U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 AM

2,930 posts, read 6,022,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
And this post serves to be constructive? Slig offered a different perspective. the one and I gave you some constructive criticism. Yet, all you did was take this as "whining" or "wanting illegals to work", despite the fact I agreed on the basic premise...not the means or the organization involved...but the premise.

If you truly wanted to "reach out", posting in the manner you do isn't the most effective way. It almost seems as if you are trying to recruit people to this website.
I agree with you 100%

I'm open to all kinds of ideas, maybe that's why I'm an independent but the way some posters here present their arguments really makes any reasonable person sick. I think that's what all illegal employers want, people like them, so nobody pays attention to them. Divide people and they(the illegal alien employers) conquer. In the meantime all the abuse to Americans wages and illegal workers will continue. But hey as long as the anti-illegal immigration crowd have this board and all those websites to bash the illegal aliens, that works... Right? What's the number of illegal aliens now? Congratulations.

And no we are smarter than this, and we know the difference and that website is garbage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 11:32 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,799,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I agree with you 100%

I'm open to all kinds of ideas, maybe that's why I'm an independent but the way some posters here present their arguments really makes any reasonable person sick. I think that's what all illegal employers want, people like them, so nobody pays attention to them. Divide people and they(the illegal alien employers) conquer. In the meantime all the abuse to Americans wages and illegal workers will continue. But hey as long as the anti-illegal immigration crowd have this board and all those websites to bash the illegal aliens, that works... Right? What's the number of illegal aliens now? Congratulations.

And no we are smarter than this, and we know the difference and that website is garbage.
Good grief! How many times do I have to say FORGET THE WEBSITE? Either you have a suggestion, or you don’t. I’ll assume you don’t.

Moderator, please delete the link to the website. Thanks.

Last edited by Benicar; 12-15-2009 at 12:54 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Good grief! How many times do I have to say FORGET THE WEBSITE? Either you have a suggestion, or you don’t. I’ll assume you don’t.
Well you assumed wrong, but I'll tell you what you are not gonna like any of my suggestions. You don't want to join forces. You want that? then you need a compromise, not "my way or the highway"

I'm not gonna agree with the deportation of every single "illegal criminal". Period. This nation was built on cheap labor and unless we find a way to keep the labor that is unreplaceable and deport the rest, you will not have my support, ever.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Well you assumed wrong, but I'll tell you what you are not gonna like any of my suggestions. You don't want to join forces. You want that? then you need a compromise, not "my way or the highway"

I'm not gonna agree with the deportation of every single "illegal criminal". Period. This nation was built on cheap labor and unless we find a way to keep the labor that is unreplaceable and deport the rest, you will not have my support, ever.
How is my stance on deportation relevant to the topic of this thread? When did I mention anything about what we should or should not do with illegal aliens? The OP relates to joining forces to attack illegal employers.

You said you have suggestions. I'm all ears.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
How is my stance on deportation relevant to the topic of this thread? When did I mention anything about what we should or should not do with illegal aliens? The OP relates to joining forces to attack illegal employers.

You said you have suggestions. I'm all ears.
Are you for real? What's gonna happen to those employees? I'll tell you what will happen, they will get hired by another company and we are back to square 1.

Illegal immigration needs to be stopped but it needs to be done in an intelligent way. Some people need to stay, some people need to leave, and the border needs to be controlled.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:37 PM

32,750 posts, read 29,988,007 times
Quote:
Are you for real? What's gonna happen to those employees? I'll tell you what will happen, they will get hired by another company and we are back to square 1.

Illegal immigration needs to be stopped but it needs to be done in an intelligent way. Some people need to stay, some people need to leave, and the border needs to be controlled.
I don't think so, when a couple bigger business get fined about 100,000k for each Illegal they hired other businesses will be doing E-verify so fast heads will be spinning.

If these illegal businesses (and they are if using illegal labor practices) can't make money legally then they need to tank.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:

In other words, it is a waste of time to target the employers. We should just wait for an amnesty bill to pass. Meanwhile, illegals are exploited, and citizens are displaced; while the employers enjoy their profits, and the citizens foot the bill.

We do agree on one thing. Illegal immigration must be stopped.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:42 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,061,000 times
american apparel is not a goverment contractor.
THEY DID CHECK CURRENT EMPLOYEES. not just new hires.

to be fired, you must have already been hired. they got rid of 1600 employees.

and those with govt contracts check all employees.
you might have your intel wrong.

Quote:
No, I am NOT kidding. They do not verify current employees, unless they work for a government contractor.

Fighting for E-Verify is fine. However, many are already fighting for E-Verify to be mandated for all employers. Obama and Congress are dragging their feet, because there is much opposition from the profiteers of illegals. However, we can NOW hit the employers in their pockets if we boycott. We canít boycott if we canít identify the employers.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
american apparel is not a goverment contractor.
THEY DID CHECK CURRENT EMPLOYEES. not just new hires.

to be fired, you must have already been hired. they got rid of 1600 employees.

and those with govt contracts check all employees.
you might have your intel wrong.
There is no mandate for ANY employers other than government contractors to use E-Verify. It is voluntary. However, employers may choose to use it for all employees.

Quote:
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows an employer, using information reported on an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to determine the eligibility of that employee to work in the United States. For most employers, the use of E-Verify is voluntary and limited to determining the employment eligibility of new hires only.
DHS | E-Verify

Quote:
As of September 8, 2009, employers with federal contracts or subcontracts that contain the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause are required to use E-Verify to determine the employment eligibility of:

Employees performing direct, substantial work under those federal contracts
New hires organization wide-regardless of whether they are working on a federal contract

A federal contractor or subcontractor who has a contract with the FAR E-Verify clause also has the option to verify the company's entire workforce.
USCIS - E-Verify

Last edited by Benicar; 12-15-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-15-2009, 01:01 PM

5,879 posts, read 12,238,992 times
Quote:
There is no mandate for ANY employers other than government contractors to use E-Verify. It is voluntary. However, employers may choose to use it for all employees.

DHS | E-Verify

USCIS - E-Verify
Does it ever get old stating incorrect information?

E-Verify is currently required by all employers in South Carolina, Arizona and Mississippi and for state agencies and contractors in a handful of other states.

Map of States with Mandatory E-Verify Laws | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels (http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/february-1-2009/map-states-with-mandatory-e-verify-laws.html - broken link)

I'm getting sick of arguing these topics with people who have no idea what they're talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or