U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,734,954 times

Advertisements

Sorry it's 38% in Cameron County.

What is the name for 'ostrich' in Spanish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 05:42 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,052,239 times
and? show me numbers that speak to the numbers of illegals being uninsured motorists.

otherwise you have no evidence and no foot to stand on.

simple debate= EVIDENCE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Sorry it's 38% in Cameron County.

What is the name for 'ostrich' in Spanish?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM

I think the burden of proof is on you if you cannot draw obvious conclusions.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 PM

oh man!!! you make yourself sound so uninformed and ignorant.

obviously you and your cohorts are making the claim that these uninsured motorists are illegals (otherwise why put it in this section), therefore the BURDEN OF PROOF lays with YOU. show me, with reputable evidence, that these 38% of uninsured motorists in your area are illegals. can you?

c'mon. keep up. thats basic debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think the burden of proof is on you if you cannot draw obvious conclusions.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:52 PM

777 posts, read 1,094,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal
There are 196 million licensed drivers in the U.S., about 15% of them—29 million—uninsured. Illegal aliens make up only a fraction of the total number of uninsured motorists. The percent of uninsured illegals is undoubtedly higher in Dallas county. But even there the majority of uninsured motorists are not illegals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Is this merely your opinion, or can you substantiate this with facts?
There are around 13 million illegals, right? And around 29 million uninsured motorists in total. So even if all 13 million illegals--every man, woman, child and infant--drove a car then the percent could be no higher than 13/29 = 45%. But only a fraction of illegals are motorists. So the percent of uninsured motorists who are illegals is lower, say, 20 to 25% or so. (Sorry, don't have exact stats for that.)

Here is a link for the number of uninsured motorists in the U.S. This Link says 14% (old data). The link I looked at earlier said 15% uninsured motorists (29 mil) in the U.S. But I couldn't find that exact same data.

The problem with most of you Archie Bunker types who post in this forum is that you attribute all of America's woes to illegals. You guys/gals need to use your noggins a bit more and realize that not all of the stats on the redneck sites you visit are accurate. Try doing some fact checking for yourself sometime instead of asking others to do your homework for you. And it wouldn't hurt to be more open minded.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,128,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
There are around 13 million illegals, right? And around 29 million uninsured motorists in total. So even if all 13 million illegals--every man, woman, child and infant--drove a car then the percent could be no higher than 13/29 = 45%. But only a fraction of illegals are motorists. So the percent of uninsured motorists who are illegals is lower, say, 20 to 25% or so. (Sorry, don't have exact stats for that.)

Here is a link for the number of uninsured motorists in the U.S. This Link says 14% (old data). The link I looked at earlier said 15% uninsured motorists (29 mil) in the U.S. But I couldn't find that exact same data.

The problem with most of you Archie Bunker types who post in this forum is that you attribute all of America's woes to illegals. You guys/gals need to use your noggins a bit more and realize that not all of the stats on the redneck sites you visit are accurate. Try doing some fact checking for yourself sometime instead of asking others to do your homework for you. And it wouldn't hurt to be more open minded.
There are more like 20-30 milion illegals in this country. The problem with you Apologists for illegal alien types is that you have a reading comprehension problem. None of has blamed ALL of America's woes on illegals. We don't use stats from so-called redneck sites either but I am sure your "type" uses stats from La Raza sites.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:59 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,782,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post

Great post man.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:02 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,782,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
There are more like 20-30 milion illegals in this country. The problem with you Apologists for illegal alien types is that you have a reading comprehension problem. None of has blamed ALL of America's woes on illegals. We don't use stats from so-called redneck sites either but I am sure your "type" uses stats from La Raza sites.
Even the great anti-immigrant groups CIS and NumbersUsa etc put the number at 11 million. So where are you getting your 20-30 million number from?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:04 PM

hahahaha!!! 20 to 30 million!!!

thanks for the laugh sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

Old 12-10-2009, 06:06 PM

Present your evidence to the contrary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or