Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 04:15 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Although; their stupidity manifested itself quite well with their inane illegal 'immigrants' rights' marches in May 2006----------especially coming on the eve of the Great Recession. And the fallout of both events is still being felt.
I remember it well. Many a 'bleeding heart' was turned against the illegals during those dark days...one guy I knew who'd been SOLIDLY pro-illegal, simply refused to discuss the matter, ever again. My elderly aunt was SO disappointed in 'her' illegals she was close to tears for days.

Watching their 'stunts' on TV, I distinctly remember saying to my wife, "who does the PR work for these guys..the Ku Klux Klan?"

That has to go down as one of the WORST cases of 'backfire' in recent history....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 04:33 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I remember it well. Many a 'bleeding heart' was turned against the illegals during those dark days...one guy I knew who'd been SOLIDLY pro-illegal, simply refused to discuss the matter, ever again. My elderly aunt was SO disappointed in 'her' illegals she was close to tears for days.

Watching their 'stunts' on TV, I distinctly remember saying to my wife, "who does the PR work for these guys..the Ku Klux Klan?"

That has to go down as one of the WORST cases of 'backfire' in recent history....
Both Benicar and myself turned against those insolent losers as you described.

Old 12-15-2009, 02:32 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,586 times
Why is it immigrants' rights groups only seem to care about humane treatment after the illegal immigrants enter this country? Why don't they care about them in their countries of origin before they come here?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:34 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post

I was much more sympathetic towards them prior to those marches. When I saw how they were behaving I was shocked and disgusted, and started reading more about the issue. The more I read, the more hardened I became against them.

Deport them all. They are all criminal scum.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:43 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Wait until the government can't extend unemployment yet another time. People are going to start wondering why millions of foreigners are coming to take jobs when so many citizens are suffering.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Wait until the government can't extend unemployment yet another time. People are going to start wondering why millions of foreigners are coming to take jobs when so many citizens are suffering.
As I have commented on in the past: I truly believe that unemployment benefits are the one thing that is keeping out of work Americans from going after illegal aliens @ Home Depot, etc.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:03 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
And you know one big reason the illegals want this is because they very much have their eyes on our social security checks. They care not one iota that social security is running out of time, they want in on it. Once they get their "papers", many that are old enough to retire will be heading over to the social security office to demand "their" checks. A bill like this will allow anyone in any country who ever worked illegally in the USA to return to get in on it, and many who never before stepped foot in the USA can simply claim they were here illegally and get in on whatever government handouts they possibly can.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And you know one big reason the illegals want this is because they very much have their eyes on our social security checks. They care not one iota that social security is running out of time, they want in on it. Once they get their "papers", many that are old enough to retire will be heading over to the social security office to demand "their" checks. A bill like this will allow anyone in any country who ever worked illegally in the USA to return to get in on it, and many who never before stepped foot in the USA can simply claim they were here illegally and get in on whatever government handouts they possibly can.
All the more reason to close/lock our southern border, really ramp up forced deportations of illegals, mandate E-Verify for all employees across the USA, make English our official language as well as cancel birthright citizenship (parentage to be determined by DNA testing if needed) and possibly rescinding same for minor age Anchors (if both parents are illegals) born after a certain date.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
The sad and true thing is that doing these sorts of things actually work. The truth, in my opinion, is that politicians are actually very, very soft and easily persuaded by signatures and nice little letters written. That can work for both sides. I really hope that anti-illegal immigrant groups are doing the same amount as those who are supporting illegal immigration because if not then that is a big mistake. The pro illegal immigrant groups are actually very organized and because of the huge numbers of illegal immigrants they have the numbers to make a voice. They are organized on the community level as well with newspapers that provide them with the latest immigration news and even churches that cater to and house illegal immigrants, giving them instructions on how to fight and how to stay here. So, I hope that anti-illegal immigrant groups are going to amp up efforts and state their opinions and voices. The groups like La Raza will just continue to fund marches, rallies and protests.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why do they call themselves "Immigrant Rights Groups" when it isn't immigrants they are defending but illegal alien invaders?
I always asked that question. They are either in denial or they are attempting to fool people by only referring to illegal immigrants as immigrants. Also, they like to make it look like people have some problem with immigration ALL TOGETHER, when it is really just a problem with illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration