U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2009, 08:16 PM
 
3,448 posts, read 2,578,133 times
Reputation: 478

Advertisements

Close the door on immigration all together until the North American is in a "position"
to extend itself. Neither USA or Canada is healthy enough to open doors
Why are our doors open ? Never mind illegal immigration get a handle on immigration and process will fall into place. The problem is immigration all together,
and due to cultures and language barriors should be introduced at a very slow rate'
to give the new and old room to settle.
"As it is tackling illegal immigration is a junior approach" to a severe ongoing unfolding
digression of all of North America, its as simple as that

 
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,879 posts, read 12,235,982 times
Reputation: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is a two part question. I believe our immigration numbers are too high already.

Part two, if they could support themselves without being a financial burden? Fine

The trouble is, it's a double edged sword. They cost us and we have too high an immigration number (legally) as it is.
You always use the legality of the issue but I figured most of you were anti-legal immigration as well. My answer to that is why? Especially if they aren't going to be a financial burden.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,135,741 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You always use the legality of the issue but I figured most of you were anti-legal immigration as well. My answer to that is why? Especially if they aren't going to be a financial burden.
They can also be an environmental burden if there too many of them. Try reading susps.org and other sensible population growth sites.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,879 posts, read 12,235,982 times
Reputation: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They can also be an environmental burden if there too many of them. Try reading susps.org and other sensible population growth sites.
Are you really overly concerned about that? We both know that the majority of immigration goes into the core cities. Urban sprawl is far more burdensome for the environment than increasing density in urban areas.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,135,741 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Are you really overly concerned about that? We both know that the majority of immigration goes into the core cities. Urban sprawl is far more burdensome for the environment than increasing density in urban areas.
What you don't get is that regardless of where an immigrant decides to settle whether it be in an urban or rural setting they still use our natural resources and social infrastructures. These are some of the reasons we have to control our population growth.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,729 posts, read 29,971,386 times
Reputation: 17625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
You always use the legality of the issue but I figured most of you were anti-legal immigration as well. My answer to that is why? Especially if they aren't going to be a financial burden.
Aren't going to be? How would that happen? Making them legal would cost us more. Closing off all social services, ya then sure. That would include making them pay to use our schools and emergency rooms.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
5,879 posts, read 12,235,982 times
Reputation: 2506
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Aren't going to be? How would that happen? Making them legal would cost us more. Closing off all social services, ya then sure. That would include making them pay to use our schools and emergency rooms.
Oh, so you're pro-illegal then? Just kidding, I get your point. But then stop using the "illegal" aspect of the argument, because you're just flat out anti-immigrant, same with Chicagonut.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,729 posts, read 29,971,386 times
Reputation: 17625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Oh, so you're pro-illegal then? Just kidding, I get your point. But then stop using the "illegal" aspect of the argument, because you're just flat out anti-immigrant, same with Chicagonut.
I'm for shutting down Ilegal Immigration and lessening the amount of legal immigrants. We need more Doctors and Engineers at the same time we can do with far fewer people that come just to live off of our dime.


It appears you are ok with a population we won't be able to feed, cloth or house? If you would like I can use "Undocumented Criminal Trespasser?" UCT.
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,135,741 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Oh, so you're pro-illegal then? Just kidding, I get your point. But then stop using the "illegal" aspect of the argument, because you're just flat out anti-immigrant, same with Chicagonut.
No I am not! I believe in legal immigration in controlled and reasonable numbers that benefits and doesn't harm our country. Now how does that make me anti-immigrant?
 
Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,863,929 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
No I am not! I believe in legal immigration in controlled and reasonable numbers that benefits and doesn't harm our country. Now how does that make me anti-immigrant?
It doesn't. It makes you a foward thinker who understands that we need to control who enters and why. You understand that sustainability is and always should be a critical factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:13 PM.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top