Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 12:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What about this:

Would you fight against the CEO's that hire illegals if given the chance?

Seems like a much more winnable war to me...fight thousands instead of millions.

'to kill a snake you only need to cut off the head'
I will gladly fight the greedy scum employers of illegals. You’re right, cut off the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 02:52 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
What about this:

Would you fight against the CEO's that hire illegals if given the chance?

Seems like a much more winnable war to me...fight thousands instead of millions.

'to kill a snake you only need to cut off the head'
I would GLADLY fight against these self-centered opportunistic dirtbags....and would hope that in doing so, I wouldn't have to worry about being called a racist, or being told that I was 'insensitive to the lifestyle of the wealthy', or running afoul of some "pro-cheap-labor" activist group.

I would absolutely support some sort of 'show trial' in which such an employer was sentenced to several months in jail, or had some assets seized. At this point, I think that's a GREAT idea. I think it would send a strong message, 'shake up' a lot of people, and probably lower the 'anger level' of the whole illegal mess by quite a few notches.

I wonder how this would be 'spun', though. How would 'immigrant rights' groups react, if it REALLY happened? How would anti-illegals react?

Very interesting situation.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:42 PM

257 posts, read 407,720 times
Why would I? That's not my job. I'm not the Border Patrol or the U.S. Army. The government can fix it's own mess.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
all illegala are already enemies of the state, problem is american companies keep paying off congress with "contributions" to go easy on illegal immmigration. the problem is not with the mexican people its the union busting corporations who are playing footsie with DC. and recruiting illegals to come here

Old 11-20-2009, 08:38 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,631,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
That could be the case for some circumstances but from the individuals I have come into contact with they have all gone back home to their country of origin as soon as they had difficulty finding work. I know quite a few undocumented immigrants and I don't know a single one who has successfully frauded our welfare system or tax system or even attempted to for that matter. Medical care is another story but I'd say it has been fairly split between those who have insurance and those who don't, and I can think of only one case where somebody used our emergency room services without being insured (to give birth).
oh my. Obviously, you have not been living in my area, Florida, or knowing the immigrants that I know.....<s>

Old 11-28-2009, 07:14 AM

6 posts, read 24,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callo View Post
Okay, imagine this scenario:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
YES The fight has already started its on the rise look at arizona joe arpaio 287(g) it`s a start.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:

The US economy has collapsed, unemployment is 30%, and the government is falling apart. In desperation, the army seizes power, suspends the constitution, and dismisses the government. The new ruler declares as one of his first acts to fix the crisis, to make all illegal aliens enemies of the state. Futhermore, he retroactively strips citizenship from all descendants of illegals, and their children as well, and authorizes anyone to arrest and/or kill them should they be discovered.

If finally given the opportunity, would you yourself use force to finally drive the invaders and their spawn out of our land for good?
Wow. First of all, anyone who suspends the constitution should be the enemy of all Americans everywhere. Dont you think?

Secondly, if citizenship is stripped for illegals and all descendants, then that will probably leave you with only a hundred thousand people or so, most of which are native Americans who are in charge of the military.

Thirdly, how will you go about determining who the descendants are of these illegals? Since you're talking descendants, you have to include the illegal descendants from Europe, Asia, Mexico and South America.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:07 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Wow. First of all, anyone who suspends the constitution should be the enemy of all Americans everywhere. Dont you think?

Secondly, if citizenship is stripped for illegals and all descendants, then that will probably leave you with only a hundred thousand people or so, most of which are native Americans who are in charge of the military.

Thirdly, how will you go about determining who the descendants are of these illegals? Since you're talking descendants, you have to include the illegal descendants from Europe, Asia, Mexico and South America.
Illegals are not citizens either though their U.S. born children are. Families should stay together therefore they should go back to the parent's homeland with them. When they are 18 they can decide which country they want to live in. Mexico offers dual citizenship.

Yes, all illegals should be returned to their homelands. Anyone born in this country is not here illegally. Seems you are trying to claim that anyone other than an native indian are not citizens. You know that is bullcrap.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Callo was referring to the US born children AKA Anchor babies of present illegal aliens. Hell; using your reasoning, many of not most 'native' Americans AKA Indians would need to leave as well since newer tribes displaced previous groups.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:24 PM

597 posts, read 1,298,464 times
Quote:

Why the prejudice against illegals??
America was built by alliens.
Everybody in america is foreigners, except the Indians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration