U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Yes, let them purchase insurance using the money they obtained through theft, fraud, and tax evasion.

Quote:
Undocumented immigrants should be able to purchase insurance from health insurance exchanges with their own money, not federal dollars, Sen. Robert Menendez (D.N.J.) said Thursday.

"If they use their own money to purchase insurance without any taxpayer subsidy, it would make a lot of sense to offer that possibility," he said on ABC's "Top Line" webcast.
Menendez: Illegal immigrants should be able to buy health insurance from exchanges - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-20-2009, 03:59 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, let them purchase insurance using the money they obtained through theft, fraud, and tax evasion.


Menendez: Illegal immigrants should be able to buy health insurance from exchanges - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
I don't even know why health insurance for illegals is being discussed. They aren't even supposed to be here. They should be discussing deportation instead and nothing else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 PM
 
Location: California
706 posts, read 797,344 times
Reputation: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't even know why health insurance for illegals is being discussed. They aren't even supposed to be here. They should be discussing deportation instead and nothing else.



"Menendez said that allowing illegal immigrants to buy insurance from the exchanges would help reduce insurance premiums and other healthcare costs because they would no longer have to use emergency rooms to get care"

Well, at least he got part of it correct...they do,by his own admission,add to rising healthcare costs by using emergency rooms as their personal physicians.

My answer remains the same for any effort to accomodate illegal aliens in any manner whatsoever...
Not only no, but hell no !

Not now, not ever...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:12 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
60,930 posts, read 30,857,581 times
Reputation: 12988
Nothing is stopping them from buying a health insurance policy, now. The healthcare bill is suppose to make it impossible.(except for the loopholes now)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,564,739 times
Reputation: 47459
illegal immigrants should be able to catch the 1st bus to TJ and buy health insurance as mexican citizens. with a 10% unemployment this needs to happen yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 10:29 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post



"Menendez said that allowing illegal immigrants to buy insurance from the exchanges would help reduce insurance premiums and other healthcare costs because they would no longer have to use emergency rooms to get care"

Well, at least he got part of it correct...they do,by his own admission,add to rising healthcare costs by using emergency rooms as their personal physicians.

My answer remains the same for any effort to accomodate illegal aliens in any manner whatsoever...
Not only no, but hell no !

Not now, not ever...
Deporting them back to their homelands will reduce ER abuse even more. This ethnocentric pimp is only interested in what benefits he can procure for his grupo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-20-2009, 10:39 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Deporting them back to their homelands will reduce ER abuse even more. This ethnocentric pimp is only interested in what benefits he can procure for his grupo.
Yes indeed. Why should there be any provisions for illegal aliens, or anyone who flagrantly violates our laws? Furthermore, very few would even consider purchasing insurance. Why should they? They are already receiving “free” medical care thanks to our laws. The milk is free. Why pay for the cow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top