Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the immigration deal?
I'm all for it, see explanation below 4 10.53%
I see problems down the road, see explanation below 3 7.89%
It's better than illegal status, see explanation below 2 5.26%
It sucks, see explanation below 29 76.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:37 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Illegals are here because we let them come here. We saw the same thing after Reagan's amnesty. The Bush Amnesty will attract even more illegals (just like Reagan's did) and it will be a huge burden on our local communities.

In effect, what we don't voluntarily agree to give these criminals, they will take.
so, what do we do to stop this? If our government will not listen to us, do we have to wait till an election year to stop all this crap? Thank goodness there are elections soon.

But, Bush is not going to have to worry about that since he cannot run again, but what guarantee can we even hope for if this is bi-partisan?

are we just s******?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,772 times
It does suck! Allowing illegals to become citizens is just un-American! In Florida I see them everyday waiting in clusters in parking lots, gas stations, everywhere! Waiting for a job, I guess. They take away from legal citizens in the way of health care, education, jobs, and they are the cause of many of the murders and other crimes in the area here. They do not know how to drive! I am affraid to drive in certain areas where most of them live. I wish we had a better solution. This could help some by making it harder to become legal, but the criminals always find a way around it.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:44 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klosk View Post
My husband is an immagrant from Germany. When he came here he learned the language and became a citizen as soon as he qualified. Why is it the spanish peoples feel they are special and don't have to conform with the American way. When in Rome!!!!!!!! This bill is wrong!!!! We need to know who is here. Not to mention the CRIME they bring!!!!!!!!!!! and, they do bring it. I'm all for building a wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes this country was founded on immagration and we are a mix, but the Europeans want to learn and that makes a difference.
Good on ya!! I too am an immigrant from Canada and am planning on becoming a citizen in the future.

This more than sucks.....more than blows.....it's so disheartening it's really not even funny. What a friggin slap in the face!!!!! I can just see Bush laughing in our legal faces; "you shmucks; you paid our government a ton of money; went through a ton of bureacratic crap just to get here legally, when you coulda just hopped the fence and got a free ride."

Old 05-18-2007, 09:45 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Illegals are here because we let them come here. We saw the same thing after Reagan's amnesty. The Bush Amnesty will attract even more illegals (just like Reagan's did) and it will be a huge burden on our local communities.

In effect, what we don't voluntarily agree to give these criminals, they will take.

I'm glad the democrats are standing up against this, can't trust these Republicans with these amnesty bills. Maybe if we elect a democrat we can get these borders closed once and for all and start racial racial profiling.

At least when Clinton was in office he closed the borders.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM

543 posts, read 1,227,772 times
Oh yeah, I forgot something. I go into a subway, or some other fast food place and they do not speak English, this really makes me mad! You feel like you live in another country, not in the US.
I just heard on the news that the court system has to employ many interpreters because of all the non English speaking criminals, guess who is paying for that! We are! Even the ones that can speak English pretend that they cannot, what is that all about?
Maybe this bill will help, they will have to learn English!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:07 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
I'm glad the democrats are standing up against this, can't trust these Republicans with these amnesty bills. Maybe if we elect a democrat we can get these borders closed once and for all and start racial racial profiling.

At least when Clinton was in office he closed the borders.
There's hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. Both the republicans and democrats in Washington want the illegals here.

Although Fox News ran an interesting news piece tonight. They said with all the illegals that will become citizens over the next twenty years, and the projected 20+ million more that will come up from Mexico and become legalized, it will kill the republican party. Their logic was three quarters of them will vote democratic and either force the republican party to the left or we will become a one party government.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
There's hypocrisy on both sides of the aisle. Both the republicans and democrats in Washington want the illegals here.

Although Fox News ran an interesting news piece tonight. They said with all the illegals that will become citizens over the next twenty years, and the projected 20+ million more that will come up from Mexico and become legalized, it will kill the republican party. Their logic was three quarters of them will vote democratic and either force the republican party to the left or we will become a one party government.

Why do the illegals lean towards the democrat side when the Repunlicans are the ones giving them amnesty? I'll never understand that.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Default Good Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Why do the illegals lean towards the democrat side when the Repunlicans are the ones giving them amnesty? I'll never understand that.
That is a very good question, and I have an opinion, but don't quote me on this, it is just an opinion.

Could it be because the Democratic Party is renouned for its Social Programs?

What is everyone elses opinion?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
That is a very good question, and I have an opinion, but don't quote me on this, it is just an opinion.

Could it be because the Democratic Party is renouned for its Social Programs?

What is everyone elses opinion?

Hmmm social programs, nay these undocumented people are coming to do the work Americans won't do. They don't want social programs they come to do the work that Americans won't do. That is the Bush mantra.

Guess what I live in NC now and the people that washed my car today were young Americans. Looked like maybe HS or college age. We still have some Americans willing to do these jobs that Americans won't do.

Old 05-19-2007, 08:40 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,848,625 times
I voted it sucks.
Enforce the immigration laws. Protect our borders. Do not reward anyone for breaking the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration