Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 05:39 PM

309 posts, read 427,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That isn't true, Indians speak in Hindi and Gujrati all the time. I hear it when I go shopping as they are speaking to each other in that language when they are talking amongst themselves. I don't take offense to that but then again I'm not a bigot and a xenophobe. Anyone who would take offense to a couple speaking in a foreign language amongst themselves is a bigot.
That isn't true? You worked with me and know my experience in the workforce? Because I relate my experience which you say is not true I am a bigot and a xenophobe, oh and I have a low IQ? Have you read this entire thread? Unbelievable that I am not entitled to my own opinion based on my own experiences without being called names when you know nothing about me except pulling out a few excerpts on this thread. I would never start calling someone names. This is what our society has degraded to.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You're going to have to elaborate.

If you had common sense, it would not be needed.

You market to the impoverished in the USA, if your business cannot speak English. You are limiting your market to the impoverished... I hope your marketing plan, relies on volume with very low margins!!!!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
I truly wish I could find a group of anti-immigration enthusiasts that were not fascist wack jobs.
Take heart..I know MANY of these people; unfortunately, most of them have little interest in an internet forum, and little interest in interacting with the 'whack jobs' you mention.

But they're out there....lots of them. It will just take a lot more 'deterioration' before they begin to 'make noise'. Moderate, middle class people just aren't as 'vocal' as some others. Give them time...(it may be sooner than you think)..

Old 11-18-2009, 05:57 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Take heart..I know MANY of these people; unfortunately, most of them have little interest in an internet forum, and little interest in interacting with the 'whack jobs' you mention.

But they're out there....lots of them. It will just take a lot more 'deterioration' before they begin to 'make noise'. Moderate, middle class people just aren't as 'vocal' as some others. Give them time...(it may be sooner than you think)..
That is an excellent point: when the Middle Class (I am including skilled blue collars in that cohort as well) 'snaps'-----------if I were any species of illegal alien, I would make a run for the border/airport ASAP.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:17 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
That isn't true? You worked with me and know my experience in the workforce? Because I relate my experience which you say is not true I am a bigot and a xenophobe, oh and I have a low IQ? Have you read this entire thread? Unbelievable that I am not entitled to my own opinion based on my own experiences without being called names when you know nothing about me except pulling out a few excerpts on this thread. I would never start calling someone names. This is what our society has degraded to.
That is all this person has done since they came into this forum is to hurl insults and make false accusations of those of us who are not sympathetic to illegal aliens. I hope the moderator takes care of this.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Well said, this is really common sense issue and not a political one. There are plenty of American citizens who speak foreign languages and prefer to communicate with each other in a foreign language. You shouldn't be listening in on their conversation in the first place and if you are offended because you can't understand them then you are a disturbed individual.

That's why these anti-immigration enthusiasts are opposed to more than simply illegal immigration. They are xenophobic and have a fear of foreigners and foreign culture and they see people speaking a foreign language even amongst themselves as a threat. They are truly bigoted and uninformed individuals.

I believe that English should be a requirement for becoming a citizen of this country including voting and driver's license exams. However, I'm not opposed to people speaking in their foreign language and don't see that as a threat.

I truly wish I could find a group of anti-immigration enthusiasts that were not fascist wack jobs.
See you are repeating the same old lies of the pro-illegals. There are no anti-immigrationists there are only anti-ILLEGALS! No matter how many times we have addressed your remarks you just keep coming back with the same old rhetoric. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

I already explained my objection to hearing so much Spanish everywhere. Yet you make it out to be something else and call me a bigot! Why do you keep bringing other languages into this? Those other languages are not being spoken like Spanish is everywhere. We don't have to press 2 for German at the ATM's. You will find very few ads in any other foreign langauge than Spanish. Hispanic Americans know how to speak English so who do you think these ads are trying to reach? You don't go into Walmart or other public places and hear any other langauge spoken as we do Spanish. It means one of two things either the speaker is a non-assimilated Hispanic citizen or they are an illegal alien. Neither of those two things are good for our country. Therefore the objection to it!

You have got to be one of the nastiest posters I have ever seen in here. You hurl insults in here like no tomorrow. Perhaps you should leave and find some illegal alien sympathetic forum to post in. If you can't debate with civility then please leave before the moderator removes you.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:17 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,727,132 times
Unless all of you stop treating this forum as a place to vent and actually start opening your minds for discussion, threads like this will be closed. And I mean both sides of the issue.
Why ? Because while trying to desperately prove your point, you lose focus of the topic and start nitpicking and trying to outsmart your "opponents" instead of looking for some common ground or a way out of this mess. And we've had enough fights here.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration