U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:53 PM

4,636 posts, read 4,982,118 times

Advertisements

Light a cake with that many candles, and we will all stay warm. Ship them out. Bye !

Old 12-13-2009, 02:59 PM

354 posts, read 734,847 times
I actually like Obama' approach to immigration - Go after the employers. The vast majority of illegals come here for economic reasons. You shut down the magnet (jobs) you stop the flow.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:43 PM

33,174 posts, read 30,469,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
By your own notions, views, and prejudice. A 3 year old's logic is if it's against the law or not . An adult looks at the law and tries to change the laws to fit the situation...because of the complexity of life. Laws aren't immutable. Laws sometimes need reform.
A three year old knows the law ? Get back on the road dude, you are all over the place.

Of course laws sometimes need reform. This mess was addressed once already did you forget? 1986 was supposed to be the LAST TIME for this mess. The law doesn't need changed. The Govt in other Nations may need changed but there is nothing wrong with the immigration laws that exist here. One million people a year is TOO MUCH.

IMO the only people that want the law changed have family here illegally. That's why so many pro-criminal supporters are ok with future enforcement but they want a free pass for their relatives already here.

Squatting isn't some kind of senority for legal status. They are just as eligible for deportation as the ones coming over today.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:57 PM

335 posts, read 282,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latino & Proud View Post
Sad year indeed.
Does this mean that you have a soft spot in your heart for illegal alien lawbreakers? Do you feel the same way about American lawbreakers?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,236,770 times
Quote:
So we should just legalize the status of every illegal alien that succeeds in violating our immigration laws as long as they aren't felons? Do you realize what an impact that would make on our population growth and the ensuing demands that go along with supporting the increased population in every way? With a policy of no enforcement like that it would entice every poor soul in the world to come here. THINK MAN!!!

You are the last person I would talk to concerning anything related to population dynamics (demography, resources, etc.) You lack the basic knowledge of population dynamics. Every poor soul would come here? Really? That's not true.

If you read my previous posts you would see I would like amnesty given to those that completed post secondary education, have lived here for a period of time and is past a certain age (elderly), is under a certain age (maybe 10). Those that have been here and are working could get work visas. Obviously, there are certain things that would be added or subtracted.

Should we also let any Americans who haven't committed a felony go scot free for disdemeanor offenses because afterall it is expensive to prosecute them? I thought we were supposed to be a nation of laws? You can't be serious!!

What's a disdemeanor? I know what a misdemeanor is. Obviously, you are so emotional that you are making irrrelevant and non-analogous analogies.
It was a typo error. I meant misdemeanor but you probably knew that. Anything to hurl an insult, right?

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,815,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It was a typo error. I meant misdemeanor but you probably knew that. Anything to hurl an insult, right?
Consider the source. The pro illegal side is flat petrified that the odds of amnesty are fading away

Old 12-13-2009, 04:28 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,108,175 times
A three year old knows the law ? Get back on the road dude, you are all over the place.

Obviously you don't know psychology. At age three you view things from the idea of right and wrong. Your logic is based on the "law". Mommy said it's bad to go outside without a jacket. They take an authoritarian point of view. Like you do.

Of course laws sometimes need reform. This mess was addressed once already did you forget? 1986 was supposed to be the LAST TIME for this mess. The law doesn't need changed. The Govt in other Nations may need changed but there is nothing wrong with the immigration laws that exist here. One million people a year is TOO MUCH.

The law obviously needs to change.

IMO the only people that want the law changed have family here illegally. That's why so many pro-criminal supporters are ok with future enforcement but they want a free pass for their relatives already here.

Pro-criminal? Some of my family have been here since 1637...I don't think my family needs a free pass.

Squatting isn't some kind of senority for legal status. They are just as eligible for deportation as the ones coming over today.

Deportation is too costly...as a true "AngryTaxPayer" you should at least understand that.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
No, just a simple question...maybe it was a term I didn't know. But the analogy is still flawed. VERY flawed.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,236,770 times
Quote:
No, just a simple question...maybe it was a term I didn't know. But the analogy is still flawed. VERY flawed.
Only to an illegal alien apologist such as yourself.

Old 12-13-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Only to an illegal alien apologist such as yourself.
No it's ridiculous. It's irrelevant, not analogous, and doesn't even make sense.

Good luck understanding logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration