how many brought their boxes in today? 2 kids, out of 3 bus loads of mostly ESL students from near the border. Most of the kids that get dropped off had boxes, almost all.

It doesn't cost ANYTHING to do the fund raiser except some time and effort. You tell me, is this a "poor" thing or something deeper? Most of these kids are ESL kids whose Parents are here Illegally. They don't show at Parent/Teacher meetings and when asked why not the kids say their Parents "can't drive". The times the kids get invited to parties the ones that don't speak English huddle in a corner of the room and talk between them since they don't speak English. What's going on here?

Ya, we can second guess this all day but it's pretty obvious that the Parents are here Illlegally and could give a rat butt about giving back to the community or school. They are here to take what is offered. It's so amazing that they can't be part of the school fund raiser or anything that requires involvement but they sure took the time to figure out they could send their kids to the school for free by bus. It's simply..................AMAZING.

This is assimilation? palllllllllllllleeeeeeze.
Time for CPS to check out those kids.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
If the Constitution is suspended, what would you be fighting for? A military dictatorship should not be fought for, but against.

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
If the Constitution is suspended, what would you be fighting for? A military dictatorship should not be fought for, but against.
That would depend why the military suspended the constitution.
For example if our elected gov chose to ignore a threat or were allowing our country to be destroyed.
I would join them in the fight to eliminate the invaders and when that mission was complete I would focus on the problem of the military. I suspect however that when the danger was eliminated they would allow elections to rebuild the civilian government.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:44 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
If unemployment reached 30% undocumented immigrants would probably be leaving at higher levels than they'd be coming because employment wouldn't be available.
I dont think so. As long as employers can get away with hiring scabs that undercut americans there will always be jobs for them.Who is to stop them from firing ALL americans and hiring only low paid illegals. There doesnt seem to be anyone stoping it now does there?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 7,060,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I dont think so. As long as employers can get away with hiring scabs that undercut americans there will always be jobs for them.Who is to stop them from firing ALL americans and hiring only low paid illegals. There doesnt seem to be anyone stoping it now does there?
It will stop when unemployment benefits no longer get extended and unemployment reaches certain level. Once people don't have food on their tables they will protest and will be heard. That is one good thing about Americans, and what makes this country great, Americans complain and they don't let anybody step over them.

I wish someone did a reality show about unemployed people trying to get a job. I have a feeling that many people who want to work, can easily find a job, they just don't want to change professions or want to enjoy their benefits.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:19 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,783 times
Quote:
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
Your not serious are you?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:21 AM

265 posts, read 597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Your not serious are you?
Who's to say?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:34 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Who's to say?
I dont think Americans in general would take you seriously. Besides, as someone else mentioned, there is no way of telling who is legal and who is illegal unless a police officer or ICE does a check.

It would literaly be seen as a racist act because you would be targeting anyone who looked stereotypically "Latino" or "Mexican".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration