U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 08:57 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

I bet she will remain in this country, and she will continue to rely on taxpayers for her support.

Quote:
BOSTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama's aunt buried her face in her hands and sobbed as she described her anguish that she no longer has contact with him and his family after the revelation she had been living illegally for years in the United States in public housing.

"Before, we were family. But right now, there is a lot of politics, and me, I am not interested in any politics at all," said Onyango, whose appeal for asylum from her native Kenya is before an immigration judge in Boston.

The Obamas are her only family in the United States, she said.

"It is very sad when such a thing happens. There are people, outsiders, you know, they come in between, they divide a family," she said last week. "It's not easy."

She refused to discuss how she affords to live now or who is paying for her attorney.
AP Exclusive: Obama aunt anguished by separation | portclintonnewsherald.com | Port Clinton News Herald
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 PM

1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
I'll bet she was all set to move into the Whitehouse.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Funny that she has not been 'legalized' despite Obama being President for over a year now.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:32 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Funny that she has not been 'legalized' despite Obama being President for over a year now.
That's because he wouldn't dare and risk the ire of the anti-illegals and the demands that the pro-illegals would make to then legalize all other illegals.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:51 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's because he wouldn't dare and risk the ire of the anti-illegals and the demands that the pro-illegals would make to then legalize all other illegals.
Which also dovetails with 'amnesty' being pushed further and further back---------much to the dismay of illegal aliens everywhere.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 AM

4,572 posts, read 3,829,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
I'll bet she was all set to move into the Whitehouse.
I can imagine her singing the "Movin On Up" song (from The Jeffersons) as she was watching the election results.

The "outsiders" she refers to... might they be US Law Enforcement personnel enforcing (or at least attemping to enforce) the laws of our nation? Which she is criminally violating? Hmmmmmm?

Old 12-05-2009, 11:13 AM

509 posts, read 1,044,111 times
Here's an idea. The President's family give her $10,000 ( they have over $3 million - they can spare that for a relative) and allow her to return to Kenya. Once back there she can apply for a Visa to come back to the U.S. through normal channels. Of course if she were to be sponsored by Barack, he would have to make sure she does not go back on public assistance.
I wonder how his relatives in other countries feel about his neglecting them? If her were a compassionate man, he would spread his wealth around at least to his family members in need.
Maybe he could make the money a Christmas gift! Is Aunt Zeituni going to celebrate Christmas?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration