U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times

Advertisements

As a resident of Maryland, I am appalled that our government has allowed this to happen. This illegal cancer will spread throughout our country until every state is bankrupt. Someone made a spot-on comparison on another thread. Illegal immigration is like a plague of locusts devouring this country. Yet, we who oppose are portrayed as being vile bigots.

What the hell is wrong with you pro-illegals? What are you bleeding heart IA apologists thinking? Is it so important to be PC and to pander to illegals that you are willing to allow this country to be destroyed? Don’t stand there looking like deer in headlights when the destruction is complete. Rather, take a long look in the mirror.

Quote:
Maryland’s foreign-born population has grown by 34.6 percent while its native-born population has increased by 3.3 percent. Public school enrollment of students who require special instruction in English has soared even more, rising by 93.5 percent from 2000 to 2008 while overall enrollment declined slightly.

A pair of recently released documents on illegal aliens in Maryland discuss the effect the spending has had on the state treasury. Both agree the cash-strapped state is spending at least $448 million on children of undocumented aliens per year and more than $100 million on health care costs.

The difference is in how one counts citizens born to parents who are in the state illegally. For example, the Federation for American Immigration Reform includes children of illegals when it compiles its figures. As a consequence, FAIR reports Marylanders spend more than $966 million annually on education for an estimated 80,800 children of illegal aliens. Nearly $250 million is spent on providing special English instruction to an estimated 35,000 children of illegal aliens. About 9.6 percent of the K-12 public school students in Maryland are children of illegal aliens.

The Immigration Policy Center excluded U.S. children of illegals when it countered the FAIR report this week. It says 68 percent (or $966.4 million) of FAIR’s “$1.4 billion” estimate consists of K-12 education costs for the children of unauthorized immigrants—of whom 73 percent are U.S.-born, U.S.-citizens who have at least one unauthorized parent.

However, as the report explains, this number is probably low.
Are children of illegal aliens bankrupting Maryland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
As a resident of Maryland, I am appalled that our government has allowed this to happen. This illegal cancer will spread throughout our country until every state is bankrupt. Someone made a spot-on comparison on another thread. Illegal immigration is like a plague of locusts devouring this country. Yet, we who oppose are portrayed as being vile bigots.

What the hell is wrong with you pro-illegals? What are you bleeding heart IA apologists thinking? Is it so important to be PC and to pander to illegals that you are willing to allow this country to be destroyed? Don’t stand there looking like deer in headlights when the destruction is complete. Rather, take a long look in the mirror.

Are children of illegal aliens bankrupting Maryland?
Unfortunately the large group of ethnocentrics that support this invasion don't care. They think they are on their way to a ruling Hispanic utopia in this country.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:09 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,731,841 times
Well -- a lot of it is about getting the employers of them very rich and very quickly. Someone really profits by all this unlimited cheap labor.

Yes there are La Raza types who believe their "race" should not be held to any of our immigration laws because they are "special", but for the rest, it's usually a money motive. There are some extremely politically correct bleeding hearts that actually believe that the USA should be the only nation with no immigration laws of any kind and that we should bring in the over 2 billion impoverished people of the world and provide them a nice life here in the USA. Those people are usually the looney toons that think that's all possible.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:59 AM

1,150 posts, read 991,516 times
FAIR is doing a more accurate count. The documents were addressing the effect of illegal aliens on spending, so even though some of the children were born in this country, their financial impact is still due to their illegal alien parents. Had their parents not been here, they wouldn't have been here.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:56 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,169,837 times
You cannot argue with those numbers. The same thing is happening in other states too; Texas is quickly being overrun. It is an outrage.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:07 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,793,137 times
Quote:
The anti-immigrant Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) claims in a new report that “Maryland’s illegal immigrant population costs the state’s taxpayers more than $1.4 billion per year for education, medical care and incarceration.” However, the statistical contortions in which FAIR engages to produce this number render it virtually meaningless. FAIR dramatically exaggerates the fiscal “costs” imposed by unauthorized immigrants by including schooling and medical care for their native-born, U.S.-citizen children in its estimate, and completely discounts the economic role that unauthorized workers play as consumers who help support Maryland businesses.
Immigration Impact » Blog Archive » FAIR Blames Immigrants and Children for Maryland’s Budget Deficit

Quote:
U.S.-citizen children with an unauthorized parent. These are children who will go on to become tax-paying “natives” when they are adult workers.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
The Immigration Policy Center excluded U.S. children of illegals when it countered the FAIR report this week. It says 68 percent (or $966.4 million) of FAIR’s “$1.4 billion” estimate consists of K-12 education costs for the children of unauthorized immigrants—of whom 73 percent are U.S.-born, U.S.-citizens who have at least one unauthorized parent. Likewise, another 12 percent (or $167.2 million) of the “$1.4 billion” figure consists of the “costs of medical care related to illegal immigration”—yet 65 percent of these expenses are Medicaid costs for U.S.-born, U.S.-citizen children with an unauthorized parent.
Did they use their crystal ball for this prediction? Given the astronomical dropout rate among the children of illegals, coupled with their proclivity for teenage pregnancy, I doubt the majority will be paying taxes. Rather, they will be on the welfare rolls fleecing taxpayers. This is wishful thinking, at best.

Quote:
U.S.-citizen children with an unauthorized parent. These are children who will go on to become tax-paying “natives” when they are adult workers.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Did they use their crystal ball for this prediction? Given the astronomical dropout rate among the children of illegals, coupled with their proclivity for teenage pregnancy, I doubt the majority will be paying taxes. Rather, they will be on the welfare rolls fleecing taxpayers. This is wishful thinking, at best.
I bet you wouldn't like that if someone said that about African Americans huh? Yet, i guess it's okay to say that about Hispanic U.S citizens.

Quote:
The total represents 16 percent of all people in the United States in that age range in 2007. Most of the dropouts were Latino or black, according to a report by the Center for Labor Market Studies at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts, and the Alternative Schools Network in Chicago, Illinois.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/05/dro...udy/index.html

Is it really about illegal status or is it something else? I find it interesting how you love pointing out the problems facing the Hispanic/Latino community, yet you fail to acknowledge that African Americans face and have the same problems.

Last edited by blacknight04; 12-07-2009 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I bet you wouldn't like that if someone said that about African Americans huh? Yet, i guess it's okay to say that about Hispanic U.S citizens.

'High school dropout crisis' continues in U.S., study says - CNN.com

Is it really about illegal status or is it something else? I find it interesting how you love pointing out the problems facing the Hispanic/Latino community, yet you fail to acknowledge that African Americans face and have the same problems.
Who said anything about Hispanic U.S. citizens? This article (and thread) pertains to the impact of illegal immigration. If black illegals were numbered in the millions, and they were procreating like rabbits, I would feel equally disturbed.

For me it isn’t about race or ethnicity. Obviously, for you it is. Otherwise, you would not continue to inject black citizens into the discussion.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Who said anything about Hispanic U.S. citizens? This article (and thread) pertains to the impact of illegal immigration. If black illegals were numbered in the millions, and they were procreating like rabbits, I would feel equally disturbed.

For me it isn’t about race or ethnicity. Obviously, for you it is. Otherwise, you would not continue to inject black citizens into the discussion.
You certainly did when you responded to my post. If you were not talking about Hispanic U.S citizens, then please provide some stats to back up what you said in your previous post.
Quote:
Is it possible that the children of the "illegals" you are talking about were born in the U.S and therefore U.S citizens?

To answer this question
Quote:
Who said anything about Hispanic U.S. citizens? This article (and thread) pertains to the impact of illegal immigration
I guess the U.S born children with one or 2 illegal immigrant parents don't count as U.S citizens to you huh? FAIR included them in their bogus study, so go have a chat with them about including Hispanic U.S citizens in their study.

Last edited by blacknight04; 12-07-2009 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or